Shore Leave and The Rookie (1)

17th Squadron

 

2 Weeks Later

3rd Person P.O.V

“I have never been more happy to get off that damn boat.” TOP, Daesung and Jiyong walked downtown, checking out the bars and pubs they’d be in later that night.

“TOP, you say that every time we get shore leave.”  Daesung winked at a girl walking past them, who then blushed and turned her eyes downward.

“He’s never been wrong so far though. I have never been gladder to get off Chela’. “ The ship’s name was the U.S.S Chelania, named after the Spanish wife of a previous SecNav (Secretary of the Navy). Jiyong stretched out his broad shoulders, “And I have never been so glad to get out of uniform.”

“And when you start thinking ‘bout your squad mates as eye candy you know you’re in trouble.” TOP voiced what they were all thinking; it had been seriously difficult to hide what was happening from the girls these past two weeks. Luckily enough they were now on shore leave and had free rein. Very lucky that all three boys hadn’t been caught so far, watching the girls and not being able to touch them.

Bom especially, being a very huggy, lovey, touchy person was very hard to avoid. Not too bad for the rest of the boys, who had known Bom since they were all Navy brats on base, and could only see her as that umma or noona figure. However in TOP’s case, coming from a different base and not meeting Bom till fighter pilot ‘finishing’ school. That’s when she broke up with her long time boyfriend Jaejoong, was teary for three days, ate four tubs of Nutella, one can of Milo, ran a total of 55km, threw 25 knives that hit a picture of Jaejoong in the face and beat two punching bags into none existence.

Not exactly a happy, broken up, chappie.

Anyway when TOP met her, her ex-boyfriend had just tried to steal half her stuff when he picked his up from their once shared apartment. Bom couldn’t beat the dude up; she still thought they had a chance, everyone else however had seen this coming from a mile away. The dude was mean and abusive to Bom, didn’t care for her friends and had told her ‘women couldn’t fly fighter planes, that’s a man’s job’.

TOP was the one she called when went down and the guy never bothered Bom again.

“I know were we’re going tonight.” The smile on Daesung’s face was obvious. “That little spot on the corner.” Daesung’s ‘little spot on the corner’ was one of the biggest clubs in town and tonight, would be full of girls, knowing the Navy boys were in town and looking for a good night out. There’d be guys out as well, not as many but definitely some, waiting for the flyers disappointed extras and giving them a ‘ride home’.

“Do you reckon Dara and Bom ‘d be up for it?” At this point they had walked over to the club and Daesung was reading the bands and DJ’s on tonight.

“, you realize we have that rookie, Seung- what it’s. There’s no way in hell Key’s gonna let us out tonight.” TOP smacked his forehead in remembrance.

“And screw whatever plans we had to hell for this leave. Damn rookie.” Jiyong ground his teeth and spat. “Better head back, and prep ourselves for this up himself idiot who thinks cause he made it through fighter school with some nice marks, he’ll have a place here.”

“You do realize that was my impression of you, when I first met you.” The boy’s heads all snapped up, looking at each other and thinking ‘how much did they hear’.

Dara had her finger running down the DJ list, and continued to talk. “You were and up yourself little ‘girls come and get me’, I’m a epic fighter pilot.” She laughed, “I’d like to think me almost breaking your nose brought you down a few steps.”

Jiyong went into a state of denial, “No I’m pretty sure I wasn’t as bad as this kid. I have morals after all. Not many, and most of them concern women, but some.”

“Most? You obviously mean all G.D.” TOP would use any chance he got to get in a quip about his best mate.

The ringing of a phone interrupted them. Daesung reached back and pulled his phone out of his back pocket, “Ah, it’s Taeyang, should I answer?”

“Probably something to do with the rookie, so no.”

“But if it’s about the rookie, Key’s probably there, so answer it.”

“But if we ignore it, we can say we didn’t hear it.”

“Key will painfully kill us all if we aren’t there when the rookie arrives.”

“Answer it Dae. We can let these two argue later.” Bom always the sensible one looked at the arguing Jiyong and Dara. Daesung flipped open the phone, “Yes, sir. We can return to the ship. Right away sir. Oh, Key’s not there. Ok, we’ll run- tell him we were, um..” Daesung looked at Bom with a pleading look. She hissed, “Gym.”

“In the gym. See you soon Taeyang.” Daesung flipped his phone shut to end the call. “We need to move, now. Key’s got the rookie and he’s looking for us.” He called over to Jiyong and Dara, still arguing and now noses almost touching as they traded opinions on something completed unrelated to the previous argument. “Move, you two. Key’s got the rookie and he wants us. Now.”

“Race you back?” Dara looked at Jiyong, previous discussion forgotten.

“You’re on. Go!” The two tore off in perfect synch.

TOP sighed and started to jog back down the street, Daesung and Bom shrugged and followed him.

 

Major apologies for not updating on the weekend, I had a disagreement with a friend and went camping,  therefore no internet. 

Comments are LOVE <3

Lioness Out.