50. Amore Inarrestabile

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:
 
This is the last chapter of GangWars, though there is still a one-chapter epilogue to the story coming up.
Thank you for everyone who read this story and patiently waited for my updates.
As a last gift, I am putting in Kai's POV again, merging it along with Shirin's. =]
I hope you like this last chapter and still stay tuned for the epilogue.
It was a pleasure writing for everyone. <3
 
- sonicapocalypse [formerly cOnFuXiA-NeTtEiX]
 
= = = = = = =
 
50. Amore Inarrestabile
 
Amore Inarrestabile: "Unstoppable Love"
 
 
 
"It was because of your love that I managed to start over..."
 
 
An amore inarrestabile knows no boundaries, only itself.
 
 
"...so I'll be there to love you too throughout everything else."
 
 
 
 
 
 
The crash of waves and the warmth of the setting sun woke me up and made me ralize that I am on the beach when I opened my eyes, cradled to Jongin Oppa's chest and lying on the sand atop a huge square cloth. I turned to look at his smiling face and sighed contentedly as he tightened his hold around my frame, making me feel safe and secure.
 
"You're finally awake, sleeping beauty. The trip going here's pretty long from Lotte World, so I'd have to apologize for that." He softly told me, but even before he was done, I was shaking my head.
 
"No, it's okay, Oppa. It's just that I was easily awoken by your alarm earlier this morning, so I've been feeling sleepy at times." I mentioned before once again letting myself relax under his warmth.
 
"That is another thing that I'd apologize for, baby. I was already awake this morning even before my alarm rang, actually. I just didn't want to get out of bed with how tempting you looked earlier so I figured I should just trap your body next to me and relish in your warmth." He said, and as shock crossed my expression, I sat up and slapped his chest lightly.
 
"Yah! I thought you were still asleep that time! You liar!" I playfully scoffed before standing up and walking away form him. With a laugh, Jongin Oppa stood up after me and held me from behind. He kissed the side of my head and inhaled my scent.
 
"But I enjoyed every second of it, though. I loved having you next to me, so please forgive me?" were his next words, which I answered with a sigh.
 
"Arasso, arasso. You enjoyed it. You're forgiven."
 
At that, a smile crawled onto Jongin Oppa's features and he bravely brought my lips to his.
 
As our lips found contact with each other's, Oppa held both my hands and placed it around his neck while one of his arms wrapped itself around my waist. His other hand held my face after he had made my arms wrap around him, deepening the kiss.
 
When we had exhausted all our lungs of the air it had, we broke off, but it seemed like we couldn't get enough of it as our lips still touched each other's before fully separating. We both were huffing breaths, but we didn't seem to mind. Jongin Oppa smirked at me, and I bit my lower lip as color invaded my cheeks.
 
"I love you, Song Shirin. I've never felt this with anyone before and I'll screw everything else if I ever lose you." He said in a husky voice before once more kissing me. At the mention of those three words, I felt my heartbeats quickening and a chill running down my spine. I was beginning to feel lightheaded, and I could only whisper back my 'I love you too' in between our heated liplocks.
 
"Hey, I've been curious about one thing though, Jongin Oppa." I breathlessly said once we decided to pull back again. At this, his eyebrows rose in a silent query.
 
"Well, how do I put this... Uhmm... How did you fall in love with me?"
 
I wasn't expecting his answer.
 
"It's actually a long story, but I'm pretty sure you won't mind listening to it. Just don't think I'm weird or laugh at me, arasso?" He said before leading me back to the cloth I woke up in earlier and lying down on it. He placed me to his body again, letting my eyes be on level with his. I nodded.
 
With a sigh, he turned towards the sky with its orange hue, opening his mouth to tell me his story, no holds barred.
 
= = =
 
The first time I met you was not actually when I gave you a scare while you were walking from school in the afternoon. It was, in reality, outside your school gates the morning of that same day. You were walking towards your school in a hurry and passed by me, not noticing that your handkerchief fell from your bag that day. I took it and was about to give it back to you, but you didn't seem to notice so I just kept the thing with me. I was actually in my uniform then, because I myself was about to go to school. But after I picked that handkerchief up and looked on at your retreating figure, I never got inside my campus.
 
The first time I saw you, I was already captivated by how beautiful you are. You seemed so gentle and fragile that it attracted me at first glance. I wanted to be that guy who'd keep you from breaking. It was weird that I immediately felt that way, actually, because I had been a mess after Seo Jinhee died, which continued until that day. But I felt it, and it was something different. The thought of seeing you again occupied so much of my head and I couldn't help myself. I waited outside your campus until you went home, which you did.
 
I began to follow you like a stalker going out to find as much as it can about the person he's following. I wanted to do something that would make you remember me, no matter if it was in a negative way, as long as you see me in your thoughts. That afternoon was the one wherein you finally had a look at me and ran away from me. But that wasn't the only time I actually followed you. I would usually park my car a distance away from your schoolgates after my class so that I could watch you go home.
 
I did that for four months, until the brotherhood war came. I never thought I'd see you again there, and when I looked straight into your eyes, I decided that I should make you mine no matter what happens. Using the power in the brotherhood I was in, I tried to make Hyuna Noona research about you, and I tried to take you myself during the war. I failed that time, obviously, but I knew in myself that we'd meet again. We did in Hotel Thornefille, and I managed to have you even for just 24 hours.
 
The moment I kissed you inside that brown room, I was at wits end. I looked into your eyes and saw Jinhee-yah's. I wasn't expecting that you would turn out so much like her, and the thought that the past was just haunting me... it was unbearable. It seemed like it wasn't actually you I saw, but rather the image I wanted to see, which was Jinhee-yah. So, I thought and thought deeply. I tried to think of what I really felt.
 
It didn't take me long. I understood it in myself that when I looked at you, I became aware that you were a different person, and all my senses awoken. I realized that it was you I was after, not Jinhee-yah's lingering image, and that you charmed me more than I or anyone could ever know. Disregarding the fact that you were then a sister of the Song brothers, I decided that I will do everything it takes to get you again. The perfect opportunity came when you actually found out that you weren't the sibling of the Songs, and the selfish part of my mind told me to take advantage of your state. I did.
 
But when you surrendered yourself to the SkullBeaters in pursuit of a new life, I regretted everything. I began to let myself fall for you even more, not minding if I looked like a maniac to the other SkullBeaters because I tried so hard to be close to you. You became more comfortable with me, and you still accepted me even though I told you I was an illegitimate child, even holding me close to you as I cried.
 
That was the last straw. I had given my heart to the angel.
 
I didn't care if I had to face my half-brother again, or the ReapedSouls' leaders as they tried to take you back. I wanted to make you fall for me. My heart wanted you for its own. You gave in to me, and for that, I'll forever be grateful. You became that one illegitimate child's happiness. You played angel and comforted that weak mortal from his sufferings.
 
After everything that passed me by, I regretted nothing I did to make you stay with me, because I know if I didn't... I'll never be as happy as I am now.
 
In this world of cruelty, I found you. And screw life and death, but I'm not going to let go of you.
 
= = =
 
When Jongin Oppa had finished telling his tale, I found myself leaning towards him and pressing a kiss to his lips, which he returned with all the emotions he had. I felt it, every inch of his heart, every ounce of his being, he poured out into the kiss. I let my arms wrap around his frame as he sat up and made me straddle him, and I tasted heaven.
 
It wasn't until we heard astonished exclamations that Oppa and I broke off.
 
"Yah! What the heck is happening around here?!" I know that's Sehun Oppa.
 
"You two! Calm down your raging hormones, please!" I'm pretty sure that's D.O. Oppa.
 
"How the hell can someone much younger than me be as passionate as you, Kai-yah?!" That was Suho Oppa.
 
"Aigoo, I didn't expect this. Such youngsters, but so sensual." Baekhyun Oppa was the one who said that line.
 
But the best exclamation came from Chanyeol Oppa.
 
"Just stop reacting, guys! This would be free if they continue! Just watch silently!"
 
With a pissed-off expression on Jongin Oppa's face, he stood up and hit Chanyeol Oppa lightly on the head, which caused everyone to laugh. In revenge, Chanyeol Oppa took Baekhyun Oppa's hand and knelt down.
 
Omo. I know what he's going to do.
 
"Can the beautiful angel sent straight from above accept the weak and kneeling mortal in front of her?" were his words towards Baekhyun Oppa, who understood what he was doing and batted his eyelashes. And just like what I did, the latter knelt in front of the former and said my exact words.
 
"Yah, he who said that I am an angel is gravely mistaken. I already ripped my wings off to stay with that weak mortal, so I'm now a mortal myself."
 
When laughs resounded from all of us because of the parody, Jongin Oppa made a move to chase both Baekhyun Oppa and Chanyeol Oppa. The taller guy broke off into a sprint and Oppa rushed off towards him. Actually, Jongin Oppa was about to go to Baekhyun Oppa first when the older male raised both his hands and defended himself with wide eyes.
 
"Yah! He was the one who started it! Besides, you know I have a girlfriend! I don't like Chanyeol-ah that way!"
 
So in warmth of the dimming sunlight, EXO-K and I had fun. Laughs were echoing everywhere, and happiness was in every single one of us.
 
After he had chased the tallest member of EXO-K and made him pay for doing a parody of him, Jongin Oppa trapped me in his arms from behind ang placed a kiss to my neck.
 
"I love you, Shirin-ah. Don't leave me, okay?" His hot breath tingled the skin of my neck, and in front of the rest of EXO-K, I bravely faced Jongin Oppa and pressed my lips to his.
 
"Of course, Jongin Oppa. I love you too, remember?"