Way Too Long

17th Squadron

 

2 weeks later

3rd person POV

‘Smack’, ‘splat’, ‘smack’. “Damn stop bloody moving G.” Dara humphed as she hit the punching pad Jiyong was holding.

“Well, stop hitting it so hard. My hands are staring to hurt.” Jiyong pulled an aegyo face. “Don’t I look like a sweet little puppy?”

Dara stopped beating the pad. “No actually, you look like a sook that can’t take a decent hit. I bet you never complain when your hands hurt from hours at the controls.”

“That’s because I’M FLYING! You know that’s different.”

 

It’s true, flying for these people is not a wish, it’s a reality. They are trained so much, but in the end it’s instinct, gut feeling and the ‘feel’ of the situation and their precious planes.

 

Dara laughed, “True as always. I’m done anyway, up for a movie tonight?” She stripped off her gloves and wiped the sweat on her forehead. She plopped down on the floor to stretch out her muscles. Jiyong sat next to her,

“What movie? Please not one of those awful chick flicks you and Bom seem to love.” He watched the muscles in her back flow over her bones as she put her foot out straight and stretched until her head rested on her knee. The crop top and gym tights she was wearing showed off a lot of tanned skin and her defined muscles from many hours beating him in the gym. Dara’s voice snapped him back from his daydream. “You do realize I hate those chick flicks right? I watch them for Bom and because it is hilarious watching Dae and TOP complain about how much they hate them then sit there and cry when the two mains don’t get together.”

“I know, it’s priceless hey. I’m up for a dirty, backhanded crime film, with some nice cars and girls in skimpy clothing. Only two weeks to go till shore leave. I am gonna get myself good and drunk then find a different good-looking girl for every night in port.” Jiyong walked with Dara over to the door. “Yes, but the problem is we get our rookie when we head into port. What’s his name…. Seungri something? And you are such a man sometimes.” Dara shook her head as she walked down the hall and turned left towards the female quarters.

“Movie at 6?” Jiyong turned stood for a moment and watched Dara walk, hips and bottom shaking with every step. He mumbled to himself.  “Damn, I have been on this boat way too long if I’m think bout Dara like that.”

“Thinking bout Dara like what?” A deep voice questioned from behind Jiyong. He jumped.

“What the hell TOP, you sneaky SOB.” Jiyong turned to see a smirking TOP behind him.

“I’m not sneaky you just happen to walk very loudly, and so I repeat my question; thinking bout Dara like what?” TOP was headed to where Jiyong and Dara had just been, seeing he was wearing gym gear.

“Like she was a shore girl. And I did not just say that and I will vehemently deny it if you ever mention it again.” Jiyong tried to fix his slip of the tongue; unfortunately TOP was having none of it.

“Ji, seriously think here for a minute. Dara is not a shore girl, you obviously have some serious hormones. Wow, Bom is smoking. , we’ve both been on this boat wayyy too long.” TOP’s eyes had turned from Jiyong’s woman attracting body to the figure of Bom, head still unseen inside the doorway, but body in a crop top and gym tights leaning oh so seductively on the door’s edge. She obviously didn’t realize it, but the very male brains of TOP, Jiyong and now Daesung, who had also appeared from the male quarters, were watching her shift her weight from foot to foot and adjust her top.

“Ok, you all seem very distracted.” Taeyang had managed to appear from round a corner. “I now see why. Bom, get off the door edge and head to the gym. You three…” Taeyang saw some very disappointed boys watching Bom walk past them with a smile and a wave. “Need cold showers right now.”

“Taeyang, you really didn’t have to do that, we know the rules, we were merely admiring Bom’s, um, level of fitness.” Daesung tried to put a rational term on what they had been doing. Taeyang grabbed TOP’s collar, who had unsuccessfully tried to sneak past him.

“Showers, now. I am your commanding officer.”

“Yes sir.” Jiyong smirked and gave a sarcastic salute. “Cold showers sir.”

The boys trooped into their quarters and headed for the showers.

“Anyone else have the feeling that the rookie is gonna be worse than us? Did you see the face he pulled on that shot Taeyang showed us. I give it four days. Any other bets?”

TOP removed his American eagles ’94 shirt.

“Bet’s on what?” Daesung had been the squad’s last rookie.

“Bet’s on how long till he makes a move and Dara and Bom beat the out of him.” Jiyong laughed as he stripped down and headed for the showers.

“You were quite surprising, took, what, a month and a half. Ji, lost money on that one.” TOP followed Jiyong to the showers.

“You bet on him making a move within a few days. I say a week; the warning being shoved down your throat by Kibum should have worn off by then.” Daesung was into it now, “20, on a week.”

“You’re going to lose your money Dae, I give this guy fifteen minutes.” Taeyang looked up from his book. “I also say he won’t be too happy Bom and Dara beat him. TOP, Jiyong, I’ll turn a blind eye if he takes it too far for the girls to handle. Understood?” 

 

Yay me! I updated! If anyone can guess how long it takes Seungri to make a move and is correct, I'll give them a place in my next chapter. *lol, 'shore girls'*