Kreesss In The House

Baking Swag

A red velvet monster emerged from the pile of burnt cookies.

Normally, I would have expected myself to start hypventilating and squeal " MOMMA!!" but I found this peculiar beast to be strangely familiar. Its chocolate button eyes stared longingly at the yellow object I were holding and i let it have a nibble. If  my mind wasn't playing tricks, i would have sworn i recognized the gruff voice the monster uttered when he mumbled thanks and left sprinting off. 

And then I woke up. Rather ungracefully,as i whammed the back of my head on the bed's headboard. " Owwie", while i was slowly recovering, i gazed out of the bedside window. The sky was as creamy white as fresh vanilla cream with blueberry like clumps of clouds sailing lazily. It was a beautiful start to the day and i felt confidence bursting inside. 

I  quickly got dressed. Part of the apprentice's attire was a plum beret that i fitted on my head, followed with a double ed  white jacket and a matching plum  ascot scarf. I peered at my fore arms and was relieved as the awful brown scorch marks had lightened to a faint pink. A blush crept up my cheeks as i remembered the touch of Mr Chanyeol's fingers on my skin.

After my belly was full with breakfast, i started my bike and rode to the cafe.

 

The cafe was situated in a quaint street called 4 Pear Tree Court. The charm of the street laid in the modest littlle shops and the great diversity of cultures you could find. It was located slighly further from the road so you would notice that the traffic's buzz and noise fade away as you enter the street. The smell of hookahs from the little Turkish cafes on the street would mingle with the active chattering of school children, giving off a lazy and relaxed atmosphere and what i adored most were the exotic treats like sugary Jamaican bread, the honey baklava at the local grocer and dusty chunks of Turkish Delights. (  4 Pear Tree Court is represented above by photo of Bridge Street in Cambridge)

 

" Good day, ____ dear!" Auntie Kim greeted as i stopped by her floral store to pick up the store supplies. " Morning Auntie! i'll need the usual" i beamed as the delicately framed women began bringing in white parcels of herbs. Suddenly, a whiff of aroma caught my attention. It was tucked between some rows of tulips. " That's our new supply of lavender, fresh from the nursery!" Auntie Kim remarked, " I could give you a bunch if you like". The lavender smelt mildly but had a distinct floral scent. It would be perfect for ... I contemplated and in a jiffy, was cycling off with a parcel of fresh lavenders in my arm.

 

Moments later, the cafe was buzzing with commotion. The staff were anxious and nervous for my performance while i was in the kitchen preparing my dish. Mr Chanyeol tapped his feet impatiently and kept glancing at the clock. 

 

Third person's p.o.v

Sohee was trembling in fear, her pretty face creased with a worried line. From the corner of her eye, she sent death glares to Chanyeol, who was unusually fidgety. " Hot he may be but if he dares kick out my ___" .Before she could finish her train of thought, Mr Chanyeol abruptly stood up. As did the rest of the cafe's crew after seeing the new arrival at the doorway. 

"OMO!" Sohee's eyes bulged out when she saw an equally gorgeous man as Chanyeol scanned around the cafe. This stud had burnt honey colored hair and was also a tad taller than Chanyeol. The most distinctive feature of him was the " Imma you" eyes  he flashed whenever he looked at someone. " Ayo Kreeesss" ( Ooh do you know who that is ?:D) Chanyeol bumped fists with the new guy. New guy smirked," Sup Yeol, so..kindly tell me what i'm doing in this cutesy, lace infested cafe?" You know i hate those stuff which strangely your obsessed with". Chanyeol smacked lightly on his back at the comment. " They seem close". Sohee thought. 

 " This is Wu Fan but he likes to be called Kris and he'll be joining us in the taste testing of ____'s dish". Chanyeol started making proper introductions." You may recognize him as a journalist for the fine dining magazine, Funky Tastes."I thought we may need him to act as an unbiased opinion". " 

 

(Zoom into Kris and Chanyeol's conversation) 

The two giants got comfortable in the woven chairs. Kris was bored and initiated, " Yeol, I'm not fond of desserts but I'll try to give a just decision, but tell me ". Kris leans in with a knowing glint in his eyes " Who is this.. girl that made you drive your poor friend all the way here?". Kris knew it was rare for Chanyeol to pay so much attention to a girl, so he summed up that she was definitely special.

" Nah, she's nothing, just possibly my student".

" She hot?" 

Chanyeol pictured ___ in his mind, trying to remember how big that bulge at her chest area was. " Nah".

" Oh, then she must be the cute, aegyo type eh?" " Or maybe she's a better cook than you?"." You slept with her yet?" 

" What? God its not like that Kris! She's a en' fetus, no way will i ..". 

" Well, excuse me for being a fetus but you're desserts ready sir".  An irritated voice interrupted

 

( Back to your p.o.v)

 

Gosh could this man be any more rude?I thought as i placed the ramekins of yellow desserts on a long table set out for tasting. One by one, everyone started tasting my dessert. Being that it was my first taste session, naturally i was nervous. 

While i was silently waiting for their response, i noticed a stranger sitting beside Chanyeol. This guy had a familiar air around and once i took a close look at him, my breathing abruptly stopped. Why is he here??

" Dessert's good". " You pass". Chanyeol concluded while Kris gave a thumbs up. The rest of the staff voiced out their praises too. Chanyeol twirled his spoon around the empty ramekin, he glanced at me slyly, " But you added something didn't you? Something that wasn't included in the original recipe".

" It was... lavender". 

Kris head swerved to my direction and i saw him furrowing his brows.He rubbed his thumb on his chin, a habit i remembered he did whenever he was confused, " Lavender is an unusual ingredient to use for desserts", " Whatmore, I've never met anyone who would complement it with a creme brulee".

" You see, Lavenders have a light and sweet floral taste to it." " I reckoned it would soften the heavy and creamy flavor of the creme brulee, make it more palatable to eat". 

Kris nodded his head. " Well, it works. " " It good that you've sense to experiment with the ingredients, something which is rare amongst noobs". " Im impressed". He flashes a blinding smile, his chocolate hued eyes crinkles along.

I unconsciously returned his smile. It was impossible to dislike this guy. Then, Chanyeol just had to spoil our moment, he coughs loudly, " All right, ____ , lets clear up the dishes, remember we still have a cafe to open". 

Kris catches his hint to leave, he grabs his tweed coat, mutters a thanks to everyone in a gruff voice and sprints off for the door. " Wait!" I could feel my mind scream, " Dosen't this match up with my dream? " " Kris eyes, his voice and actions". " Kris being here must mean something." Anyhow, i decided i couldn't just let him leave like that, so i followed him outside.

"Hold up! " I screamed exhaustedly. I swore every step Kris took equaled to me taking 3 steps. God bless his long legs.

He spins around sharply, and surprise is written on his face as he sees me bending over, gasping for air.

" Do..Do you remember me? Sunbae?" 

 

Author's rant:

Hey guys, im really sorry for taking an epic 2 weeks. Frankly i was busy with tons of stuff. Grandma's funeral. My exam. Joined a drawing class. So i apologize and hope i can update more frequently T.T. Thanks for reading this anyway, i hope Kris's arrival in the story would make it more interesting. Cos honestly, i had fun writing him and Chaneol's interaction. More EXO members would appear real soon in the next chapters so please look forward to it!

Once again thanks for reading my story :) and i'll see you guys next week!