49. Novum Memoria

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil
49. Novum Memoria
 
Novum Memoria: "New Memory"
 
 
 
"Now that's everything's finally settling down..."
 
 
Little did she know that today will be a novum memoria.
 
 
"... I feel like I should finally listen to my heart."
 
 
 
 
 
Please hug me just once, please smile at me
Please feel me just once, please smile at me
Just once (x3)
Just please hug me once
Please hug me just once
 
"Aish..." I muttered as an alarm ringtone echoed throughout the bedroom. I tried to reach for my phone, my eyes still not willing to open up...
 
...but I found out that I couldn't lift my fingers.
 
This made me open my eyes, only to find arms wrapped around my waist and fingers interlacing with mine. The skin of familiar bronze-toned arm overlapping mine glowed as the morning sunlight hit it. I just huffed a sigh before shifting.
 
But darn, the more I shifted, the more I got restrained.
 
"Mmmm..." A groan was audible from behind me, a low and sensual sound that sent chills down my spine. I tried to break free again, but with the force holding me back, I couldn't move even just an inch.
 
Please hug me just once, please smile at me
Please feel me just once, please smile at me
 
The ringtone continued to echo, and finally not taking it anymore, I tore the masculine arms from my figure with all the strength I could muster and reached towards the end table beside the bed I was lying on to reach my cellphone. I huffed an irritated sigh before feeling through the keys of my phone end pressing the one that would command the alarm to stop.
 
I pressed it, alright. But it didn't stop.
 
At this, my eyes finally opened and I looked at my phone's screen... which didn't feature any alarm.
 
Please hug me just once, please smile at me
Please feel me just once, please smile at me
 
I turned towards the still sleeping male who had his arm around my legs, his peaceful sleeping face untouched by any emotion. Just a distance from him, the lights of his phone kept blinking as it vibrated. The alarm ringtone echoed once more, and I reached out to turn it off, just as the masculine figure pulled me back under the sheets and buried his face in my neck. His breathing was still deep as his arms wound themselves around my waist.
 
I let myself click my tongue just for a moment before leaning towards the male's lips and giving it a gentle peck.
 
Trust on Kai-yah to be sleeping so soundly while his loud alarm wakes even me up.
 
= = =
 
One mesage received
From: Suho Hyung
 
I was washing the dishes that both Kai-yah and I used as we ate breakfast when his phone, which he left on the kitchen counter, rang. Upon seeing this scene on the object, I half-heartedly pressed 'open message'. Thinking that I would just tell Kai-yah what the message was about when he finishes taking a bath, I looked on at the words.
 
But my eyes widened at what I saw.
 
From: Suho Hyung
YAH! Where the heck are you, Kai-yah?!
I've already finished the preps on the venue.
Shirin-ah still doesn't know about this, right?
Blindfold her quickly! The rest of EXO-K's here.
Gosh, I didn't think that the kid we helped before
could actually be so slow... Aish. >.<
 
Did I just read correctly? BLINDFOLD?!
 
Just at that moment, I heard the door of the bathroom open, revealing a still dripping wet Kai-yah with only a towel wrapped around his waist. He ruffled his hair before saying a soft "Wear something outdoorsy today. I wanna go somewhere." to me, which I replied with a nod.
 
Seeing how visually appealing he was at the sight, I tried to force myself to swallow. He was as handsome as he was when he first brought me to Lotte World and N Seoul Tower as he is now, a month and a half after Taemin Oppa left for Japan. If not, he became even more attractive.
 
I noticed that he smirked at me when he caught me staring, and I just shook my head before looking away.
 
"Hey, your phone rang. I opened the message to stop the ringing, but I didn't read anything. Here." I said while trying my best to act as normal as possible. I placed all the dishes in the rack and went straight to the bathroom after the object found itself in Kai-yah's hands.
 
The moment I had fixed myself and worn a set of clothes designed for a day out, I felt my vision suddenly shift to black and I knew he had already blindfolded me.
 
"Okay, humor me, Kai-yah. Where are you going to bring me today?" I asked, trying not to sound too uninterested. It wasn't that I didn't care. My veins are jumping in excitement right now, actually. I just wanted to make fun of him.
 
"Somewhere fun... and memorable." He whispered to my ear before placing his lips to the base of my neck and kissing it gently.
 
= = =
 
"Kai-yah, I seriously love you because of this."
 
Kai-yah's chuckle was the only response I got as I saw the rest of EXO-K hold a huge banner that said "This day is yours, my beloved angel. --Kai" in front of me while there lay a cream-colored teddy bear, a bouquet of white roses, a puff of cotton candy, a plastic cup of bubble tea, and a heart-shaped box of chocolates in my hands. Inside LotteWorld, the EXO-K members had designed a game that made me explore the whole of the theme park, making me do certain dares and making me go on certain rides in the process.
 
Kai-yah had given me the first clue when he took off my blindfold, which was the blindfold itself with the words "the first thing we rode here" on it, which was the rollercoaster. Next clue was given to me by Chanyeol Oppa, making me eat the same ice cream that I've eaten the last time I was with him before I finally got the words: what we hold best. Guns, of course. Then, I went to D.O.-sshi, or rather D.O. Oppa's station [later on, after the war, all of EXO-K asked me to call them Oppa] and played a shooting game, which I won of course. Then, with the clue leading to the souvenir shop, I had to find the teddy bear and heart shaped-box of chocolates inside the store.
 
After all that, I saw Suho Oppa and was tasked to go on another ride and buy a puff of cotton candy from one of the stores using the money handed to me by him. When I did, I became face to face with Baekhyun Oppa, who gave me a plastic cup of bubble tea that I must drink while searching for the skating rink. I met Sehun-sshi there and he instructed me to catch a skating Kai-yah inside the rink. Once I do, the final surprise will appear.
 
And that, my friends, was how I got here. I went out of the skating rink with Kai-yah only to be met with all of this stuff. 
 
I looked at Kai-yah, my eyes beginning to water as I playfully shoved all the things in my hand to his frame, making him chuckle again.
 
"You can shove me like that when you actually have a committed a crime you must be punished for?" He asked me, and the smile on my face disappeared. Asking him about it, he placed a smug look on his face before leaning down to my lips.
 
"I'm older than both Sehun-ah and you, yet you call him Oppa while you call me Kai-yah."
 
Remembering what Hyuna Unnie told me back when she was driving me to her house, the day when I decided to stop the war brewing because of me, I gasped.
 
"But once he discovers that you're actually younger than him... he would never stop pestering you to call him Oppa. Believe me."
 
"How do you explain that, hmm, baby?" He whispered to my lips teasingly, and amidst the snickering EXO-K and the other people in Lotte World who have stopped and taken interest at this happening, I sighed in defeat.
 
"Arasso, arasso. I'll call you Kai Oppa. Happy?" I said, shock crossing my features when the male in front of me pressed a kiss to my lips.
 
"Oh, very. Very happy. But it would be better if you could call me by my real name, since I remember telling you that the people who call me by my first name are those close to me. Call me Jongin Oppa starting now. Say it." He said, his tone still teasing. I just pouted at him before sighing.
 
"Jongin Oppa, thank you. This was really memorable." I said softly.
 
Suddenly, cheers and squeals erupted from all around as Kai... Jongin Oppa...
 
... knelt down in front of me and looked up at me with admiring eyes.
 
"Can the beautiful angel sent straight from above accept the weak and kneeling mortal in front of her?" He asked in the smoothest voice he could before reaching out towards my right hand and lacing his fingers with mine.
 
I don't know about anyone else, but at that moment, I bit my lower lip to stop myself from squealing. Jongin Oppa was just too sweet. Who knew that one of the most skilled and respected gang heads ever in Underground South Korea could be such a mushy guy?
 
I didn't know what had taken over me, but I found myself giving into him. I knelt as well in front of Jongin Oppa and pressed my forehead to his.
 
"Yah, he who said that I am an angel is gravely mistaken. I already ripped my wings off to stay with that weak mortal, so I'm now a mortal myself."
 
When he took me in his arms and pressed his lips to mine, the shouts and cheers of everyone had long been buried in my mind.
 
Jongin Oppa pulled away not long after, and I kept my eyes closed as he pressed his forehead to mine again.
 
"Well, prepare yourself, baby. This day's just beginning."