CHAPTER 42: CLUE

My Amnesia Guy

 

 

A/N:

Sorry for the veryyyyyy late update. @__@ I really plan to update all of my stories at once. But the poster for my other story is not yet finished. :(

 

Anddddd, I’ll do triple updates today. 

 

:)

 

 

===============================================

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo frowned deeply as he remembered his conversation with Sulli on the phone earlier.

 

“Did you tell Maeri about your feelings?”

“Huh? No! Not yet!”

“You’re really an idiot! Tell it to her immediately!”

“I need to find a perfect timing! Just why are you all rushing me?!”

“L.joe talked to me before. He was asking me where Maeri was. He already remembered everything.”

 

A sigh came out from Myungsoo as he hung his head low. *What do I do now?* He thought as he raked his fingers through his hair.

 

He never thought that L.joe will remember Maeri. He never thought that he’ll remember her in just a short period of time.

 

*Just why is he always in the way?* Myungsoo thought as he rubbed the back of his head in irritation. That Lee Byunghun never fails to annoy him no matter what.

 

Suddenly, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He looked back.

 

 

It was Maeri.

 

 

“Are you okay?” Maeri asked as she smiled.

 

With just one smile from her, all the anxiety Myungsoo felt inside slowly vanished.*How can she do that?*

 

“You’re really …” He smiled.

 

“What? I’m what?” Maeri asked him in curiosity.

 

“Nothing.” Myungsoo said as he ruffled her hair.

 

Maeri pulled back and arranged her hair while glaring at Myungsoo. “Tch. I was even worried for you because you look sad.”

 

Myungsoo just smirked to more. “You’re worried for me? You must like me then.”

 

Maeri nodded. “Yes. I like you.”

 

Myungsoo turned to her with a serious expression. “You.. do?” He asked her. *Does she really like me?*

 

Maeri nodded again. “It’s because you’re a special friend to me.” She said.

 

*Friend…* Myungsoo’s heart dropped. He had been expecting too much. She was talking about friendship. Nothing more. Nothing less.

 

 

….

 

L.joe slowly opened his eyes  and blinked to make his vision clearer. He travelled his eyes around the room. And he came to a realization that he was in his room.  *How did that happen?* He thought as he sat up on his bed and saw Niel and Chunji bickering on the side like they always do.

 

“It’s because you didn’t keep an eye on him!” Chunji told Niel.

 

Niel glared at him. “And how would I do that? All of his duties are being pushed to me. I was busy!” He snapped back.

 

L.joe closed his eyes as he breathed deeply. *Even my friends are troubled just because of me* He thought as he massaged his aching head. It must be because of the alcohol.

 

Chunji saw that L.joe was already awake and immediately rushed to his side. “You’re awake! How do you feel?” He asked him.

 

Niel followed him. The expression on his face was not good. In no time, he grabbed L.joe’s collar and eyed him coldly.  “Why did you do that? Are you out of your mind?”

 

Chunji eyed Niel. “Stop it. That’s not going to help him.” He hissed.

 

But Niel was determined to say what he has to say. He breathed deeply and eyed L.joe. “Just because of Maeri you’re going to become like this? Why can’t you be responsible even for a bit? Are you really a man?” Niel asked him.

 

“You don’t understand it.” L.joe said in a weak tone. To him, his friends doesn’t understand him and how painful this was for him.

 

Niel shook his head. “No. I can understand it. You’re a---“

 

He couldn’t continue what he was saying because Chunji clamped his hand on Niel’s mouth. “We’ll just… cook you something. And we’ll prepare some.. medicines.” He mumbled and he pulled Niel out of the room.

 

“It was because of him anyways! We had always tried to remind him that Maeri was his girlfriend but he didn’t listen. And now that he remembered everything and found out that it was all his fault, he’ll just do whatever he wants?!” He heard Niel from the outside.

 

L.joe sighed. This was the first time that he burdened his friends like this. *What am I doing?* He thought as he shook his head in disappointment.

 

What he wanted to do was to find Maeri. Why was that so hard?

 

Should I stop looking for her?

 

If I do, I knew I’ll regret it for the rest of my life.

 

 

 

Suddenly the door opened and Changjo came in. He was holding a brown envelope. “Hyung.” He meekly smiled.

 

L.joe smiled back. “I’m sorry for causing trouble.”

 

Changjo didn’t respond. Instead he walked up to him. “Do you still want to see Maeri?” He asked.

 

L.joe stopped for a while before answering.  “Yes. I want to see her so bad.” He nodded. “But I don’t think I will.” He mumbled sadly.

 

“Why?”

 

L.joe struggled to find the right words. “I.. have many things to do and to correct. I have my responsibilities.. and I don’t even know where Maeri is.” He explained.

 

“So you won’t find her anymore?” Changjo asked him.

 

L.joe shrugged. “Dunno.”

 

Changjo bit his lip as he gripped tightly on the envelope he was holding. He didn’t know if what he was going to do will solve all the problems they were facing.

 

L.joe looked at him and saw the envelope he was holding. “What’s that?” He asked.

 

Changjo breathed deeply as he nodded. *Whatever happens, happens.* He gave it to L.joe.

 

L.joe took it. “Is it about the Student Council?” He asked with a small frown. *Great. A ton of workloads for me.*

 

“I don’t know if this will work… but that’s Kim Myungsoo’s papers. I found out that Myungsoo and Maeri both transferred schools. And Sulli said that Maeri is with Myungsoo right? I checked Maeri’s papers but the school she transferred to was not included in it. I think she purposely did it.”

 

L.joe opened the envelope and scanned it as fast as he could.  

 

“But it was written on Myungsoo’s paper that he transferred to Cheongju. I haven’t checked if Maeri’s there but I think she is.” Changjo added.

 

“Gwangjun University…” L.joe mumbled as he read the papers. He immediately stood up and grabbed his phone. “I’ll check it.”

 

Maybe... Just maybe, his Maeri was there.

 

L.joe waited for someone to pick up his call. By then, Changjo spoke up. “Hyung, if you manage to find her, please don’t let go of her anymore.” Changjo told him.

 

L.joe turned to him with a smile. “You don’t have to tell me that.”

 

L.joe couldn’t contain the happiness he was feeling at the very moment. Although he’s not a hundred percent sure that Maeri is there, he couldn’t help but hope. *Wait for me, Maeri.*

 

He turned to Changjo and placed his hand over his shoulder. "Thank you Changjo." He mumbled. Changjo just nodded at him. *Thank you for this clue.*

 

 

 

====================================================

 

1