The Way Out

Be Mine

 

 You woke up in the middle of the night and smiled to yourself. Slowly you got up from your bed and walked over to your 2 packed suitcases by your closet. You grabbed them then walked over to your dresser where the keys were placed on the every top. You also grabbed them and headed to the door. *ok I need to get money and something known as a cell phone* (N/A remembers you don’t know anything about modern technology like laptops, cell phones, APPLE! ECT. You were stuck in the basement ever since you were born)

You looked at the keys and unlocked the door. Slowly you placed the keys in your pocket and started walking into the large hallway that soon became stairs. *I can’t believe I’m really doing this* you walked up the stairs making sure your suitcases didn’t make any noise and soon faced a huge metal door.

“What is that?”you whispered

You leaned your suitcase onto the wall that was next to you and tried to push open the door but it wouldn’t budge. *what now?* you thought then you remembered the keys. You pulled out the key again from your pocket and unlocked the door. *yes*

You picked up your suitcase and started to walk through the door. You lightly closed it back and smiled. *yay* you screamed in your head. Just like expected it was dark and no one was around. You looked at the large walkway. *if I was a normal child I would be living upstairs* you pouted

You sat your suitcases down and began looking around for money and a cell phone. You looked everywhere till you finally found it. *ohhhhhh* you looked at the money that was placed neatly on the night table by the door.

“How much is this?”you whispered

You didn’t bother to count it and placed it your pocket alongside the keys. Before you were about to leave the table you turned back to see a black screen and a photo on top. You picked up the photo to see a beautiful women smiling and laughing you knew right away who it was. *mom* you smiled you then looked at the rectangular black screen and studied it. *what is this thing?* you asked yourself.  You pressed a circle like button that had a square in the middle. The screen lit up with a battery with green and the time on the top saying 12:35. *this must be a phone* you stuck it in your pocket as well and went to go grab your suit case.  You walked over to the front door and walked out. The fresh air hit your skin which made you smile.    

 

You walked down the steps and on to the grass. *I’m out I’m out* you sang in your head. Then you were stopped by a gate. *crap* 

You were about to turn around but since you came this far you were going to do something. You picked one of your suitcases and threw it over the gate. Then you grabbed the other one and did the same. *I’m so close to freedom* you smiled. You then started to climb the gate like a spider and jumped over when you were at the top. *yes* you smiled you landed on your but you picked yourself up and dusted yourself off. You picked up your suitcases and gave one last look to your prison then ran off into the night streets.