mjthgretrew

Eventually

note from meepy: ok while i'm finishing this up i might as well just upload some of it! sorry i took so long ;o; i didn't expect so many people to like it..please excuse any mistakes! thank you! c: i hope you enjoy..also today's my birthday! this is my present to you guys! along with other fluffy things in the future. and possibly smumtustt if i can get better at it. but enough blabber! on with the story!

--

Today was the day.

Kyungsoo promptly woke up at 8 in the morning, and started his morning routine of getting in the shower, getting dressed and eating breakfast. After he'd brushed his teeth and completed his personal chores, it was already 9.

 

He'd styled his hair as neatly as he could and applied his favorite cologne. As he was getting ready to run out the door, he heard his dad walk toward him.

 

“Where are you going this early in the morning?” he asked gruffly.

 

Ugh. He thought he could sneak out before they woke up...

 

“I-I'm going to go take the train to see Jongin, dad. We talked about this last night, remember? I said I'd be back on Sunday and you said you were fine with--”

 

Then his mother appeared right behind him, a tiny, frail woman, interrupting him with “No you don't! You're not going anywhere until you finish the rest of your chores.”

 

Rest of his chores? What? But...

 

“You still need to do the laundry, clean your room and the bathroom, and get the groceries!”

 

What the hell? But if he did all that he'd be late..

 

“Mom, I'm really sorry, but I really need to go now or..”

 

“You won't be leaving this house ever again if you don't listen to your mother.” his father snapped.

 

“Yes, dad.” he sighed as he started toward the kitchen to wash the dishes, listening to his siblings snicker at the table and his mom dramatically crying, “Why can't our son be better than this?”

 

-

 

Oh boy.

 

Ohboyohboyohboyohboy.

 

Jongin lay in his bed, sunlight spilling onto his face from the window. He grinned.

 

Time to get ready.

 

First, he jumped in the shower and spent almost 20 minutes washing his hair thoroughly, and another 15 on his body, trying to make himself clean as could be for today. Especially today.

 

After he'd finished, he dried himself and dressed, then ran down the stairs to eat breakfast with his family.

 

He sat down at the table, greeting his mother and father and his sisters.

 

“You sure seem peppy today,” said his mother.

 

“I am! I'm going on that school trip, remember? Right dad?” he lied. Of course he had to. If he mentioned any kind of friends, they'd go on some interrogating spree, then request a million times to meet them, stuff like that.

 

His father nodded in agreement. “Right. You better be careful.”

 

“Of course I will!” he grinned again, setting his plate in the sink. He couldn't quit smiling today.

But who could blame him?

 

He looked at the clock. 9. Okay. Time to go. I can do this. I can do this. Today will be amazing. I can do this.

 

“It's time for you to go, Jongin. We don't want you to be late for your trip,” his mom said, patting his shoulder.

 

He grabbed his bag with his clothes and a few gifts for Kyungsoo. “Do you need any money?” his dad asked.

 

“No thanks, I have enough on my own.”

 

He walked out the door waving, and started off to the train station.