Ashes to Ashes

My Other Half

-~*~K~*~

Chanyeol stood outside the school gates, heaving a sigh as he quietly reminded himself why he was here. He bit his lip as he refocused his thoughts, he couldn't let the fact that his old friends had been such jerks bother him now that he was starting fresh at a new school. He was still in a slight state of shock as he thought back to the day they had outted him, unable to understand why they had suddenly told the entire student body that he was gay; they hadn't been wrong, but he still didn't see their reason behind it.

"Kai! Over here!" He heard someone call out, looking up he saw someone standing on their toes and waving at someone behind him. Before Chanyeol even had a chance to look over his shoulder, someone had bumped into him, knocking him off balance. Chanyeol heard a quiet curse as the person who had bumped him turned and easily grabbed his arms righting Chanyeol as he slid his foot to a stop on the cement surface.

"Sorry about that." Came a quick apology as Chanyeol opened his tightly closed eyes and looked at the other.

"N-no... it's fine." He replied, smiling, "I shouldn't be standing in the middle of the path." Chanyeol admitted, letting out a quiet, sheepish laugh.

The male who had been about to walk away, paused and looked at Chanyeol, "Welcome to..." He paused and waved his hand at the school behind him, "Whatever kind of hell you want this to be for you." He joked, "I'm Kai, and that moron, is my friend... I'd tell you his name but he'll kill me if I call him anything other than 'hyung'." Kai stated as he pointed to the person who had called out to him. 

Both Chanyeol and Kai couldn't help but stare at the other though, there seemed to be a static feeling in the air as they stood in the middle of the path. It was definitely something neither had felt before and it made Kai feel a little suspicious, but curious nonetheless; whereas Chanyeol ignored it and smiled unabashed at the other, waving at Kai's 'hyung' friend.

"I'm Chanyeol. It's nice to meet you Kai...." He looked up at the other male, "Can I ask you for some help though?"

Kai gave a nod as he looked at him, "Sure... I guess... what do you need?"

"Can you help me find these?" Chanyeol sheepishly asked, pulling a class schedule out of his pocket and opening it for the other. Kai took the list and examined it, a little floored by what he saw.

"You're... in /all/ of my classes...."

Chanyeol blinked, not comprehending why the other sounded so shocked, "Is that a bad thing...?"

"No, you don't get it... This /never/ happens. There's so many courses available it is practically impossible for there to be two completely identical schedules." Kai stated, handing the paper back to the other, "Just... follow me, kid. I'll show you where you have to be." He blew the rest of the conversation off with a wave of his hand as he his heel, heading for his friend with Chanyeol close behind.

 

~*~M~*~

The winds were roaring in Kris' ears as he faced the upper classmen of his school on the rooftop of the auditorium. He wasn't sure how he had ended up here, other than running away from his seniors. He took another few steps back as he heard their jeering comments, his bangs whiping at his eyes.

"Come on, Kris, we've known you for years, tell us your power. Or does it not exist like your parents claimed on your record?" Kris remained silent as he took another step back, his heels hitting the 6-inch tall barrier that surrounded the entire roof. He hated when the upper classmen questioned him on his powers, he wasn't supposed to use them unless necessary because they tired him out. "Come on, Kris, show us what you've got." Another senior pushed, taking a step closer, a fire burning in his eyes.

Kris knew he was in trouble if he didn't do something to escape. Closing his eyes, he took a calming breath and without saying a word, he back flipped off the roof. As his feet left the surface of the roof, he heard the shouts of the upper classmen, concerned he was commiting suicide, with that thought, a small smirk formed on Kris' lips as he pushed off, and away from the roof in the air. A burst of air originating from the spot he had pushed from, knocked the upper classmen over as he flew away from the school, his hair whipping at his ears.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Surprised you, didn't I? ;D 

So here we are, Kai met Chanyeol. Kris can fly. And more mysteries are still abound~ <3

Thanks to all for taking your time to read, comment, subscribe, be awesome, and so on~

Thanks for being you!

~BaiLingLing