Painful Truth...

My Merman Lover

No One's POV

Visible smiles, grins and occasional blush were seen as they chat the night away.

They were too absurd with each others company to notice the pair of eyes, watching their every actions and eavesdropping with their every conversations behind the big rock a few meters away from them.

Jaejoong's POV

I felt the atmosphere getting colder and the waves getting quick and bigger.

'Go back home... you need to come back home...' I recognize his voice whispering under the waves.

Junsu...

"Is there something wrong, Jaejoong? Did I say something wrong?" I heard her say.

"N-no... I think we should end our chat here for now. Let's just meet again tomorrow night..." I replied though my eyes never left the water.

'Come back quickly...'

I heard him hiss.

"But why? Is this about--"

"I need to go, _________" I crawl near the waves.

"But Jaejoong, I'll be leaving tomorrow." I heard her mumble as I stay still on my place.

"You'll leave... already?"

She nodded.

"So, can we meet earlier than usual? We'll leave at 10 in the evening..." Her head hung low.

"I'll see you at 8, I promise."

One last glace before I hurriedly swam back home.


ISLA MERMAIDIA

"What do you think are you doing?" His eyes fixed on me and his voice no longer cheerful like it used to be. It sounds so cold.

"What's wrong befriending with her?" I keep my head down.

"You'll put yourself in danger, Jaejoong hyung." His voice stays the same.

"She's different, Su. She'sㅡ"

"She's still a mortal. And all of them are the same! You can't just trust them!" He hissed.

"I told you, Junsu. She's not like what you think."

Sigh...

"I'll be giving you no options, so do as I say. Stop seeing that mortal."

"Butㅡ"

"I'm giving you a command as Mermaidia's Prince."

He got into the water and sat beside me.

"I hope you understand why I'm being like this. You're my hyung and I don't want you to get in danger." His voice softened as he gently pat my shoulder. "I won't tell this to father, don’t worry.” and he left.

I sat on the rock and thought of something of how could I escape tomorrow and see her when her words suddenly flashed to my mind.

“Jaejoong-ssi, does it somehow crossed on your mind of how it would be like to become a normal human?”

To be come a mortal...? Junsu told me, to think of that is a sinful thing. But... I won’t deny, I do think of it... sometimes? occasionally?

What would it be like... If I turn human even just for a day?

I could meet with _______ anytime and I get to walk on the shores too. I can go to school like mom and dad told me before...

To become a human, there’s so much thing to do. But what can I do? I’m no human... just, a merman.