CHAPTER 45: IT’S L.JOE. AGAIN.

My Amnesia Guy

 

 

==================================================

 

 

 

L.joe nodded as he smiled to himself. “I can do this.” He recited thrice as he pressed the doorbell.

 

He was outside Maeri’s house. Why was he there? He didn’t know either. When he woke up this morning he felt like he suddenly wanted to see her. And that’s when he saw himself right at her doorstep.

 

He didn’t feel any nervousness at that time. What he wanted was to see her right at the very moment.

 

Maybe it was because he couldn’t stop thinking about her last night. He couldn’t help but worry. What if she’s already in a relationship with Myungsoo? What if she already forgot about him? Anxiety filled his heart and that was why he decided that he should talk to her and finally set things straight.

 

He pressed the doorbell again. He just couldn’t wait to see her. *What’s taking her so long?” He mumbled to himself with a small sigh. *I want to see her now.*

 

Suddenly,

 

“Coming!” He heard Maeri exclaim.

 

Hearing her voice unexpectedly triggered his heart to panic. And he was immediately brought back to his senses. *I’m not yet ready to see her.* He thought as he was about to run away but the door suddenly opened. Leaving him no choice but to stay there. He turned to her.

 

Maeri stood there with slightly open. Her expression was unreadable.

 

L.joe cleared his throat and tried to stay calm despite the fact that his heart was thumping loudly against his chest. How could he even stay calm? The girl he was longing for, for a very long time was right in front of her. She didn’t say a word. And her expression isn’t clear. L.joe doesn’t even know what was going on inside her mind.

 

“It’s been a long time. Maeri.”  He mumbled with an arrogant smirk.

 

*Why am I smirking at her?! I need her to like me again. This way she’ll hate me more!* He thought as he clenched his fists behind his back.

 

“Go away.” Maeri shook her head in irritation as she was about to close the door.

 

*No!* L.joe thought as stopped the door from closing by placing his foot on the small space right before the door closed. Good thing he wore his rubber shoes so it didn’t really hurt him that much. “I need to say something.” He mumbled as he tried to open the door.

 

“Let go of the door or you’ll break it!” maeri exclaimed as she tried to close it.

 

L.joe did the complete opposite of what she was doing. “I will let go of this door if you will listen to me.” Because he was a guy, he was stronger than her. And because of that he was able to open the door and go inside her house.  *Finally.* He thought with a smile.

 

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?! GET OUT!” Maeri shouted right at his face.

 

*She still hasn’t changed.* He thought as he tried his best not to smile. He looked around her house. “It’s pretty big. Do you leave alone?” He casually asked her.

 

“Get out.” Maeri said as she pointed to the door.

 

*It took me thousands of courage just to make it here and now you’re telling me to leave? No way.*  He thought as he walked around. And he was able to smell the fresh pancakes and toasted bread served on her dining table.

 

“I’m kinda hungry. Can I eat too?” He asked her as he grabbed the toast from the plate.

 

“NO.”

 

L.joe smiled as he placed butter on top of it. “Thanks.” He mumbled as he ate it.

 

Maeri walked towards him. “Are you deaf? I asked you to leave didn’t I?”

 

“It’s more of an order. If you asked me to leave you could’ve said: ‘Please leave’ But you went like ‘Get out’ “ L.joe copied her.

 

“You’re really not going to leave?!” She exclaimed. She was already reaching her limits.  How could this guy just pop out of nowhere and do this to her, inside of her house?

 

“This toasted bread is very delicious.  How many minutes did you place it on the toaster?” He asked her, completely ignoring her question.

 

Maeri grabbed her phone and immediately dialed a number. “I’m going to call the police and tell them you’re a trespasser!” She mumbled.

 

L.joe just nodded. “Go on.”

 

Maeri glared at him. “You don’t have to tell me! I’m really going to do it!

 

Few minutes later,

“This guy! He is a trespasser! He just went inside my house and refused to leave! Arrest him!” Maeri exclaimed as she pointed an accusing finger at L.joe’s face.

 

The two police officer turned to L.joe with a frown, waiting for his explanation.

 

L.joe grabbed Maeri’s hand and smiled at her. “I already said I’m sorry right? Why can’t you forgive me? What else do you want me to do?” He asked her as he placed her hand on his chest, right where his heart is.

 

Maeri tried to free her hand from his grasp but she couldn’t. He was too strong for her. *This idiot.* She thought as she glared at him.

 

“What’s the meaning of this?” The police officer asked in confusion.

 

L.joe grinned as he pulled Maeri to a hug. “She is my girlfriend. We kinda quarreled so she’s like this.”

 

Maeri’s eyes widened as she pushed him away. “Girlfriend?! What girlfriend? There’s no way I’d be your girlfriend!” She exclaimed.

 

L.joe placed his arms around her shoulders and neared his face towards her.  “We absolutely look like a couple right? We look good together right?” he smiled at the police.

 

They nodded in agreement.

 

L.joe grinned. “Yes. That’s right! We look like a couple because we’re definitely a couple!”

 

“What the hell are you talking about? Stop this nonsense right now!”

 

He turned to her with a smile. “Maeri, you shouldn’t have called the police just for this. They are very busy these days. What if there’s a crime happening outside? They won’t be able to do their job because they’re here.” He mumbled as he acted like a concerned citizen.

 

Then he turned to the police. “You may leave now. I’ll just talk to her. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.” He said as he politely bowed to them.

 

The policemen nodded to L.joe. “You should take care of your girlfriend and stop making her mad. That way she won’t have to call for us just for things like this.”

 

“I will definitely take care of her.” L.joe said as he turned to Maeri and smiled at her.

 

“We’ll get going.” The policemen said.

 

“No! Please don’t leave! If you leave, this guy will definitely---“

 

“Yes. Please leave now. be careful on your way. Goodbye.” L.joe cut her off.

 

Having said that, the policemen left. And Maeri was left with L.joe in her house.  “How can those policemen be so gullible?!” She mumbled in irritation. Then she turned to L.joe. “This is all because of you!” She exclaimed in frustration.

 

“This wouldn’t happen if you just listened to me from the very beginning.” He pouted at her.

 

Maeri eyed him. *Why is he pouting like that?! He’s so cute. Ahhhhh. No. Maeri. He’s not cute!* She mentally scolded herself as she bit her lower lip. “Why? What do you want to say?”

 

L.joe brightened up immediately. ‘You’re going to listen to me?”

 

Maeri glanced at her wristwatch. “I’ll give you five minutes to say whatever you want to say and after that. You will leave. Got it?” She asked him.

 

He just nodded half-heartedly.

 

“Fine. Talk and I’ll listen.”

 

L.joe pointed at the couch near them. “Aren’t we going to sit down? It’ll be more comfortab—“

 

“NO.” Jinhee flatly answered him.

 

L.joe snorted at her. “Okay. I’ll sit here comfortably Maeri. Thank you very much.”He mumbled sarcastically as he sat on the couch. Then he turned to her. “Sit here.” He said as he patted the space beside him.

 

Maeri shook her head. “I’ll be fine standing here---“

 

L.joe pulled beside him.  “I won’t be fine if you’re not beside me.” He mumbled.

 

Maeri cheeks slightly pinked. *What the hell is this guy saying?!* She thought. “So, what do you want to say?” She coldly asked him.

 

*I love you. I’m sorry. Please give me another chance. Which one of these should I say first?* L.joe thought.

 

“Aren’t you going to say anything? 5 minutes will be over soon.” Maeri reminded him.

 

L.joe took out his wallet and gave a small folded paper to Maeri. She opened it. It was their contract saying that she’ll be his girlfriend. Maeri turned to him. “Didn’t you tear this into two before?”

 

“I made multiple copies.” L.joe mumbled. Maeri twitched.

 

L.joe pointed a rule with his finger. “Read this one carefully. It says: ‘Lee Byunghun will decide when the contract will be nullified.’ “He smirked at her.

 

“No way!”

 

“But you signed on it.” He reminded her.

 

Maeri shook her head. “No. This isn’t legal.”

 

“I went to a law firm and had it checked. They said it was legal.” He simply mumbled. “That means, you’re still my girlfriend.” He grinned.

 

“Impossible! You liar! Just leave! 5 minutes is over!” She told him as she pushed him away.

 

“And one more thing, I already regained my memories.”

 

*What?* Maeri’s eyes widened.  *He already remembers everything? Does that mean…*

 

“So this means, you’re still my girlfriend. You can’t say no. “

 

“You can’t do anything you want.  And besides I know you don’t—“

 

“I love you and I won’t give up until you finally say that you love me too. “ L.joe smiled at her.

 

Maeri found herself dazed by the words that he spoke. But she immediately went back to her senses and stood up. “I’m busy. You should leave.”

 

She tried her best to show him that she wasn’t affected by what he just said. She pulled him up and pushed him towards the door. “Leave now.” She mumbled as she tried to hide her blushing face.

 

“I’ll leave for now but I’ll come again to visit you.” He smirked at her.

 

“Shut up!” Maeri exclaimed as she immediately closed the door.

 

“Bye Maeri!” She heard him exclaim from outside.

 

Maeri sighed as she leaned on the door . She placed her hands on her blushing cheeks. “What’s wrong with me? I hate him right?” She bit her lower lip in confusion. 

 

Then she placed her hand on her chest. “My heart is still beating fast. This can’t be.” She mumbled to herself as she shook her head.

 

 

====================================================

 

<3