Hide and Seek, Aliens, and Camping Galore

From the Heart of a Potential Bridezilla

Oh crap.


Crap. Crap. Crappitty crap crap. My life is screwed. I could already imagine the consequences of this all, and it wasn’t pretty. If my parents ever find out, I’d be in a worse situation than I am now. They’d probably send me off to Antarctica to marry some ugly Eskimo instead. Then I’d have to live off of fish and dirty sea water, and I’d have to sleep in an igloo. And one night a huge polar bear or something will come along, maul me and rip my face off, and I’ll die alone with my pet penguin, Flippers. Not that I have a pet penguin, but that’s not the point.

The point is that I’m screwed if I don’t think of something fast.

“Oh my! What are you doing in there, Chanyeol?” Mrs. Park exclaimed. She cupped a hand over her wide gaping mouth so dramatically that under normal circumstances I would’ve rolled my eyes, but the sirens in my head were too busy ringing for me to be sarcastic about this.

“A-about that-”

“Oh, I get it.” No, Mrs. Annoying. You do not get it. Repeat after me, you see nothing. God, or whoever is watching over me, please don’t do this to me. I’ve been good, haven’t I? Okay, don’t answer that. Just please save me. I hate the cold, and I don’t like polar bears all that much.

Mrs. Park shot me a suspicious look, as she tried to assess the situation- her son being tied up in a closet, and me, having a mental panic attack. Her expression suddenly turned into one of those weird lopsided grins.

“You two were playing hide and seek.” She smiled widely. Mr. Stone-face-part-2 nodded his head in understanding.

“No, wait. It’s not like that. I swear-”

Wait. What? Hide and see- Nevermind. Just roll with it, Kimi.

“I mean, of course we were.” I smiled sweetly, “I just seemed to have forgotten that he was still hiding.” I looked over to the confused and panicking boy tied to a chair and then his parents. Hide and seek? Seriously? What kind of 17 year old plays hide and seek? What the heck is wrong with this family? Not that I mind. I think I’m starting to like the parents. After all, it seems like they’ll let me get away with anything.

“Honey!” Mrs. Park smiled like the little ball of sunshine she was. Thank god she’s an idiot. “Look how nicely they get along. See? I knew this was a fantastic idea!”

“Indeed, it was a great idea. I feel like a grandfather already.” You wish, pops. Sorry, but it isn’t going to happen.

“Honey, let’s go get some refreshments now, and then we can continue to sign the papers. Come along now, let’s leave those two to talk for a while.”
I breathed a sigh of relief, and watched patiently until they were out of sight. Then, I rushed over to Chanyeol, and untied him quickly, taking the gag out of his mouth. But afterwards, I kinda wish I kept the gag in there.

He looked up at me with these cute wide eyes.

“How did I even-” Chanyeol started, before I cut him off.

“I’ll explain it all later. It’s kind of a long story, so just don’t worry about it for now, okay? Just play along like it never happened.” I breathed a quick reply, or rather, a lie. It wasn’t a long story, but the longer I stalled, the more time I had to come up with an excuse because right now, I couldn’t think of anything. It felt like my brain was going to have a meltdown. Maybe Antarctica would’ve suited me better.

I pulled him out of the seat, and threw on my show-face as I saw that Mr. and Mrs. Park were approaching. And then I sent a prayer to heaven that the next few awkward moments would pass quickly. Well, apparently God only gives one good deed per person per day because Mrs. Park thought it would be just delightful to run for the next few hours. I swear, that lady is like a machine. She just keeps going. It took all I had to stay awake.

It was around midnight when she finally decided to shut up. Amazingly enough, I was the only one not listening intently, which I did not understand at all. Who wants to listen to that trash anyway? Especially Mr. Creeper (Yes, he has a new nickname). He looks like the type that would rather be writing up his business reports somewhere in a Victorian style library surrounded by statues of lions. Yes, I watch too many movies.

Anyway, after the lady was finally finished, the eager beaver next to me immediately said that we should get to sleep, and dragged me off into some room. I was too tired to really care, but he obviously had other things on his mind.

As soon as we entered the room, he closed the door cautiously behind him, and looked around suspiciously. Chanyeol then opened his mouth to speak.

“Was I abducted by aliens?”

I froze, obviously annoyed. He was either doing one of two things- the first, being annoying and thinking that it was actually funny to urge me to strangle him. The second, being retarded which might make some sense considering that both his parents were just as insane.

“What the fudge? Are you retarded?”

“No. It’s just that-” Creeper Jr. (The son of Mr. Creeper respectively) ran a hand through his hair, and pouted in confusion as he stared up at the ceiling, “You probably didn’t do that. I mean, it’s not that I don’t think you’re capable of doing things like that. Well, maybe a bit. What I mean is that-”

That a normal girl wouldn’t tie up her future husband and lock him up in a closet? Yeah, I know what you mean. Unfortunately, normal isn’t one of those words people associate me with.

“The only explanation that makes sense is the aliens.” Chanyeol sighed in defeat. He glanced up at me, expectantly. I’m guessing he was expecting my excuse/explanation.

I raised an eyebrow at this. He definitely had some mental problems. Aliens? Seriously?

“Actually, the aliens did come, but Santa Claus saved you out of the goodness of his heart. Tying you up in a closet was the only way to hide you from the aliens.”

“Santa Claus?” He questioned, looking confused again. I swear, I’ve seen his confused expression more than anything else today.

“That butler guy.” I answered as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“You mean Mr. Kim?”

“Yeah, sure.”

He pursed his lips, and nodded his head while processing all the information. Eventually, that dorky creepily huge grin appeared on his face again, as if he accepted that excuse as good enough.

“Mr. Kim sure is a good guy. I’ll have to thank him later for saving me from the aliens.”

Wow. Just wow. There are no words to describe this guy’s level of naivety.

“Is that all you wanted to know?” I asked, while yawning, exhausted. The overload of events, shock, and annoyance seemed to be taking a toll on me, as I felt even more tired than usual. Today seemed to hold more excitement than I’d ever felt before in my insignificant boring life, and I didn’t like it. All I wanted now was some sleep.

“I guess.” Chanyeol nodded. He glanced at me, taking note of how tired I was, “Are you sleepy?”

“Mmm.” I hummed in response, nodding as I wiped at my tired eyes, “So where am I supposed to sleep?”

“Here.”

I froze, and looked at him in confusion.

“Can you say that again? I don’t think I heard you right.”

“Here. With me.” He spoke again, tilting his head in confusion when he saw my horrified expression.

What is this? What the heck is this?
“What?”

“Well, you know...we’re going to be married anyway, so-”

And that was when I tuned him out before I heard anything else that would make me puke. No freakin’ way. If this guy actually thinks that I’m going to sleep here, then he’s clearly mistaken. I’d rather strangle myself with a gummy rope or listen to his mother speak about turtle skin for 25 years than sleep with him. Even if it was the innocent kind of sleeping.

I walked over to him, grabbed one of the pillows and one of the blankets off the bed, and headed back to the door.

“Where are you going?” He asked curiously. Oh, this innocent naive little fellow actually thought I was going to stay here. How funny.

“To sleep outside.”


AUTHOR'S NOTE: I keep promising myself to study, not write, but I wrote this up during class, so that's my excuse of the day. Anyway, this chapter is quick and kind of choppy and random. I guess my emotions affect how I write each day. That day I must have been feeling random. My one concern here is that I really hope Kimi's thought narration parts aren't getting repetitive. I hope the sarcasm isn't too thick either. Hopefully throughout the story it'll lessen a bit as she changes. Anyway, that's enough of my useless rambling. Thank all you 20 subscribers out there, even the lurkers. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and all be back with more when my exams finish up this Friday.