Tricks

17th Squadron

 

Later that week

 

“Alright squadron, move out. Let’s get these planes in the sky and have a look around.” Taeyang’s voice bellowed through the changing room. The squad was on their first combatant territory flight for this mission and Seungri was having a nervy b. Everyone else was calm as could be. This wasn’t the first time the rest had gone into battle formation but they weren’t particularly happy about in none the less.

“Seungri. You need to calm down, this is just a recon flight, we’re checking perimeters and how fast they can put their planes into action. Nothing’s going to go wrong.” Bom mothered everyone in the squad but recently Seungri had become her baby. Daesung was the reassuring father figure that took charge easily with or without Taeyang.

“I know, I’m just,” Seungri paused, “freaking out.” Most of the squad was dressed at this point or zipping up flight suits but Jiyong had snuck up behind Dara and managed to, through her flight suit, unclick the back of her bra. The rest of the squad watched in anticipation for the outburst they knew was coming. To their disappointment Dara merely turned and gave Jiyong a look that could melt steel. He humbly ducked his head, motioned for her to turn back around and fixed it for her, all through her flight suit. The look on Daesung ad Seungri’s faces was priceless, as they were the only ones who hadn’t seen the trick before.

“You need to teach me how to do that.” Daesung said and Seungri echoed.

“It’s really not that hard. Taeyang taught me in about five minutes when we were eleven. You just need someone to practise on and Taeyang’s sister happened to be the perfect target.” Jiyong spoke with a smile. “Then again Taeyang’s sister also taught me how to put someone in a headlock properly so perhaps she wasn’t the perfect target.”

Seungri and Daesung turned to look at Taeyang, shocked that their ‘always proper’ leader would perform acts of mischief to that degree.

“You pick things up on base.” Taeyang said with a shrug. “But you’re wondering why I’m such a ‘prim and proper’ now.”

“Cho Hee.” Bom, Dara, TOP and Jiyong answered for him.  Cho Hee was Taeyang’s fiancé and her family was very strict on everything. The pair had dated secretly for almost four years before her parents finally accepted that she was either going to marry Taeyang with or without their permission. They finally relented and they were set to be married the next time Taeyang came off rotation.

“She’s my fiancé and her parents are pretty strict. In fact they don’t let Jiyong in their house anymore. After the incident.” Taeyang opened his locked to reveal a picture of a smiling girl with Taeyang’s arm around her, they were both pulling the puffed out cheeks and peace sign face and laughing.

“She’s really pretty.” Daesung commented. Seungri nodded in agreement

“Thanks.” Taeyang blushed.

“We have a problem.” Key walked into the locker room with an underling balancing files and talking into a radio. “We have just received word that the Iraqi navy is trying to make a move on the target. We need you guys up half and hour ago. Get in those planes and let the Iraqi’s know we have eyes on them. I want air support for the ships we have moving in now. I’m sending up three Hellcats with you, one Sky Master and some of the Sparrowhawks if this isn’t sorted with the hour. Now get moving!” The group had frozen, realizing that what originally had been planned as rather a ‘safe’ mission was changing rapidly and they could be heading straight up into a firefight.  Taeyang began to modify the original plans.

“Ok. New plan, change formation to number 7. I want the daragon and TOPbom pairs. Seungri would you rather fly with me or one of the Hellcats? Don’t worry actually. Seungri, Daesung and me will fly fighter 3 positions. Everyone good. Ok move out.” The squad absorbed this information quickly, grabbed helmets from lockers and started to run up the single flight of stairs to the flight deck. Key followed them walking quickly and informing the flight crew via radio to move to offense/defence positions. This meant that they could put up one plane every minute and bring one plane down every few minutes.

“17th Squadron go!” The squad broke a circle of stacked fists and headed towards their separate planes, recently brought up from the ‘garage’ below decks. One by one their planes were loaded onto catapults and accelerated off the edge of the carrier and into the blue sky. Once up the group moved into position. Nighthawk in front with Freefall and Tiger paired behind him. Next was the brilliant combination of Wildcat’s dogfighting skills and Eagle’s ability to hit targets at long range. Behind them, sitting at the back of the formation was G.Dragon and Angel, their unique version of dogfighting cross ‘chasies’ giving them an advantage over less skilled pilots. The singular fact that these two had known each other since they were born made them formidable opponents; they knew the moves that the other was going to make before they made them. No talking was necessary.

The jets screamed through the sky, followed by the three fighters from Hellcats squadron and the single Sky Master, used for electronic warfare. The Sky Master, nicknamed ‘Bobbles’ and piloted by Ryeowook (call sign Chocolate), would be protected by the Hellcats while the Black Wings would tackle any other fighters coming at them.

Almost 300 klicks out from the carrier was the distressed ship, the one reason for this whole battle formation. This ship was the Navy’s newest baby, equipped with the latest technology that they really didn’t want anyone else getting a hold of. Including their allies, like Iraq or Iran.

I know this is a really short chapter. Sorry about that :(. The trick Jiyong does in here I've had done to me quite a few times. I'll be updating like crazy these holidays, so enjoy.

PLEASE COMMENT!

 

COMPETITION- Guess who gets shot down in Chapter 7's teaser? Comment your answer, get it correct and I'll feature your bias somewhere as a pilot.