Coffee

Leave me Alone

 

Third Person P.O.V

 

Dara hurried along the sidewalks in the bustling city, trying hard not to be trampled by the hordes of people that seemed to pass her by. She seemed to be hired for one purpose and one purpose only: to fetch coffee.

 

 It had officially been two whole weeks since she and Bom started their college life and things were looking up for her. To kick things off, a certain someone happened to be in her Econ class. That’s right, Donghae in all his glory was her seatmate, reminiscent of the fun times they shared in math their last year of high school. She wasn’t sure if she exuded anything different but he had commented on her new hair one day.

 

Another strange phenomenon seemed to appear as well; boys, actual living breathing human specimens seemed to have taken an interest in her as well. It was nothing compared to the attention that Bom was receiving but it was a lot different that high school.

 

Maybe it was due to all the thoughts jumbled around in her mind but the right foot that should have followed immediately after the left seemed to stumble and tilt on its side, catapulting the foamy drink in Dara’s hand all over a gentleman’s nicely pressed shirt.

 

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap, was all that she could think off at the moment.

Deep breaths, just apologize.

 

Gathering her courage to look at the victim in the eye, her apologetic smile vanished at the sight of a dastardly scowl. Before her stood a man, no older than herself wearing what looked to be an expensive shirt and French Vanilla Coffee.

 

“Do you know how to walk in those heels little girl,” he seethed.

 

Intimidated by the man but growing indignant at being called a little girl Dara quickly responded “For your information, I was going to apologize and offer to pay for your cleaning expenses, but now that you’ve opened your mouth I think I changed my mind.”

 

“Look here,” he said while pointing a finger directly at her face, “this shirt alone is 400 dollars, more than probably the entire outfit that you have on at the moment. I have every right to be rude to you, who told you to play dress up and walk around in the city. People have places to be rather than spend all their time avoiding menaces like you all over the streets. This is the real world, save your apologies, and hand over the dry cleaning money.”

 

Seething with anger at the pompous in front off her, her voice seemed to have stopped her from speaking fearing she might just curse him, not helping her case at all. Instead she reached into her purse grabbed a 10 dollar bill and it into the man’s hand walking away. She could hear him calling after her but chose to ignore it knowing that the money she gave probably covered for nothing.

 

As she got closer to the building, she realized she didn’t have coffee. Letting out a sigh, she allowed herself to curse the stranger again. Thinking back she recognized the obvious physical attractiveness of the man she spilled her drink on.

 

Dark brown hair stylishly combed up and tousled in just the right way. Add the deep brown eyes that were still attractive despite the anger; he was a looker. She sighed again thinking to herself that beauty may only be skin deep in a city this big. Oh well she would never have to see him again.

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

I watched the girl quickly get swallowed up by the masses of people in the business area of Seoul. Damn it. The first day of my internship and this happens.

 

I unfolded my hand and smirked at the rumpled up 10 dollar bill laying in it. The girl obviously had no idea the amount that dry cleaning such an expensive shirt would cost here in the city. She was probably some naïve little girl from the country trying to spend a day here.

 

Looking back she wasn’t all that bad looking. Her cute little nose flaring up as I yelled at her was quite the site. And her eyes. They were brown, like really brown.

 

I sighed. Was I already at the age where I wanted younger women? Come on that girl was barely 17. Oh well I would never have to see her again.