Forgotten Memories

Falling in love....with my imagination....

SURPRISE~!! Didn't see that coming, now did ya?! *is hit with a coat rack* Yeah, I know it's been a long time since I've updated my 2min fanfics. But, fear not! I haven't abandoned them! I know that it pissed most of you guys off that I went on a five month hiatus (, that was longer than I planned it to be...) but I had to! My Super Junior fics needed love and I most defiantly needed time to plan out the rest of the chapter (not to mention that I had a serious writers block when it came to my 2min fics). Yes, I realize that I'm a fail as an author for leaving my dear Freaks hanging like that, but now 2min is back! I find that if you listen to Big Bang's "Haru Haru", you'll be able to really get into this chapter!

Happy reading~! heart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minho's POV

                          I blinked as I looked down at the small boy in front of me in shock. Promise? I promised something to my imaginary friend? Then I forget about the promise and my imaginary friend comes to life and expects me to remember the promise? What the hell is happening?! Did the God of Random curse this day or something?!

                          "I..." I cleared my throat and shook my head, "I promised to do what?"

                          Taemin looked up at me with big eyes, "You don't remember that promise? The promise is the whole reason I stayed with you throughout all these years! Well, besides the fact that I love you and all..."

                          "Taemin, you're my imaginary friend. Well, were my imaginary friend. How could I make a promise like that and actually go through with it without seeming like I was insane or something? And you couldn't have gone anywhere without me imagining it," I stated calmly before remembering something, "Wait... you love me?!"

                          Taemin shook his head and sighed, "How could you not know that I love you?! I'm pretty sure I made it obvious. Anyway, you obviously don't remember your childhood, do you?"

                          When I shook my head and smiled sheepishly at him, he rubbed his eyes and face in an annoyed fashion. He took my hand and led me over to the couch where he sat me down and he took a spot on the coffee table in front of me. He held both of my hands and looked me in the eyes before saying, "Look, since you obviously don't remember jack-squat, I'll tell you about the most of the important parts that lead to the promise and then the important parts after the promise, okay?"

                          "How can my imaginary friend remember something about me that I can't?" I was steadily becoming more aware of how creepy it is that your imaginary friend remembers more stuff about you than you do.

                          "Damn it, Minho!" he snapped, obviously annoyed with me, "I'm a real person so just shut up and listen to what I'm about to say, got it?!"

                          When I nodded and quickly shut my mouth, he rubbed the back of my hands with his thumb, which I found odd because the action felt vaguely familiar, "No more interruptions! Now then, this story - well, our story- starts when you were seven and I was five. It begins with a family moving in next door...."

(AWESOME FLASHBACK SEQUENCE - NO ONE'S POV!!)

                          A seven year old Minho stepped outside with a soccer ball in hand. He was hoping to play some soccer with his hyung that lived down the street but the idea was quickly abandoned when his mother called him over from the neighbor’s house. Apparently they were going to have some new neighbors and his family was nice enough to help them settle in. He ran over to his mother and smiled happily when she ran her fingers through his soft brown hair before introducing him to his new neighbors.

                          "This is our son, Minho. He's very athletic and very bright. Say hello, Minho," his mother gave him a soft smile as if to reassure him that the neighbors were nice people.

                          "Hi, my name is Minho! I'm seven years old and I go to SM Elementary School," he finished off with a toothy smile, showing off his pearly whites, minus the little tooth in the far left corner he was currently missing.

                          "It's nice to meet you Minho," the woman said, "My name is Heechul, but you can call me Mrs. Lee. This is my husband, Hangeng, but you can call him Mr. Lee."

                          Hangeng smiled at him before he turned and beckoned to the small child who was secretly watching all that was going on behind the front door of the new house, he nodded reassuringly as the child shyly stepped out of his hiding place and walked slowly over to the group of people.

                          "Come on, don't be rude and introduce yourself," Hangeng said as he tried to pry the small child off his leg so he could introduce himself.

                          The small child eventually leg go of his father's leg and looked up at the adults before his eyes landed on Minho, "H-hi, my name is Taemin. I'm five years old and I'll be going to SM Elementary School this Monday..."

                          "Aw!" Minho's mother squealed, ruffling the boys auburn hair, "You're so cute!"

                         The boy backed out of reach of Minho's mother's hand, wrinkling his nose cutely before fixing his hair. Minho tilted his head to the side slightly while watching said boy fix his hair. After a moment of watching, he said, "Hey, Taemin. Do you like sports? I was going to play some soccer before I came over here."

                          Taemin shook his head quickly, "I hate sports! I always end up getting hurt!"

                          Heechul giggled at her son's response, "It’s true," she sighed, "Taemin always comes home with bruises and scrapes when he tries to play any type of sport. He prefers to dance more than anything really, just like his father."

                          Minho glanced up at the giggling woman before looking back down at the slightly smaller boy. He nodded before grabbing Taemin's hand, "Okay then! Lets just play games at my house for a while," and with that, he dragged the boy all the way to his house, leaving behind the group of laughing adults.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

                          After about twenty rounds of multiple video games (mostly sports related), Minho switched off the console and looked over at the pouting boy.

                          "Taemin..." catching the boy's attention, he continued, "Your mom was right, you at sports."

                          Taemin huffed and turned away, "Shut up! I said I didn't like sports and I meant it!"

                          Minho watched the smaller boy pout for a few moments before casually making his way over to him and sitting down directly in front of him. The younger boy looked up at his hyung before pouting even harder. Minho tried to think of ways to make his dongsaeng stop pouting but nothing came to mind. Eventually, he remembered the way his mom always stopped him from pouting. Shrugging at the idea, he quickly leaned closer to the boy and pressed a soft peck to his lips.

                          Taemin stared wide-eyed at the boy for a moment. He kept perfectly still before shyly asking, "W-why did you just kiss me?"

                          Minho shrugged, "My mom always said that a kiss was the easiest way to keep a loved one from pouting."

                          Taemin blinked a few times before everything registered in his head, "You love me?!"

                          Minho nodded without any hesitation, acting as if this was the most normal thing in the world, "Yeah. I loved you ever since I laid eyes on you," he stated, remembering the cheesy line his father always said to his mother when she was mad at him.

                          Taemin looked around with a small blush on his cheeks before staring innocently at Minho, "My mommy says that if you kiss someone and tell them that you love them, then you have to marry them!"

                          Minho held his pinkie finger up, "Okay then. We'll get married after we finish high school!"

                          Taemin giggled before wrapping his small finger around the other boy's for a pinkie promise, "We'll be so old then!"

                          Minho grinned while he shook their hands up and down, "It'll be okay because we'll grow old together!"

                          Taemin grinned up at his future-husband, showing that he was missing his two front teeth, before giggling happily, "I'm going to be the best wife ever! Only for you, hyung!"

                          The two boys stayed up the rest of the night, planning out their future together; blissfully unaware of what would befall them in the near future....

(FIVE YEAR TIME SKIP)

                          Minho opened his eyes, only to quickly shut them again because of the blinding light of the room. He rubbed his eyes gently before sitting up. He had just enough time to realize that this was, indeed, not his bedroom before a searing pain ripped through the arm he was using to support himself, sending him crashing back to the mattress. He heard a small gasp from the corner of the white room and he whipped his head around, ignoring the searing pain that was now attacking his neck and spotted his mother and father running towards him with open arms.

                         "My baby's alive!" his mother wailed, clinging to him for dear life. His father said nothing but clung to his son, silently thanking every God he could think of for keeping his son alive. Minho hugged both of his parents and waited for his mother's tears to stop before he asked the question he had been waiting to ask since he woke up, "Um... Mom, Dad.... What's going on?"

                          His parents worriedly looked at each other before looking back at their son, "You mean you can't remember?"

                          Minho struggled to remember something, anything, but he came up empty-handed. He just sadly shook his head and looked back to his parents. His parents once again looked at each other before looking towards the open door then they sighed, looking sadly at the door one last time before looking towards their son.

                          "Well, a few months ago, you were going to our neighbor's house when a drunk driver came speeding down the narrow road, you tried to avoid the driver, but he swerved at the last minute and hit you head on. The neighbor's called the ambulance but, by then, you had already slipped into a coma. The doctor said that both of your legs were broken, your left ankle was completely shattered, your right arm was broken, your shoulder and hip were dislocated, and you banged up your head and neck pretty badly. The doctors said it would be a miracle if you woke up from that coma, and it would be an even bigger miracle if you could walk by yourself."

                          Minho nodded as the words began to sink in, he looked down at himself for the first time and noticed all the wires and casts that covered his body. He took in the over whelming sight of his once muscular (as muscular as a twelve year old could get anyway) body that has withered away to what it is now: nothing but skin and bone, not sickly, but he didn't have much muscle anymore. He was covered with casts and where there wasn't a cast, there was some type of bruise or scrape, and occasionally, the casts, bruises, and scrapes were replaced with band-aids and stitches.

                          He gave his parents a sad look before opening his mouth to speak, "Hey, can you guys.... get me some lunch or something?"

                          His parents nodded and left the room, understanding that Minho didn't actually want food, he wanted to be alone for a while. Minho carefully looked over his appearance for what seemed to be the fifth time before the door opened to reveal a boy, slightly younger than himself, standing there holding a stuffed bear.

                          Minho looked the boy over before smiling, "Hello there!"

                          The petite boy smiled back and ran to his side, "Hi Minho! How are you feeling?"

                          "Alright, I guess," he shrugged and winced at the pain in his shoulder, "I would be better if it didn't hurt every time I moved though... Wait, how do you know my name? I don't believe we've met before."

                          For the second time in his life, Taemin felt his whole world crumble. It was hard enough knowing that the boy he had grown to love since that promise they made five years ago was in the hospital and there was a possibility that he wouldn't wake up from the coma he had to witness him slip into, but now the love of his love couldn't even recognize him! After he sat here all night, even after his parents fell asleep, holding his hands and rubbing them gently with his thumb, praying for Minho to open his eyes and tell him everything will be okay! This was too much! But, what could he do? It wasn't like it was Minho's fault that he couldn't remember anything. And Taemin certainly didn't want to leave the boy, especially when he's this confused and vulnerable. So, he had to say the one thing that would seal his fate for the next five grueling years of his life. He had to lie to the person he loved most just so he didn't have to leave his side and he could be with him for eternity. He had to say the one thing he knew would break his heart everyday but, what was he to do? He was a young, immature boy who didn't want to leave the older boy's side, not even for a second.

                          Putting on a smile, although it was blatantly obvious to everyone but Minho that he was screaming and crying on the inside, he choked out a giggle before saying, "Silly! How could you not know me? I'm Taemin, your imaginary friend~!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how was it? Did you like it, love it, hate it? This was a great chapter to write and I feel great for finally updating it! HUZZAH~!! Now you guys can't yell at me about it any more! (*cough cough*Reu!*cough cough*) And hell yeah, Heechul is Taemin's umma! Who else? An actual woman? Pfft, yeah right! Oh, and if anyone gets on me about needing to update my other 2min, I won't update it for another five months! And that's a promise!!

REVIEWS AND COMMENTS ARE LOVE!! THEY MAKE ME UPDATE FASTER AND GIVE YOU GUYS BETTER AND MORE FILLED CHAPTERS!! heart