Wind, Time Control, and Dance Practice

My Other Half

 

~*~K~*~

Closing his eyes, Sehun relaxed as the cool air and warm sun gently caressed his skin. It was surely a beautiful day in Sehun's opinion. How could anyone say differently? It was perfect- not too hot, not too cold; the wind was a gentle breeze and the few clouds that dotted the sky were constantly changing shapes. Letting out a soft sigh, Sehun felt himself slipping into a nap, which was prevented the moment a handful of girls passed him.

"Ugh, it is so hot. I bet this is some type of punishment from God for being too pretty." A slightly nasally voice reached his ears and Sehun scrunched his nose, Really? A punishment for being too pretty? his thoughts sarcastically replied.

"Omo! You shouldn't be in the sun too long, unnie! On a day like this your beautiful skin might burn!" A second voice whined back and Sehun tried to remain silent as the others who were with the first girl started to agree. He mentally scolded all of them as with each one's words seemed more ridiculous than the previous girl's.

Sehun wasn't aware of it as his eyes closed tighter and his anger rose tremendously. "Unnie!" He faintly heard the second voice again. They were all complaining again- but now it was about the increased winds. It was only when someone screamed as a nearby bench started to lift off of its cemented position that Sehun opened his eyes and sat up, his bangs smacking about his forehead, and he looked around at the panicked faces of the others in the park. His anger quickly dissipating, he jumped up to help a kid that had tripped before the wind picked up and had been holding onto a tree. As he reached the kid, the wind had ceased its incessant blowing.

"Thank you, stranger-hyung." The little boy gave a slight bow before running away, the scrape on his arm not bothering him in the slightest. Sehun stared as the kid ran away before letting out a soft laugh and returning to his bag.

"You're welcome." He mumbled as he slung his ignored book bag over his shoulder and started out of the park, as far as he was concerned it may not have been the nap he was expecting, but it was an interesting afternoon.

 

~*~M~*~

Backed up against the corner, Tao stared at the group before him, "I do not understand what you are asking from me." His voice was audibly forced into being calm, but any fool could see the flicker of anger hidden beneath his cool and steady surface.

"It's simple, Tao, show us what you can do."

There was a sardonic peel of laughter before someone added, "As the saying goes: 'We have to see it, to believe it.'" Some more laughter mixed with some quietly voiced agreements sounded in the dark hallway. The school had been closed for twenty minutes already and Tao was just trying to get out after grabbing his forgotten homework assignments.

"Even if I show you, you would never believe it. It's not something that can be seen, but understood." Tao replied, their laughter and jeering getting on his nerves, but he struggled to maintain his calm.

"Try us." The apparent leader stated, his voice containing a cold and chilling edge while his eyes bore into Tao's.

"Tao!" There was a shout from behind the group causing the cornered one to look over their shoulders and heads to locate the owner of the voice, "Tao!" The voice came again and Tao's eyes widened when he saw who it was.

"Aww, Tao has someone who came to his rescue." The jeering resumed, and Tao quickly became angry again.

What happened next was so quick, Tao didn't have the time to realize what he was doing. Xiumin- the owner of the voice- had taken a step back, and the upper classmen tht had cornered Tao were quickly on the ground on their backs as Tao moved. Beating one and then the next until he made it to Xiumin.

"I will not show you, I'm tired of people coming after my friends and me." He stated as he looked at the leader who was slowly forcing himself up again, the anger no longer apparent in either his voice or his eyes, "For now, you might want to take care of your bruises and scrapes. I went easy on all of you, I sincerely apologize if there are any injuries worse than what I promised." He gave a slight bow before turning to Xiumin and guiding him away from the group.

"I knew it. I knew you were next. They eliminated all of the pretenders, they figured out who has powers and who doesn't." Xiumin mumbled, his gaze off in the distance as he allowed Tao to guide him out of the building.

As the words registered in Tao's mind he turned to the shorter male, "Did they find Luhan and Lay to?" He quietly questioned, praying that no one was listening to them.

Xiumin shook his head, "No, they're safe. Luhan is constantly absent, given his 'doctor's note,' and Lay has mastered the ability to pass under anyone's radar. Half of the students in the school don't even know he's on the roster for our class."

They both let out sighs as they continued to walk away from the building in silence. Both males knew what was happening, they just needed to figure out how to get away from this group, the group that had nothing to do with their mission according to Luhan's previous message from Siwon. Silently, Xiumin pulled out his phone and sent a message to Luhan, Lay, Chen, and Kris to update them before turning to Tao once more, "Let's grab something to eat before meeting up with the others, there has to be a reason behind all of this." He quietly stated, hoping the other would agree as his stomach grumbled. The instant Tao nodded, Xiumin smiled brightly as they started off toward the nearest shop.

~*~K~*~

"Himchan." Chanyeol looked up at Kai's friend with slightly wide eyes and unconsciously tilted his head.

"Uhm... what?" He quietly asked causing Himchan to let out a soft laugh. It was his first time actually having a conversation with the slightly older male and it was only as Himchan continued speaking that he realized that he had never been formally introduced.

"My name is Himchan, but like Kai, you have to call me hyung." Himchan insisted, a playful smile on his lips as he poked Chanyeol's cheek. Kai just shook his head and slapped Himchan's hand away from Chanyeol.

Himchan gave Kai a seemingly playful glare and placed his hands on his hips, flipping his slight bangs out of his eyes, "Hyung, Chanyeol is new. We don't need him running for the front door on his first day because the 'oh so scary Kim Hi-'" Kai stopped himself and let out a forced cough before continuing, "Himchannie-hyung' was already teasing him." He finished in a feeble attempt to save himself.

Kai knew right away his feeble attempt had failed as Himchan had him in a headlock as Chanyeol just helplessly watched the two, confused as to what was happening. It was already Saturday, He had barely started at this new school and he was already invited to hang out with Himchan and Kai at their rehearsal; however, if the two kept breaking into fights like this they might never even make it to the practice room. Letting out a quiet yawn, Chanyeol unconsciously rubbed at his eyes as he allowed his thoughts to wandered over everything that had happened in the last few days. As his mind continued to wander he was unaware of Kai and Himchan's playful roughhousing ending as they turned their attention back to Chanyeol, laughing to themselves quietly as they noticed the dreaming look in his eyes. The other male looked as though he had stepped out of a nightmare and into a dream he was afraid might turn sour- but he was determined to enjoy it while he could.

After a few minutes of silence, Kai glanced at Himchan and nodded. Within seconds they had each grabbed one of Chanyeol's arms and lifted him up and started carrying him off towards the school. It did not take long for the daydreaming male to snap out of his state and grip at both of the other's with his hands, surprised at being lifted off of the ground, "K-Kai! H-hyung!" He unwittingly exclaimed as his feet tried to make contact with the ground again. As the other two slowly lowered him the two inches back to the ground, the allowed themselves to burst into quiet laughter as they playfully slapped Chanyeol's shoulders, "Alright, alright!" Kai suddenly called out between gasping breaths from the continuous laughter, "To the studio!" He exclaimed, wrapping his hand gently around Chanyeol's wrist, pausing to give Himchan a moment to do the same before they started jogging ahead of Chanyeol.

As they entered the practice room all three broke down into gasping breaths and laughter once again. The laughter lasted about five minutes before they started to calm down. Tossing their dance bags against the wall, Kai and Himchan crossed to the far side and set up the music system. As Himchan moved to stand in the center of the room, Kai checked the positioning before pressing play and jumping into his own spot. As the music blasted through the speakers, Chanyeol watched the two rehearse, the movements proving to be sharp and crisp as well as soft and fluid. As the song came to an end Himchan and Kai both hit their last moves perfectly and froze, dropping their positions after a few seconds before Kai ran to press the pause button. 

A bright smile on his face, Kai turned to face Chanyeol, "What did you think?"

"Woah..." Chanyeol replied quietly as he came out of his slightly dazed state. Quickly hopping to his feet, he crossed to the other two and grabbed their arms, "Teach me!" He exclaied, his eyes twinkling.

"Teach you?" Himchan started, surprised by the reaction, "I mean, I guess we could... Kai?" He prompted as he pulled his arm from Chanyeol's grasp.

"Do you think you can handle it?"

Chanyeol quickly nodded, "I'll do whatever it takes. You guys were... that dance was... wow. I want to be able to move like that." He confessed, only half paying attention to his own words.

"Alright then, let's get started." Kai stated with a sense of finality as he motioned for Himchan to take his position and he instructed Chanyeol in where to stand, "First position your arms like this." He demonstrated and waited for Chanyeol to follow suit, "Good now watch us in the mirror. We will do the first eight count and then show you what to do." Kai instructed before nodding to Himchan through the mirror, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8." He called out.

His eyes as wide as they could get, Chanyeol absorbed every movement he saw through the mirror. As Kai turned his attention to Chanyeol and explained the steps and the numbers Chanyeol happily learned them, quickly picking up the movements although they were not nearly as perfect as the other's dancing. With that, the three started a long day of dance rehearsals; joyfully oblivious to their future.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey there!

First, I would like to thank all of you for being insanely patient with me. I had actually typed this chapter up about two and a half weeks ago, but when I went to type the final paragraph... The file that I had saved the entire fic under had become corrupted and I was left with the first two chapters. T_T frustration. But I grit my teeth and tried to recall what I had written how.

The result?

The first section I'm okay with. The Second section... is different.... and the Third? By the time I got here I couldn't remember for the life of me what had been typed and I decided to completely change it. So, six brainstorming sessions later with my dogs and three of my favorite stuffed animals- here we are. I hve finally typed it up! ^-^ *claps* I'm so happy!

Now that I've given you the skin and bones update; I wish to thank you. (That awkward moment where a whole section won't change font colors...? OTL)

Thanks for being so patient and awesome. Thanks for enduring with me... and in one case, thanks for poking me in the side as a gentle reminder. ;P Anyway, much love and peace to all of you! ^-^

Thank you for being you; and for reading, commenting, subscribing, or whatever else it is that you wish to do here,

~BaiLingLing <3