Forgotten Memories part 2

Falling in love....with my imagination....

Annyeonghaseyo, my dear Freaks! I'm updating my 2min once again. I couldn't leave you all hanging like that again! Plus, I'm finally getting the feeling of this story back, if you know what I mean. I can't wait to write more for this! As for my other 2min... I might need a co-author to help... :(

Yes, I do realize that makes me a fail if I can't even completely something I've started but hey, I'm completely stuck with "My High School Life". I do apologize to my fans of that story but if I can't think of anything soon, I might need to either get a co-author or delete it and post it again once I'm able to finish it.... Anyway, I digress. ON TO THE STORY!!

Happy Reading~! heart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(FLASHBACK CONTINUATION - NO ONE'S POV)

Minho silently looked at the boy before a confused look filled his scratched up yet otherwise beautiful face, "How long have I had an imaginary friend?"

Taemin's lips quivered with the tears he was trying hard to suppress. Shaking his head and regaining his composure, that same forced smile found its way to the young boy's lips as he answered, "We've been together for five years! How could you forget?"

Minho shrugged and yet again winced at the pain it brought him, "The accident may have something to do with my memory. Well, lack-there-of anyway. So, five years huh? That's a long time."

Taemin nodded, his heart screaming at him to stop lying but his mind was telling him it was for the best. He choked out yet another giggle and said, "Yeah, today is actually our five year anniversary! Happy anniversary, Minho!"

Minho broke out into a large smile, "Happy anniversary, Minnie!! Hey, I know you're my imaginary friend but... can I touch you?"

Taemin's heart skipped a beat at the nickname Minho used. That's the name he always called him with before the accident.... and the name was always accompanied with that same smile. Hoping that Minho somehow say through his lie, he nodded happily and smiled a true smile for the first time in months. He sighed in pure bliss when he felt Minho run his hand through his long auburn hair.

"Man, I'm good!" Taemin was pulled out of his blissful state when he heard Minho speak. Curious, Taemin asked what he meant by that.

"I have a great imagination if I can have such a cute imaginary friend! Not to mention I can touch him and he feels like a real person!!" Taemin's heart broke at "imaginary friend". So, Minho really doesn't remember... he actually believes this childish lie that Taemin said out of pure sarcasm and desperation.

Taemin nodded and pulled out of Minho's touch, "Well this cute imaginary friend of yours demands you to go to sleep! You need to be rested so you can heal quickly and then we can play together again!"

Minho blinked once before the huge smile returned to his lips, he nodded and brought the sheets up to his aching shoulders before settling down to go to sleep like he was told. When his eyes closed, Taemin placed the stuffed bear next to Minho and walked towards the door, no longer able to suppress the tears that were rolling down his cheeks and staining his once happy face.

Just as his hand touched the door knob, he heard Minho say, "Happy anniversary, Minnie. You’re the best imaginary friend a guy could ask for."

Stopping himself from breaking down right there and screaming at Minho that he was an idiot for believing that stupid lie, Taemin mumbled a soft, "Happy freaking anniversary," before running out of the room and into the arms of his crying umma and appa, who apparently heard the whole thing.

(ONE YEAR TIME SKIP)

Minho had recovered fully and was miraculously walking and even running on his own. He was the same happy and oblivious boy that he was before the accident except this time, instead of being the popular boy in school that everyone loved, he opted to stay at home or in the back of the classroom and think about Taemin. The accident must have rattled his brain harder than anyone thought because he truly believed that Taemin wasn't real. Just an imaginary friend that he loved to spend time with.

Because of this, Taemin had to move out of his house and into Minho's just so he could seem more like an imaginary friend. He actually lived in Minho's attic! And every day, Taemin had to sneak downstairs and hang out with Minho like an imaginary friend would then he would have to sneak back into the attic when Minho went to school or went to bed so he wouldn't fall behind on his studies. Studies, you say? Well, Taemin was homeschooled by his father who would sneak over while Minho was away at school to check up on his son and such.

There were times when Taemin would make it blatantly obvious that he was, indeed, real and Minho need to wake up and see it. But, Minho always brushed it off as a "powerful imagination". Sure, as time went on he was starting to question somethings but he still firmly believed in the lie poor Taemin told him and just went along with it.

There were times where Taemin had to question his own sanity. He couldn't believe that he was actually going along with this! Yet, whenever he was going to tell poor little oblivious Minho, the happiness that he saw in his eyes when he saw his "imaginary friend", he just couldn't do it. Sure, that just meant Taemin would have to cry himself to sleep tonight (as he had done every night since the accident), but he was in love and he wanted to keep Minho happy, no matter what.

(FOUR YEAR TIME SKIP)

"That's it! I can't take it anymore!!!" Taemin screamed at himself one night when Minho was out getting groceries, "I can't take it! This is too much!! I lived like this for way too long! I'm revealing myself to Minho on Monday at school! No matter what!"

Climbing down from his place in the attic, the petite boy ran to his house and frantically knocked on the door. When his mother answered the door, he practically threw himself on his umma and hug her tight. Surprised, Heechul stumbled back but hugged her son none-the-less.

"Taemin?! Baby, what's wrong?" Heechul tried to pry her son off of her so she could get a look at his handsome face that she hadn't seen for quite some time.

"Umma!!" he wailed, causing his father to run into the room at the sound of his son's voice, "I can't take it anymore! I don't wanna live like this! I want Minho to know that I'm a real person! I'm tired of all this heartbreak! I'm tired of sneaking around! I'm tired of it all!!"

His parents looked at each other while their son continued to wail uncontrollably. Taemin finally released his mother and launched himself on his father only a second later. Hangeng caught his son and hugged him tight, he continued to look at his wife, trying to figure out what to do.

"Well, you lasted longer than I thought you would," Heechul stated bluntly, shaking her head at the life her son had to lead for so long, "You two are a great match since you're both idiots for living like this."

Taemin mumbled an "I know!" before wailing even harder against his father's chest. Hangeng sighed and shook his head at his beautiful yet ever-so-blunt wife. He knew she meant well and she did care for their son but this wasn't the time or the place to say something like that.

"Well, what should we do, Taemin-ah? Do you want to go to school?" Hangeng rubbed his only son's back soothingly, trying to calm the crying fifteen year old.

Taemin nodded and looked up at his parents, "Yes! I wanna go to school. I want to live like a normal person now! I just want to live with and love Minho like a normal person!"

Hangeng nodded, "I don't blame you. I guess I'll go ask Leeteuk if he can weasel you into Minho's class. You're smart enough to be with the older kids, right?" he smiled when he saw his son nodding frantically, his eyes practically begging his father to enroll him in school.

With that, he patted his son on the head before going into the next room to call his old friend Leeteuk. From the other room, he could hear his wife saying to their son, “Now that you're going to be in public, you have to get a haircut! I love your hair but people will confuse my beautiful baby boy with a baby girl! I don't want any competition in the beauty department you know!" he just rolled his eyes and smiled at his lovely wife's eccentricity. That's only one of the many reasons why he loved her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, did you like it? I had fun writing this. I decided that you guys would need a break from all the sadness this story had so I decided to write a happier chapter! Well.. .it was happier near the end anyway. Anyway, I hope you liked it! I don't think it was as good as my last one. Oh well. In the next chapter, we'll be back to the present and have to deal with clueless Minho's dumb questions. Huzzah!!

If anyone gets on me about needing to update my other 2min, I won't update it for another five months! And that's a promise!!

REVIEWS AND COMMENTS ARE LOVE!! THEY MAKE ME UPDATE FASTER AND GIVE YOU GUYS BETTER AND MORE FILLED CHAPTERS!! heart