Top

I don't care if they see

...

The boy next to me is breathing gently, an adorable sound if I must say. I wanted to hear his voice, that's what I deeply need but I do not know how to get him to speak to me. Do I just say hi? Will he get nervous? 

"H-"

"Hey," he says over me, turning on the couch to look at me.

I smile, becoming nervous all on my own. Swallowing, I nod. 

"Are you going to talk to me or what?" he asks, sounding childish. "Because, if not than I can wait somewhere else. I really don't mind."

His eyes told me a whole different story. It was upsetting him how cold I am acting when in reality all I want to do is touch his face and listen to him sing with his untrained voice that is perfect. I wonder how old he is. could he be a teenager still? His skin looks soft and delicate. He must not be over sixteen. Is it wrong to want to touch a sixteen year olds face? 

He stands up with a huff.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes and goes to the door but I spring up and grab his wrist, making him turn to look up at me.

"I just don't know what to say."

He smiles and looks down, his skin heating up where my hand is. 

"Please, don't go silent on me." I sigh. 

"You seem so nervous." He laughs, blushing slightly.

"And you are not?"

He shakes his head, his perfect blond hair swishing back and forth. I almost lean down to smell it but I restrain myself.

"Why should I be?" His smile is killing me. "I see no reason to be ashamed of what I like."

Something in me snaps and I drop his arm and walk to my desk. 

"Hey! What did I say?" he cries, and I check over my shoulder to make sure that there are no tears, and there isn't. I cannot deal with tears. 

"Nothing." I try to unclench my hands but I cannot. 

"I must have said something that ticked you off." He slides to stand in front of me and leans against my desk, looking up at me, amusement in his eyes.

I crack my neck to the side, hating the urging feelings in me that want me to just take this willing soul in to me.

"You don't understand," I whisper, closing my eyes.

"I think I do," he says before resting his lips to mine.

I back away out of shock, eyes opened up wide. I point at him.

"No! I did not ask for that!" I shake my eyes, my face heating up.

JiYong looks at me, his mouth that was once all happy and proud starting to fall. 

"Listen," I say, my breathing staggered. "It's not you. I mean, yes...I want...But I know...That..." My feelings in me cut me off and I go back to him, bending down to kiss him on the lips again. I feel his hand on the back of my neck. I feel his body touching mine in such a different way when compared to Dae. He is a child, I must remember that. Of course he would not be all rough and firm like Dae.

Someone knocks on my door and I move away from JiYong before wiping my mouth with my sleeve. 

"Don't say anything," I tell him, my voice low and serious. 

He cutely places his hand over his mouth when I move to open the door. It's mom and his dad. 

"So, what was destroyed?" I ask.

"Ummm...Honey, Would you mind if JiYong stays with you for a few days while I help get them settled?"

My stomach turns.

"No...I mean...Yes, sure. He can stay with me."

"Here is some money to help get him new clothes. All his stuff was burned." The father is whispering. 

"I will take him tomorrow." I nod, now feeling like I have to take care of this child. I have a responsibility to help him grow as a man while he is with me. I have to be there for him in this hard time. He lost everything. I must give him anything. I take the money and nod again. 

"Please. Please watch him. He hasn't been the same since his mother. So just be patient with him and don't be afraid to hit him if he really deserves it."

I blink, not hearing anything after that. They leave and not too long after I force JiYong into my car but voices behind me in the empty parking lot make me turn when I am putting on his seatbelt.

"Well, look-ie here. What's all this? You have a child now?"

I feel the sting of the cut seconds after he scratches my face with a broken bottle.

"Get out of here, man." I close the door and open mine.

"Hey! I wasn't done, !" 

I turn and swing at Lee but end up missing, punching some guy I don't know. He pushes me back and I hit the car. I am punched and smacked by three men with hard hands before it all stops and I am being touched gently by cold fingers.

"Come on. They are asleep. Let's hurry."

I don't fight the voice.

 

I get JiYong into my bed and pass out besides it. Not sure of what just happened.