25. Turbabat Statera

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil

 

25. Turbabat Statera
 
Turbabat Statera: "Upsetting the Balance"
 
 
 
"It feels different being on the other side this time..."
 
 
Unexpected actions are now turbabat statera.
 
 
"...but why is it that you changed too when I did?"
 
 
 
 
"Hyung-ah! Bad news!"
 
A man screamed as he ran with quick steps inside the private office of Kim Jaejoong. At first, the older male was carrying a stoic expression as he just finished signing one of the documents needed for the supplication of funds for the ReapedSouls gang.
 
But when he looked into the eyes of one of his brotherhood subordinates, and saw the evident fear in it, his face contorted into worry.
 
"What is it?" He asked, and he felt his insides shaking and twisting, an ominous feeling.
 
"A group of SkullBeater members managed to steal 241 million Won worth of weapons from our JapChi Weapon Affiliates. They came in very early this morning, according to the reports, and the sun wasn't up yet when they began their seige..." The man began to say, and as Jaejoong continued to make him talk, his eyes turned to slits at the information now being presented to him.
 
There was a moment that his eyes widened as the man continued talking, his expression became unreadable, and he was visibly stunned at the words coming from the man. He even asked if the reports had been verified as the name that the man mentioned was in no way expected by him.
 
Jaejoong dismissed the man not long after, but in his departure, a whole set of broken glasswares came with him for disposal.
 
"Damn. Seunghyun-ah HAS to know about this." Was the only thing that Jaejoong stated before he took his phone and pressing call.
 
= = = 
 
"MWORAGOYO?!"
 
He couldn't believe it.
 
"Are you sure about it, Jaejoong Hyung? This just COULDN'T be the case..." Seunghyun asked his hyung, fear invading his system. His breaths became jagged and his chest was rising and falling all too quickly.
 
"It's true, Seunghyun-ah. I verified the reports myself. It might sound unbelievable but, I guess it's reality now." Jaejoong said solemnly on the line before he bid his goodbyes to the ReapedSouls leader.
 
As the line clicked dead, Seunghyun sat down on his bed, taking his face into his hands. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes, and he tried his very best not to let it. But exasperation got the better of him, and all strength left him. The elder Song brother just let himself lay down on the bed.
 
Completely confused and scared at the same time.
 
In the months that had followed ever since Shirin's departure from the ReapedSouls brotherhood, everything began to crumble. No one really knows if it was really because of Shirin's departure, or the effect that her leave caused all of the superiors. He personally thought that it was a mixture of both. Without his 'younger sister', there would be one less person to defend the brotherhood territory, and to do the leader-works. And with the loss of the brotherhood's treasured younger sister, everyone's morale had gone low, causing the SkullBeaters to become complacent with them.
 
But he didn't know that those guys took it this far.
 
He just COULDN'T believe it.
 
At that moment, Song Chanho entered his hyung's room with a concerned expression etched on his face. He took in Seunghyun's lying form before deciding to enter the room fully and asking.
 
"I heard you shout earlier, Hyung. What's the matter?" He asked, a concerned look directed to his brother. Seunghyun, on the other hand, just placed an arm over his face, trying to hide the tears flowing from his eyes.
 
"Our weapon stash in the Japan China Weapon Affiliates has been robbed by 241 million Won worth of weapons..." Seunghyun began, and one of Chanho's eyebrows rose. That wasn't the type of news that should have his hyung desolate like this.
 
There must be something more.
 
"Well, we could just have more weapons shipped again. I don't think it's something to mull over about." He passively began to say, but he was cut short when Seunghyun took off his arm from his eyes, and Chanho saw tears being shed by his hyung. His stomach suddenly churned crazily.
 
There really IS something more.
 
When Seunghyun spoke again, Chanho felt all strength and confidence get zapped from his body as he fell into a slump on the carpeted floor of his hyung's room.
 
"It's nothing to mull over about when it's just the SkullBeaters, Chanho-yah. But it was Shirin-ah who led the group that stole the weapons."
 
= = =
 
Seven people enjoyed the night as the loud beating of the bass continued to be heard inside Club Paradise, one of the clubs helmed by the SkullBeaters gang. Liquor, music, and dance filled everyone's soul, and nobody was left out in the fun.
 
"Yah, Youngmin-ah. Pass me my drink, would 'ya?" L.Joe hollered over at the blonde haired twin, who picked the All Irish Black and Tan drink from the table and passed it to his hyung. A grateful L.Joe bowed his head in appreciation before turning towards the woman he 'rented' when he stepped inside Club Paradise. She just nuzzled her head to his shoulder and purred seductively while Youngmin went back to his place by the room bar enjoying his Dirty Martini.
 
"I'll be going out for a bit. I want to find some girls too." Kwangmin said before making his way out of their VIP room, bringing his Blue Kamikaze with him in his leave.
 
No one knew where their leader could be, as Myungsoo was the type of guy who would take girls immediately to his room and be all business. That would usually go on until the early morning, and with his Black Velvet drink with him? Who knows how hard he'll be hit.
 
If Kwangmin had gone out to the dancefloor to find himself some girls, then Hyuna was already one step ahead of him. She already had two guys up on her sleeves, and she's in no way against having fun with them. The moment Kwangmin caught sight of her, she was already making out with one of the men, her Cosmopolitan already bottoms up.
 
Then, where would Kai and Shirin be?
 
They're both inside another VIP room, where there was a bedroom and a terrace. But no, they aren't doing anything on the bed. They're enjoying themselves and their drinks, by the terrace, looking out at the city scenery through it.
 
= = =
 
"Congratulations on your successful first mission." Kai-sshi told me as he took a gulp of his Captain & Cola, and I just smiled.
 
It felt new, truthfully. To actually steal weapons from the people that had been my friends, colleagues, and brothers just months ago. The first step I took towards that weapon stash was a painful one. But Kai-sshi was there beside me, holding my hand and telling me that I could get through with it. He kept reminding me of the harsh training that I had gone through the past months, which was harsher than how Seunghyun-sshi had done with me.
 
But I became stronger through it, and now, there's this sense of liberty flooding my veins.
 
"I actually thought that I wouldn't be able to do it, you know." I said softly, looking at the blue margarita I had in my hands and taking a sip, my smile fading. Kai-sshi just wrapped an arm around my shoulders and breathed a sigh.
 
"But remember, that was just your thought. Look, now you accomplished it. You're getting over your past identity, bit by bit." He said at me in an understanding tone, and I just breathed deeply once before drinking my margarita in one shot, my resolve being solidifed with Kai-sshi's words.
 
"Wow. I didn't know that you could just... drink straight up." He said, his expression pleasantly surprised. I just laughed before slapping him gently on the stomach. He feigned hurt, and I just continued releasing chuckles.
 
"Well, duh. This is just a ladies' drink. Be amazed when I down what you're drinking. THAT would be amazing." I said, letting myself smile.
 
Kai-sshi and I had been developing a friendship over the past few months that I've been under the SkullBeaters, but of course, there are times that he becomes a bit too concerned about my well being that I have doubts. But then again, who am I? I'm just a plain girl who doesn't even know her real name. There's nothing that an 'it boy' like him would find in me.
 
If I would think about the dynamics of my friendship with him and compare it with how I am beside Taemin-sshi, then I would've seen a huge difference. Taemin-sshi had this friendly air about him, but he drags me into his feelings for me, that sometimes I find myself succumbing to his charms. With Kai-sshi, it's different. It's like you can become confused with the level his care plays at you. You would have second thoughts about how he treats you, because most of the time, he treats you like he is an older brother, but in certain times, he'd do something that is not mainstream, and that would make you think.
 
I really don't know.
 
Kai-sshi and I were already comfortable with each other's company when Youngmin-sshi suddenly barged into the VIP room where we were in, a shocked look on his face and his breaths uneven from running perhaps.
 
The news that came from him rocked everything in my world.
 
"Kai Hyung, Shirin-sshi, there's something shocking I have to tell you. There are about ten men here from the ReapedSouls with a message. They had a word with me, and they told me that the ReapedSouls will be expecting us in Club Mirage for the continuation of the war, but only the superior members are gonna fight with each other. They all had harsh expressions, and they even thrashed some tables around before leaving." He said, and at that, my feet immediately carried me down to the dancefloor, leaving my martini on a table inside the room before I followed my body's command.
 
When I got out of Club Paradise's premises, I saw an all too familiar sports car zooming in the distance.
 
Just what the hell are all of you planning?
 
= = = = =
Interesting Trivia:
 
The drinks that the Male SkullBeaters ordered are actually reflections of who they are. Try to look back at the drinks that L.Joe, Kai, Youngmin, Kwangmin, and Myungsoo took... and then look at the descriptions of the drinks below:
 
If you can't find it easily, highlight the text just beside the name of the drink. =]
 
Black Velvet: Myungsoo
Type of man it makes you: A Black Velvet exploits your dual personality: the brawny, beer-drinking side and its classy, champagne-drinking counterpart.
 
Captain & Cola: Kai
Type of man it makes you: The Captain & Cola drinker is a man in charge; he’s sophisticated, he’s in control and all eyes are on him when he walks in the room. So, grab a Captain & Cola and try your dandiest to exude that persona.
 
All-Irish Black and Tan: L.Joe
Type of man it makes you: If you favor the All-Irish Black and Tan, you come across as the fun-loving life of the party. You seem approachable, you can always be counted on for a wild story and your rugged appeal sets you apart from the rest of the bar hoppers.
 
Kamikaze: Kwangmin
Type of man it makes you: A Kamikaze drinker is adventurous, bold and outdoorsy. He takes chances, and has battle scars from a motorcycle accident or from rock climbing that women find extremely y.
 
Dirty Martini: Youngmin
Type of man it makes you: If you dapple in the Dirty Martini, you’re definitely a man who appreciates the classics, but you aren’t afraid to try anything with a modern twist. This kind of diversity makes the Dirty Martini drinker an appealing, urban sophisticate.
 
All information from AskMen.com
 
= = = = =

 

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I would like to thank kristelle001SungYun, and FlameForever who subscribed to the story. =] It really is a huge thing for me that you paid attention to my fic. I really hope that the updates are to your liking, and please keep comments coming, too. <3 Thank you so much. Really. <3

There's going to be another update tomorrow, so please look forward to it! =] <3

 

= = =
All pictures used are for the sake of clothing recognition and venue identification, which aids in better visualization of the story. The pictures are not mine, and I stake no claim on them. Credits go the rightful and respective owners of the media. No copyright infringement intended. Were only re-uploaded for the sake of compilation and assurance of long-lasting viewing activity. Thank you.