CHAPTER 41: COWARD

My Amnesia Guy

 

 

=====================================================

 

 

From a distance, Myungsoo stared at Maeri like he always did.

 

A smile came upon his lips as he saw her chatting happily with her new found friends.

 

*I’m happy that you can finally smile like before Maeri.* He thought as he nodded, satisfied with what he can see.

 

Just then, he felt an arm slung into his shoulder. Myungsoo looked back. It was his self proclaimed bestfriend,

 

 

Lee Sungyeol.

 

 

“What are you looking at?” Sungyeol asked as he looked at the window.

 

“It’s something you shouldn’t look at!” L said as he pushed Sungyeol away.

 

But it was too late. What is seen cannot be unseen anymore. “It’s Maeri.” Sungyeol grinned.

Myungsoo just glared at him and sat beside Sungjong.

 

“If you really like Maeri, then why don’t you confess to her?” Woohyun asked him.

 

Myungsoo breathed deeply and looked away. “… I can’t.”

 

Sungyeol laughed. “I knew it! You’re gay!” He exclaimed as he pointed at L.

 

L narrowed his eyes at Sungyeol. “I’m not!” He exclaimed as he slapped his finger away.

 

“If you’re not gay, then why can’t you confess to Maeri noona?” Sungjong innocently asked.

 

“It’s because he’s afraid.” Sunggyu whispered to Sungjong.

 

Myungsoo turned to Sunggyu. “I heard that Hyung.”

 

“But it’s true right?” Sunggyu asked him.

 

L sighed. “It is… But it’s not like that. It’s something I can’t explain.” He mumbled.

 

“A true man is not a coward. Go on and confess to her how you really feel about her.” Hoya added with a blank expression on his face.

 

Myungsoo breathed deeply. *You don’t get it guys.* L thought as he lightly shook his head. “It’s not that easy. I already told you about her ex-boyfriend right?” L asked them.

 

Dongwoo excitedly raised his arm. “Oh! I know him!” Dongwoo chirped with a smile. “L.jay right?” Dongwoo asked.

 

L sighed. “It’s L.joe, hyung.” Myungsoo corrected him.

 

Dongwoo looked confused. “But isn’t it L.jay?” He asked as he turned to Woohyun.

 

“It’s L.joe.” Woohyun mumbled. Dongwoo just pouted. He knew he really heard L.jay. He wasn’t really convinced that that guy is called L.joe and not L.jay.

 

Hoya crossed his arms on his chest. “What about this L.joe guy?”

 

“He’s Maeri’s ex-boyfriend!” Sungyeol explained for Myungsoo.

 

Hoya raised his right, perfectly defined eyebrow. “So?”

 

Myungsoo raked his fingers through his hair. “What do you mean ‘So’ hyung? He’s Maeri’s ex-boyfriend!” Myungsoo said agitatedly.

 

“What’s there to be afraid of? He’s an EX-Boyfriend.” Hoya said, emphasizing the word ex.

 

“Hoya’s right. Stop worrying about that guy and tell Maeri how you really feel.” Sunggyu added.

 

L was slightly convinced. *They are right. But it’s L.joe we are talking about. It’s the L.joe Maeri loves. I don’t even know if she still loves him.* He thought.

 

“If you want, we’ll help you.” Woohyun grinned.

 

“Hyung is right. We’ll help you with Maeri noona!” Sungjong smiled and gave him an ‘Ok’ sign.

 

Myungsoo couldn’t help but smile. His friends are really.. the best. “Thank you.. but…” He faltered.

 

“What?” Dongwoo asked with a frown.

 

“I can’t.” Myungsoo answered.

 

His friends showed signs of disapproval and blurted out their thoughts about it.

 

“If only you’ve seen the way she looks at L.joe… she looked like she really loves him. And she never looked at me that way.” Myungsoo mumbled, a bit devastated.

 

Hoya straightened up. “You wouldn’t know anything but she might just look at you in a different way too if you confessed to her.” He told him.

 

What Hoya said made an impact on him and it made him think. Myungsoo looked at Maeri from the window.

 

*If I would confess to you… would you look at me like how you look like him too?* He thought as he watched Maeri.

 

 

 

 

“Just where is the Student Council President?” The teacher inside the Student Council Room exclaimed.

 

L.joe had been missing for 3 days. Which means, no one attends the meetings, no one approves the school projects, no one talks to the Principal about the latest updates about the school.

 

“He’s absent.” Niel spoke.

“I know that he’s absent! He’s been absent for 3 days! How irresponsible!” The teacher exclaimed.

 

*L.joe hyung is going through a lot of pain right now.* Ricky thought as he pouted while cleaning the room.

 

Changjo was arranging the paperworks. *The teacher doesn’t know anything that’s going on about hyung. So he shouldn’t be bad mouthing him.* He thought.

 

“Have you tried calling him?” The teacher exclaimed.

 

Chunji stood up. “We have.. but he’s not answering.” He answered as he bit his lip.

 

“How could he be so careless?!” He exclaimed as he shook his head and finally walked out of the room.

 

As he walked out of the room, atlast, L.joe’s friends were able to breathe.

 

“I thought he’ll eat us alive.” Niel mumbled as he sat on his chair while massaging his temples. Everything that the President has to do is pushed towards him.

 

“Just where is L.joe?” Chunji mumbled in irritation.

 

“What if hyung is sick?” Changjo asked them.

 

They all looked at each other. *It’s possible.* They all thought at the same time.

 

Ricky continued what Changjo was saying. “Hyung is sick then his illness couldn’t be cured and unfortunately he died. He died not being able to see Maeri. And when Maeri comes back---“

 

Niel whacked his head. “You’re not helping. Stop making the situation worse.”

 

“It hurts Hyung.” Ricky pouted while massaging his head.

 

“So what do we do now?” Chunji asked them.

 

Suddenly, the door opened.

 

“I was able to reach his phone.” CAP said as he barged in.

 

“You should’ve knocked first Hyung!” Niel mumbled as he held his chest, indicating that he was shocked.

 

“We thought it was the devil teacher!” Ricky exclaimed.

 

“So where is L.joe hyung?” Changjo asked him.

 

“At the Police Station.”

 

 

..

 

 

L.joe arrived infront of Maeri’s old house while swaying from side to side. He was drunk. His eyes were dried from the tears he had cried and his hair is not even combed properly. L.joe is in a mess.

 

L.joe had been drinking since this morning.

 

He was saddened by the thought that Maeri left him. His heart was breaking into smaller pieces whenever he thought of her.

 

Because whenever he thought about her, he could also remember how he hurt her. How he coldly pushed her away. How bad he mistreated her. And he wanted to erase those memories of him. And that best that he could do is to drink.

 

To drink and to forget all the pain that his heart has been carrying. Even if it’s temporary. He’d like to forget about it.

 

A smile came to his face as he placed his hand on the metal door. *This is it.* He thought.

 

From his past memories, he remembered Maeri coming out from the same door. And since he was drunk, he thought that if he called her out, she’ll come out from this door with a big smile. Just like how she did before.

 

“Maeri!” L.joe exclaimed as he banged his hands on the metal door, not caring about how loud the noise he was creating.

 

“Maeri! I know you’re there! Come out now!” L.joe exclaimed. “It’s me! L.joe!” He added.

 

L.joe got no response. *I’m not going to give up.* He thought as he banged his hands on the metal door louder.

 

“I’m sorry! Please forgive me! I was an idiot!” L.joe exclaimed again and again until his throat became hoarse.

 

Soon the neighbors got irritated of him and decided to report him to the police.

 

 

“Sir, you should really go home now. You’re drunk.” The police officer politely told L.joe as he approached him.

 

L.joe turned to him with a glare. “Me? Drunk?” He asked as he pointed to himself with a mocking tone.

 

The police officer just stared at him.

 

“I’m not! I’m waiting for Maeri.” He said as he pointed to the house in front of him. “She lives here.” He added with a smile.

 

The police officer looked at the house. It looked old and all the lights are turned off. Plus the gate is locked. “No one lives here Sir.” The police officer concluded.

 

L.joe shook his head. “No! Maeri’s here! My girlfriend is here!” He insisted as he looked at the house again. “Maeri! I’m here!” He exclaimed again.

 

“It’s already an abandoned house, Sir. Maybe she left already.” He told L.joe.

 

L.joe turned to him with a glare. And without him knowing it, he tightened his grip on his fists. “No! Maeri didn’t leave me! She won’t leave me! She loves me!” L.joe exclaimed as he grabbed the policeman’s collar.

 

“Calm down Sir. What I’m saying is she left the hou—“

 

L.joe was so pissed that he punched the policeman right in his face. “I said she didn’t leave! What kind of policeman are you?! You’re a liar!” He exclaimed at him.

 

Hot tears started trickling down his cheeks as he gritted his teeth. “Why are you saying that she left?! The Maeri I know wouldn’t leave me. She loves me. Why would she leave me right?! That doesn’t make sense!” He flared up.

 

The police officer wiped the blood from his lips as he stood up. 

 

“YAH! KIM MAERI! COME OUT NOW! LET’S SHOW THIS LIAR POLICE OFFICER THAT YOU’RE ACTUALLY THERE!” L.joe exclaimed as he tried to open the door.

 

The police officer was now pissed at him. He went near L.joe and tried to put the hand cuffs around his hands but L.joe pushed him away.

 

 “Just let me see her. Three seconds will do. I just want to see her face. If I see her, I’ll go with you.” L.joe pleaded, his tears still flowing out from his eyes.

 

The police officer shook his head and scratched the back of his neck in irritation. *He’s really…*

 

“Maeri is a heavy sleeper. Maybe she’s still asleep. I’ll just wake her up. And when I see her face, I’ll go with you. I promise. I just need to see her. I want to know if she’s okay.” L.joe said as he tried to convince the police officer with a forced smile.

 

But it didn’t work. The police officer still placed the hand cuffs in his hand and pulled him towards the car heading to the police station.

 

 

 

====================================================

 

 

 

 

READCOMMENTSUBSCRIBEUPVOTE

 

 

April Fools~! :DDD