Baekhyun hyung.

Step Brothers

 

“I hate you!” she shouted and threw a pillow to the man, “I don’t want to see your face ever again!”

 

He stood there took in all of her words, her screams, and all of the objects he threw at her.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized.

 

“Apologizing will not bring back what I once had for you”

 

He sighed, “I know…I know, but can’t I at least see my son before leaving?” He asked for permission.

 

She stood there breathing in and out heavily deciding if she should allow it or not. Finally, “Baekhyun,” she called.

 

A little boy about the age of 4 comes running down the hall to his mother, “Umma,” he said and ran up to her. He hugged her leg as she patted his head, “Baekhyun ah,” she said again.

 

“Umma”

 

“Your father, he…”

 

Baekhyun turned to look at his father, “appa!” he called and ran up to hug him. His father crouched down and embraced his son into a hug, “I’m so sorry,” he apologized with his eyes closed and smoothing out his son’s hair.

 

“Appa,” Baekhyun said with a smile on his face, “you came back.”

 

His father felt a single tear trail down his face and pulls back to look at his son. He shook his head, “No Baekhyun ah…I’m only here to say goodbye to you.”

 

Baekhyun eyes widen, “Appa, you can’t go, if you go who will play with me?” the little boy asked at the verge of crying. His father patted his head, “You be good to your mother okay? I’ll come see you again once you’re much older,” he told his son.

 

He got up and adjusted the strap on his shoulder, “I’m sorry for everything, but you know well that I never once loved you,” he told his wife. She clenched her fist and threw another pillow at him, “Get out! Get out damn it!” she shouted at him.

 

He looked down at young Baekhyun and ruffled his hair, “Good bye Baekhyun ah,” he said before turning around to leave.

 

“I hate you! I hate you!” his wife continued to scream.

 

 

 

 

Many years have passed since my parent filed a divorce. Ever since the incident, I was a child without a father. I was bullied at school from my fellow classmates just because I didn’t have a father. But that didn’t stop me from becoming who I am today. I am Byun Baekhyun who is 20 years of age. I am currently attending a university near my mother’s apartment. My mother and I aren’t rich. We live day by day on her pay check that she receives monthly. Ever since the incident, I had never hated my parent once. Divorce is something that some couples go through in order to solve out their misfits within each other. Apparently my family was like that…

 

“Baekhyun ah,” Baekhyun’s mother called for him as she walked into the kitchen while clipping on an earring.

 

“Hm?” Baekhyun answered while still immersed in his books and his plate of food. She looked and him and smiled then made her way up to him. “I’ll be coming home late tonight so don’t stay up and wait for me okay?”

 

“Mm,” said Baekhyun. His mother pecked the top of his head before leaving the apartment. Baekhyun finally looked up from his books, sighed, and then went back to studying.

 

 

 

 

“Yo Baek!” Baekhyun’s best friend Chen called for him. Baekhyun looked up from his books and saw Chen waving then running up to him.

 

“Why are you always sticking your nose into a book?” Chen asked Baekhyun once he reached the man. Baekhyun simply shrugged and continued to walk on without Chen while sticking his nose into his book. Chen shook his head and followed his friend.

 

The both of them walked passed the gate and up to the doors of their university. Just as they were about to open the door, the door was swung open by screaming girls. Those screaming girls ran passed them and down the stairs. Baekhyun had to dodge them in order to not fall.

 

“Crazy women,” he murmured and this caused Chen to laugh.

 

“You tell me man,” Chen added in.

 

“Hm? They’re at it again I see,” a girl from behind them said. Both Baekhyun and Chen spun around to face Tiffany who was leaning against the door.

 

“Oh hey noona,” Chen greeted her. Tiffany smiled and walked up to the two men, “Crazy girls,” she said. Both boys nodded.

 

From afar, three black cars pulled up to the gate. Three men in black suit walked out of the driver’s side and opened the back door. Three handsome men walked out which caused the group of girls to squeal.

 

“Who are they?” Baekhyun asked. Tiffany cocked an eyebrow at Baekhyun before answering, “Baekhyun honey, how long have you been to this school?” she asked him.

 

“Um…not long enough to notice that those three people over there existed,” he told her. Tiffany shook her head, “Those three men you see down there are sons of the three richest companies in Seoul,” she told Baekhyun.

 

“The man in the middle with his hair styled up and the tallest is Park Chanyeol. The guy to the right of him is Oh Sehun and the other dude is Wu Fan, also known as Kris or Kevin,” Tiffany stated. Baekhyun looked at Tiffany, “You sure know a lot about them noona,” he told her and she laughs.

 

“Well of course I have to funny, after all I am the head honcho of the journalist club,” Tiffany reminded him, “I have to know everything about everyone to make up juicy stories for the school to read.”

 

“Oh…right I forgot about that,” Baekhyun said before shoving his nose back into his book. Tiffany stared at him before chuckling, “Chen was right, your nose is always in your book.”

 

“My book seems more interesting than anything else right now,” he defended himself.

 

“Oh they’re walking towards us,” Chen said while watching the trio making their way up the stairs. Baekhyun looked away from his book for a moment before going back to it.

 

“Baekhyun hyung,” a deep melodic voice called for his name. Everything went quiet. No one talked. No one moved. Baekhyun looked down from his book and saw a pair of feet standing across from him. He removes his book away from his face and there stood Park Chanyeol staring at him while smiling.

 

“Who?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Hyung, Baekhyun hyung, it’s nice to get the chance to see my soon to be step brother,” Chanyeol said.

 

Baekhyun looked around himself to see if there was anyone else named Byun Baekhyun before pointing to himself, “Me?” and Chanyeol nodded.