CHAPTER 39: WHY?

My Amnesia Guy

 

 

 

 

======================================================================

 

 

 

“I’m very sorry but we don’t have a student named Park Maeri.”

 

L.joe quietly sighed while his eyes remained closed. “I understand. Thank you for your time.” he politely said as he hung up. L.joe has been asking other schools if they have a student named Park Maeri. And yes, he can do that because he’s the President of Student Council in their school. He can do anything if it’s for Maeri.

 

“So Gongnum School is not where she is.” L.joe mumbled as he erased it from the list of schools in the paper.

 

L.joe scanned the list. He already asked 20 schools but still, he couldn’t find what school Maeri transferred. “Just where did you go Park Maeri?” He thought as he scratched the back of his head.

 

That’s when Ricky suddenly came inside the room.

 

“Hyung! Here are the list of schools. That you asked me to prepare.” Ricky said as he rushed to L.joe’s side and tried to catch his breath.

 

L.joe stared at Ricky for a moment. *Sulli is Ricky’s girlfriend. And Sulli is Maeri’s bestfriend….* He thought with a small smile.

 

And that’s when a plan slowly formed in his mind.

 

 

 

….

 

 

 

“But Hyung, she’ll really get mad at me for this!” Ricky complained as he tried to stop L.joe by blocking his way.

 

L.joe bit his lip. *Why would she get mad at Ricky? She’s really weird.* He thought as he sighed to calm down his self.

 

“I’ll just talk to her. Nothing more. Nothing less. I promise I’ll be polite. I won’t frown. I won’t glare at her. I swear.” L.joe said calmly.

 

Ricky frantically shooked his head. “You don’t understand me Hyung!” He whined.

 

That’s when Sulli went out of her classroom. L.joe hurriedly went to her. “Sulli!” He called.

 

Sulli turned to him thinking it was Ricky. But she was wrong. It was the person she learned to hate.

 

 

Lee Byunghun.

 

 

A frown crossed her face as soon as she saw him and she quickly turned away. Seeing L.joe reminded her of Maeri. And how he hurt her.

 

“Wait! I just want to ask you something!” L.joe exclaimed as he followed her.

 

Sulli chose to ignore him and eyed Ricky. *I thought I told him that I hate this guy?* She thought as she shook her head in disappointment.

 

Ricky quickly went to her side. “No! Let me explain! Hyung just wanted to ask you something!”

 

“Don’t blame him. I personally asked him to do this.” L.joe mumbled. “I just want to ask you something.”

 

Sulli rolled her eyes. “What?” She asked him.

 

L.joe cleared his throat as he spoke. “I was wondering… do you know where Maeri is?”

 

Sulli turned to him. “I know.”

 

As L.joe heard her, a smile formed in his mouth. *Finally…* He thought as he sighed in relief.

 

“But I won’t tell you where she is.” Sulli added as she stared at him blankly.

 

L.joe was surprised. “Huh? Why? I want to see her. I want to talk to her.” He reasoned out. But Sulli wasn’t very convinced. And she decided to just walk away.

 

 “I already remembered everything. And I want to straighten things out. I want to apologize to her.”

 

Sulli turned back to him with a small smirk. “Really? You remembered everything?”

 

L.joe nodded. “So please tell me where she is.” He pleaded.

 

“I’m a person who keeps the promises I make. Do you remember when I told you that I won’t help you if ever you ask help from me? Well, I’m keeping my promise. I won’t tell you where Maeri is.” Sulli said with a fake smile.

 

L.joe bit his lip. And as he closed his eyes, he knelt in front of her.

 

“Hyung!” Ricky exclaimed as he tried to help L.joe stand up but he didn’t even budge.

 

Students started to crowd around them as L.joe knelt infront of Sulli. And they started gossiping. L.joe didn’t care. He just wanted Sulli to know that he was sorry and sincere. He wants her to know that he is serious.

 

“I know you hate me. I know I was stupid. But please, tell me where Maeri is. There’s so many things I want to tell her. And I want to know if she’s fine. Please tell me where she is.” He begged.

 

Sulli nodded. “If you’re worried about her, don’t be. She’s fine. She’s in a good place. And she doesn’t need you anymore.” She said as she left not even looking at L.joe.

 

“Sulli! Why can’t you just tell him where Maeri is?” Ricky mumbled as he followed her. Sulli just glared at him then she turned to L.joe.

 

“One more thing, don’t try to find her. She’s already happy. With Kim Myungsoo.” She added and then she walked away.

 

"Sulli! Wait!" Ricky exclaimed. He didn't know if he'll follow Sulli or stay with his Hyung. In the end, he had decided to follow Sulli. "Mianhe hyung. I'll just talk to her. I.. I'll come back here." He said as he bowed and ran after his girlfriend.

 

L.joe slowly stood up with an unreadable expression. *Why is she with him?* And without saying another word, he punched the wall beside him.

 

 

======================================================================

 

 

READCOMMENTSUBSCRIBEUPVOTE