Chapter 6

To Learn or To Let Go

 

 At Jung’s Residence Dining Room

It’s a bit tense here at one of the biggest mansion around the neighborhood that happens to be known as one of Seoul’s elite residential areas, basically since what happened yesterday, between the Master of the mansion Mr. Jung and his youngest daughter Krystal Jung.

And the tension remained until the next morning.

Mr. Jung didn’t say a single word after he ordered butler Han to return his daughter belongings, while Krystal left the house to go back to her apartment soon after that. The Kwon’s knowing that there’s nothing they could do once Mr. Jung and Krystal start to showed their stubborn nature, decide to call it a day, back to their own respective house, which left Mrs. Jung, on her own, stuck between whether she should support her husband who didn’t want their daughter to be with someone he didn’t agree --no matter how ridiculous the reasons are, deep down, Mrs. Jung know, her husband just want the best for their daughter-- or, on the other way, decide to support her daughter who wants to be with the man she wants, not caring about Mr. Jung disapproval.

Usually, Mr. Jung always listened to his wife, no matter what. Always. Mrs. Jung always knew how to change her husband mind and usually, he always giving in. But there were also times where she didn’t dare to interfere on some decision on a certain thing that he already made. And one of it is this. When he made a decision which according to him is for the sake of his family concerns, because she knows how much valuable family means, for him.

And now, she’s been contemplating on whether she confronts her husband or not about the matter that had haunted her mind since yesterday.

A ringing sound awakes Mrs. Jung up from her thoughts. Not long after that, the ringing sound stopped, and Butler Han walked towards the dining table where Mr. and Mrs. Jung are enjoying their breakfast.

“Excuse me sir, a phone call from Mr. Park” Butler Han said and without saying any word, Mr. Jung take the phone from butler Hand, and do nothing but listen to the words from Mr. Park, one of his employee on the other line.

It’s been a few minute already until finally he said something “Thank you, I’ll let you know if there’s any change about this matter” in a flat tone but somehow, intimidating for anyone who listen to him directly, before he hung up and hand the phone back to Butler Han.

“I’m going” is the next word Mr. Jung said for the whole morning.

“But you haven’t finished your breakfast yet” is the first thing Mrs. Jung noticed right away after her husband stand up from his chair.

“I’m not hungry” he is about to walk away when Mrs. Jung stopped him with a sudden question

“What will you do to Soojung?” she asked worriedly, but he didn’t say anything, he just looked at her, kissed her forehead like he always did, which never failed to make her blushed, give her a simple smile, then walked away. Very random isn’t it? No one knows what’s the meaning of it, and “Ish!” would be the only word Mrs. Jung could say after that.

--

At SMent Office Building

“Krystal!” a petite girl with a definitely loud voice shouts as soon as the princess walks into the building elegantly and arrogantly.

“Great, first I lost my ability to shopped unlimitedly, now I’m going to lose my hearings too!” she mumbled angrily to herself before she took off her shades.

“Where have you been?!” again with her loud voice and exciting tone

“Not now!” Krystal said while massaging her temples.

“Did you go on a romantic and secret date with a certain hot and smoking rapper?” she mischievously grinned to a very cold and annoyed Krystal. Clueless, or rather, oblivious on what would happened to her next if she keeps pressing on the ice princess ‘alert’ button, but somehow, make Krystal realized on something that slipped out from her mind since she’s been dragged by her father’s men that early morning.

“Minho..” she said slowly

“Speaking of the devil, there he is” and there he is, standing with his training suite, perhaps been practicing until he heard someone shouts Krystal name.

“Krys..” But before he could even take a single step closer to Krystal, some men with black suits and black sunglasses suddenly appear from everywhere to stand around Krystal where two among them, with the biggest body, stand side by side in front of Minho, towering him and looking at him like they could just crushed him in one pinch or, literally make him fly away to the other side of the room with a single flick. Nervously gulping down his saliva is the only thing that our so called rapper can do.

“YAH!! What the heck are all of you monkey think you are doing?! Are you trying to suffocate me or something?! YAH!”

--

At Jung’s Tower

Mr. Jung doesn’t look happy. He had spent some of his time to check on some files that are now spreading over his desk. But still, from the expression on his face, he hasn’t found what he’s looking for.

With a simple thud, he put down the last file, then let out a heavy sighed. He reach the phone on his desk to dial on a number that can connect him to his secretary outside his office room And before his secretary greet him, he already start talking with a slight trace of frustration and annoyed in his tone.

“Did Mr. Song leave any other file to you that you forgot to hand it over to me or maybe he told you that he will submit more after he returned from his meeting schedule outside?”

“No sir, Mr. Song just asked me to hand over the file you asked, and I've put all of the files on your desk, immediately after Mr. Song handed it to me this morning before you arrived” his secretary steady voice can be heard through the speakerphone that he set on, just like how the way Mr. Jung would want from his employees.

But somehow, at this time, he kind of hope that his secretary would give him another answer, that there will be more of these files that he has been rummaging since he arrived at the office.

“You sure?”

“Yes sir”

“Okay, thank you, please proceed, but could you please left a message to Mr. Song’s secretary that I want to meet him soon after he’s back?”

“Yes sir, I’ll do it right away”

“Thank you” he shut off the speaker phone, cutting off the line, then leaned his back to his chair, and once again let out a heavy sigh.

He took one of the files on his desk, and check in once again. He already checked it and it actually the only one that meets his expectations. The file contains some data about a young man, who from his bio, is a son of a Chinese officials and businessman, which also Mr. Jung’s business colleagues.

The age is 24, a graduate of one of the leading business schools in the United States, and now heads one of his father's company there. A good looking guy, physically based on some of the picture shots that secretly taken. Until he reads some of the young man history of relationship, which actually not so bad.

Never cheated, treats his girls really well, serious when it comes to relationship, always obeyed all of his girlfriend words,  to the extent of believing even though obviously he’s being lied on, tricked and when he knows the truth, rather than became angry, he cried instead, even if its in front of the public, begging her to stay with him. The worst thing is, he did it to almost all of his ex-girlfriend. And he even fainted due to the heartbreaks if he didn’t cry.

“Aish! How would I expect a man like this to change my daughter’s bad attitude?! I need someone who can approach her then brave enough to fight against her stubbornness, selfishness and childishness, turning her back to her old cheerful, friendly and fun to be with.. My dear little angel..” Mr. Jung said to himself.. “At least to make her lose a bit of her ego and stop demeaning people like she does now” then heavily sighed again “Am I being too paranoid to be worried that something bad could happen to her as the result of her own arrogant attitude?”

A too paranoid father?

Or not?

--

Back to SMEnt Building, At One of The Meeting Room

“WHAT?!” Krystal roared right after one of the black suited men told her that they were ordered by her father to become her personal bodyguard, especially to guard her away from Minho

“And what if I refused?!” she asked furiously.

“There will be two consequences Ms. Jung” he said steadily but with his sweat streaming down, trying to act cool “We will have to take away the credit cards you have in your hand, and..”

“Heh, that old men really underestimating me isn’t he?” Krystal mockingly smirked “And?” he didn’t straightly answer it, and she could feel him hesitating “And?” she asked him once again, this time, the smirk slowly disappeared.

He gulped and say “It will be either you or Minho-ssi career” carefully.

Krystal obviously doesn’t like the idea. One thing for sure, she doesn’t go this long, fighting against her own father if she doesn’t love what she’s doing right now, become an actress, entertainer, idol or whatever people likes to call her professions. But believe it or not, deep inside the little ice princess heart, its not about her she’s suddenly feel worried about, but someone else, goes by the name of Choi Minho.

For her, life would be just fine if she decided to stopped pursuing her career, because she’s doing it partly for fun and partly to annoyed her father, but for Minho, its his life, his future. Knowing him long enough, Krystal knew that music always been Minho’s life, on the stage, performing, is what he always wanted to do. And he struggled a lot to be where he is right now, being a trainee for more than 9 years, sacrificing his childhood and his teenage life just to practice and fixing on where he’s lacking on. All of that for one dream, so he could give his mother and little brother, a better life from being an idol.

He is on his way now, and no matter how much selfish, arrogant and bratty she is, Krystal doesn’t have a heart to let bad things happen to Minho, she would never let bad things happened to him.

And it took awhile for Krystal to realized that Luna, her manager, already take a sit next to her “Soojung-ah are you okay?” she asked

Krystal looked at her for a moment, not sure.

“Your bodyguard been asking for your permission to guard you outside, but it seems that you’re spacing out, so I told him to go do his job, if you don’t mind”

“Its okay, whatever” Krystal said still with some things clouding on her thoughts, until she noticed a bouquet of flower lay down on the desk in front of Luna.

Amused, she ask “You have fans now? I guess being my manager does have a good advantage for you, especially on your popularity level isn’t it?” she smirked

“A little fix on your hairstyle, take off that glass and wear contacts already, throw away that hideous colorful braces that makes you look more like a fool than a trendy person, and of course, your clothes..” she scrunched her face, very disagree “Total change, but fixable, all of that except one, your heights”

“Yah! Its not for me, its for you” Luna said look doesn’t care on everything Krystal said to her, because after giving it to Krystal she start to fan girling over the one who sent it the flowers.

“Read the message read it read, its from Minho, definitely! Isn’t he sweet? He’s just a room away and sent you this? Aw.. You’re so lucky Krystal” and so on.. Luna keeps on talking, can't stop to give praise on Minho’s sweet action and everything about how lucky Krystal is, while Krystal looking at the flowers. She’s not really a big fan of flowers, but like any other girl, she’s happy to received it, and honestly feel touched by it, especially after she read a little message that been hidden inside the bouquet.

“I will never give up”

She’s really happy, Minho is willing to fight for her, so for the first time after few chapters.. Eh.. I mean for the first time, after all of the things she’s been through these past few days, Krystal brightly smiled.

Love?

Who knows?

“Yes Park Luna here”

Luna’s voice as she answered her phone turns Krystal’s attention from her thoughts about Minho. Her face that turns serious makes Krystal’s wonder on what it is about. And when Luna took a glance on Krys, she realized, it must have been something to do with her, and she doubt it would be a good thing.

 

--

A/N: thanks for those who still read this and enjoy it, and sorry for being a super forgetful writer, i honestly forgot my password and then there comes work, and as for this story, i lost my file so i need to build the feel and find ways to write it all over again in my mind, so here it is, i'll try to write more once i have a little bit more free time. Hope you'll enjoy this one, sorry for any grammar errors, if you have something to ask about the story, dont be hesitated,i'll try to answer the best i could ^___^ thanks for the comments, gives me more spirit!. Thats all for today, LDW out!