Chapter 06.

Voice Of My Heart

Jinhee's POV

 

The next day went the same as always. Me and D.O walked to school together and always stayed next to each other. School was over now and we packed our stuffs ready to leave. When we were about to leave the school ground I was about to call Chanyeol to make dinner for D.O too but then I noticed that I've lost my phone.

I was frantically searching for my phone in my bag but I had no luck. D.O tried to calm me down. "Maybe you didn't even take your phone to school." I tried to remeber if I left it at home or not however I remembered that Chanyeol gave it to me before he left. "Aniyo, I'm sure I took it too school. I think I've left my phone on my desk."

"You can go home first. I'll come as soon as I found my phone." I said with a reassuring smile. Like the caring friend he was he didn't want to let me go off alone at first but I somehow convinced him to go home first. "Arrasso, I'll take my leave first. Call me as soon as you've found your phone, ok?" "Yes, mam." I saluted.

Here I was now. Trying to look for my phone. With no luck at all. I sighed for the nth time and walked through the hallways taking a peek into the windows of the classrooms. I stopped at our cafeteria and took a seat. Still no clue of where my phone is. Aish, I'm so stupid. I should have kept D.O here and told him to call my phone to know at least where the direction is.

Sighing again I watched the garden from our school through a window. The brown leaves were already starting to fall down with the wind blowing them away. Time has passed fast and in two weeks autumn holidays were starting soon which means that me and Chanyeol oppa will visit our grandparents in Busan.

It was no time to think about the holidays now. I still had to look for my stupid phone. I continued to search for it when I coincidentally passed the school office and saw our secretary talking to a blonde-head whose back was the only thing I could see. That person was talking something about transferring to this school after the holidays or something like that.

However the weird thing was that his found soundes so awfully familiar to me. I poked my head through the door and tried to take a better look at the blonde-head with no avail. Suddenly the secretary saw me. "Oh. Jinhee, do you need something?" This made blonde-head turn around and look at me. I was able to see his face and I immediately recognized his face. It was my first love.

 

Shim Hyunseong

 

I was stunned at first. I mean it's the first time I saw him ever since my parents passed away and me and Chanyeol moved to Seoul. His face was kind of suprised but then he smiled brightly. Don't tell me he actually remembered me...

I enterend the secretary and looked down at my feet fidgeting with the hem of my skirt. "Uhm... I was just wondering if someone has delivered a phone to you today. I lost my phone." "One moment please. I'll look in our store room." She went off to the store room. Leaving me and Hyunseong alone.

Awkward silence. I still didn't dare to look up meeting his face. "Jinhee-ah, do you still remember me?" He asked with a soft voice. Geez. Why do you even ask? I am never awkward with anyone except you! Slowly I looked up and looked at him. 

Now that I take a closer look at his face he really got handsome. Even more than before. He even died his hair blonde but he still looked handsome. "Uhm...You're Shim Hyunseong, right?" I replied carefully. Hyunseong smiled brightly and took a step closer to me.

My eyes widened and I took a step back. "Yeah..We used to attend the same elementary school in Busan and we always played together." He chuckled. To be honest I remember everything clearly. We were the best friends when we were young.

We kind of even promised to grow up together and get married. Aigoo, we really had weird thoughts as kids. How embarassing. "But then your parents passed away and you moved away to Seoul." His voice got quieter. I looked at his face and I could read disappointment in his face.

He was sad that I left...and so was I. "Mianhae, you know that Chanyeol didn't want to bother my grandparent and-" "I really missed you, Jinhee-ah." From his voice I knew that he was serious. I couldn't meet his eyes. "Do you know how hearbroken I was when you left?" "I-i do!"

Tears started to gather in my eyes. Why am I being like this now? "Then how could you do that to me? I was fine with you leaving me but why didn't you contact me? Weren't we best friends?" He started to get closer. Oh no. He was being emotional which means that he will let out all his feeling he has kept to himself.

"I tried to wait. I waited until you would come back to Busan and visit me but in the end you never visited me. I knew you stayed at your grandparents place for your holidays...How could you not even bother visiting me? I thought we promised to grow up together.."

The tears I tried to hold in slowly fell down. He stepped closer again and I could even feel his breath now. "I am really sorry." I didn't know what else to say. He must hate me now. "It's okay. I don't hate you. At least you're here now." He smiled weakly.

More tears started to stream down my face. How can someone be so nice like him? I couldn't hold it in anymore and hugged him tight. His shirt was starting to get soaked but I didn't care. Suddenly all my feelings for him came back.

He hugged me back and whispered to me. "Don't worry, Jinhee-ah. I'm here now. I will transfer to SM High after the holidays." I pulled back from our hug and nodded at him. "Mianhae, I need to go now." I pecked his cheek and left the secretary.

I didn't know why I left so suddenly. I still couldn't believe it. Everything feels like a dream to me. We kind of confessed our love to each other I think. Oh my. I'm starting to be emotional... And I still need to look for my goddamn phone.

 

In the end he came back to me...

 

Hyunseong's POV

 

I knew this was the right decision. I knew I was going to find her here. Luckily her grandparents were kind enough to tell me which school she attends but I never expected to meet her this fast. The train for Busan arrived and I entered it to look for a seat. I sat down and stared out of the window in daze.

Although I'm going to have to leave my friends I don't regret transferring to SM High. It's only for Jinhee-ah. I chuckles at how cute her expression was when she saw me at the secretary. She has really gotten pretty. Even prettier than she already was in elementary school.

I can't wait after the autumn holidays. I will be able to see her everyday and protect her. Maybe even confess my love to her if she didn't get the clue of me loving her. She can be quite slow but she is still the old Jinhee.

 

You've never changed...

 


OHO. 6th chapter!

I'm so sorry for not updating T.T

I kind of lost my inspiration to continue...but then it came back when I had to babysit an annoying little kid ^^;

Hope you guys liked it~ I mad it extra long with lots of drama...

Baekhyun will appear in the next chapter! And I will definitely update tomorrow.

If I don't...then you guys can sue me OTL

Please subsribe & comment~!!

Love chu guys