Cause and Effect II

To Learn or To Let Go

 

Mrs. Jung knew something wrong is happening soon after Butler Han knocked the master bedroom when it was only 2 in the morning. He asked for a permission to talk to her husband, about info from one of their guards. But before she had a chance to ask Mr. Jung, he already left, along with Butler Han and the guard who reported to him earlier, and when she asked the housemaids, she finally finds out about what’s wrong, her younger daughter, foolishly planning and trying to run away, with a guy who’s obviously hated by her father. An instant headaches, is what she suddenly feels soon after she heard about it, and sitting on their library room is the only thing she could do, while waiting for whatever happens soon.

Flashback

“What is this?” Mrs. Jung ask her husband while she was arranging files from Mr. Jung’s briefcase to be placed neatly on his working desk in his home office, which is right next to their bedroom, connected by a large door, so he could easily checked it when he’ll start working again, usually after taking a bath and having dinner.

“Ah, files about some Asian most respected families childrens” he said casually while taking off his tie, then drank a glass of water that already prepared by his wife.

“And what is this all about?” ask Mrs. Jung while looking at some of the files contains in suspicion

“Soojung’s potential husbands list”

“Alfred!”

“Now, now dear, don’t be angry just yet, let me explain it first okay?”sensing that his wife start to feel annoyed at him

“Then explain!” she said while shooting her husband with her icy glare, completely dislike with what she think he’s doing

“I was, planning to have a set up marriage for Soojung with one of our partners or clients son, BUT” he said quickly, after he see a potential that his wife will blow up soon

“I’ve been thinking about what you told me this morning, about our past, especially about me and your appa relationship. I know he didn’t like me before, heck she would like to slice me and made a sashimi out of me, because he terribly hates me, and hated me more when he knew about us. And I have to admit, that it was because of me, that we didn’t have a smooth start between us two. He didn’t even believed me when I said to him, that I love and wants to marry his daughter, just because..”

“Because you thought he was our gardener the first time you came into our house and the fact that you spoke informally to him, even though he’s far away older than you, made him think that..”

“If I couldn’t even respect older people, no matter what their status in societies are, I would probably not able to appreciate other people on my age, let alone younger, like you whom I want to make you as my wife, because I will always feel I’m more superior than anyone, a typical spoiled rich brat I am, yes dear I know.. But how would I know if a former general, ambassadors, and ministers of defense for three consecutive years, didn’t have anyone to be their personal gardener? And as you said, its my first time visit”

“So is he, when he first met us” Mr. Jung didn’t say a word for what his wife just said then she hold his hands and he holds it back

“Maybe he was just nervous, you know nervous people tend to do things that usually come out differently with what they think. You cant expect everyone to be perfect in their first meeting with you dear, plus this young man, loves our daughter and wants to marry her, I bet his nervous level would be extremely high the time he realized that he was about to meet Krystal’s parents, especially you, her father”

“I know dear, that’s why, I already made a decision about this matter” he said while looking at her lovely wife and her wife looking back at him with a loving gaze and a simple sweet smile that melt his heart since many years ago, until now

“Yes, I will give him another chance. I will let him convince me that he is worth it enough to have my daughter as his wife, I will even let aside the fact about him as a hairy monkey”

“Alfred” she smacked her husband shoulder playfully and he chuckled

“I will, give him a chance Monica” finally he put his guards down, and it makes his wife really happy, and happy enough to give him a peck on his lips, and a sincere

“I’m proud of you dear” caressing her husband cheek lovingly “But you are stink, go take a bath!”while pinching his cheek, hard. It hurt, but he laughed at her wife antics, a bipolar he always said, but cute.

“As long as he won’t make a foolish decision like planning to run away with her and elope. If he ever make that coward move, then he will be a history, a glitch on a system that should be forgotten, and never been considered to be exist in our daughters life” he said while walking away to their bathroom and his wife just smiled on his childish antics and protectiveness when it comes about their daughters.

End of Flashback

Little that they know, it happens, few hours after he said that.

--

In a hospital ward

A young female doctor and two of the hospital nurse are checking the condition of a patient who’s lying on the bed motionlessly, while from outside of the room a young man, could only watch them from a big thick glasses that has been installed so that the family members or relatives of the patients in a coma, could see them, even from far away.

“How is she?” a young man asked the doctor who’re just finished checking on the patient soon after she walks out

“There are no new developments so far, but everything is normal, nothing dangerous, steady heartbeat, steady breathing, her brain waves is rather slow than the last check but it’s nothing to be worried about, me and the nurse will keep checking on her every 30 minutes, so don’t be too worry about her” she smiles at him who looks at the girl who lays inside the hospital ward alone “Hey, don’t be sad, she’s doing well” she hold his arm

He scoffed “If she is, then why is she still in there? Lay motionlessly on that bed, instead of being around me, annoying me with her constant whine or teasing me about how stupid I am around girls?” he is frustrated.

For 4 years long, he hopes and waits for a miracle. He wants, no, he needs more than just ‘everything is normal’. His sister is in there, attached with so many wires, lay motionlessly on bed, ‘sleeping’ since that night where she had an accident, along with their parents who failed to be rescued.

“I’m tired” he said slowly while she can only looked at him, concern, trying to make him feel better by rubbing his back, which she really know, that that, is not really something he needs “I miss her.. I miss my baby sister..” and without being able to take it any longer, he cried in her arms, his sisters doctor.

--

Back to Jung’s Residence

There’s a fuming mad Mr. Jung sitting on his home office desk. Looking straightly to his youngest daughter, who doesn’t have enough courage to meet her father’s gaze. Not even a single words dare to be said for the last hour. Mr. Jung is really upset and angry that even Mrs. Jung doesn’t dare to approach him.

She is worried on what will happen next especially on what would her husband do to Krystal, since he never been this mad before, ever. Especially to his precious daughters. He is a very caring and loving father. But after the early in the morning event, Mr. Jung seems to be dare enough to throw their youngest daughter away from South Korea probably to a very isolated village and grounded her much longer there than before and knowing her daughter, it will be over her dead body. To be short, everyone can imagine HellNica, HellSica and HellSoojung, but no one can imagine what happens when it’s time for HellFred, no one dare, because after all, he is the head of the Jung’s, the Ice King, himself.

“Mom” she woke up from her imagination to see her eldest daughter Jessica along with her husband their 2 year old son who sleeps in Jessica’s arm, entering the library which is in front of Mr. Jung’s home office room

“Jessi, Yul” she greet her daughter and son in law with a light hug and a peck on her grandsons forehead

“Sorry we couldn’t get here faster mom, my duty time just end around 6 am” Yul said, look worried while taking a seat right next to his wife who sits right next to Mrs. Jung

“It’s okay, I understand” Mrs. Jung said while caressing her grandson hair

“What happen? Butler Han called us and saying about Krystal was trying to run away and elope?” Jessica asked in disbelieve tone “We thought he was joking, until we remember that, he never tells a joke”

Mrs. Jung letting out a heavy sigh, and is about to tell her eldest daughter and son in law about what happen until suddenly..

“WHAT?!”

“YOU HEARD ME WELL YOUNG LADY!”

Mr. Jung and Krystal, once again yelled at each other and it shocked the youngest member of the family, who immediately cried because he was awake by the sounds of people screaming their lungs out

“I’m going to take Yoong to your room” said Yul who straightly walking out fast to calm down his son, partly realized that The Jung’s will have a family matter to be done soon after this, but even though he is now a part of the family, he decide not to get involve before he’s being asked to.

Mrs. Jung and Jessica entering Mr. Jung’s home office just to find a fierce battle of screaming between a father and a daughter

“I AM NOT GOING TO FOLLOW YOUR RIDICULOUS PLAN!”

“YOU WANT TO GET MARRIED, SO I’M GIVING YOU A GOOD CHANCE AND YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION BECAUSE I AM NOT PROVIDING YOU WITH ANY!!!”

“I DON’T ASK FOR ANOTHER OPTION, I WILL KEEP SAYING NO!”

“YES!”

“NEVER”

“I SAID YES YOU ARE GOING TO DO AS I SAID!”

“Mom..” Jessica is scared

Mrs. Jung can’t say anything, but she feels that she knows where would this going

“NO I WILL NOT MARRY ONE OF YOUR BUSINESS PARTNERS OR CLIENTS SON BECAUSE I AM NOT A PART OF YOUR BUSINESS DEAL, I AM YOUR DAUGHTER FOR GOD SAKE, WHY CANT YOU JUST TRUST ME WHEN I SAID I WILL BE JUST FINE WITH MINHO?!”

“BECAUSE I WILL NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN, NOT WHEN I AM STILL ALIVE AND BREATHING!”

“THEN I WILL NEVER AGREE TO YOUR PLAN EVER, NOT WHEN I AM STILL ALIVE AND BREATHING!

“YOU ARE AND YOU WILL MARRY THE ONE I CHOSE! Or I will cross out your name from the list of my heirs!”

“WHAT?!” and this one, is actually Jessica’s

--

A/N: So we welcomed A.J Liu. ^___^ a little though, kukukuku, and as you already read it, finally i decide to make Amber here, a guy. Apolgize if i made anyone dissapointed because of this, but to be honest, i have no intention to offend anyone, especially the characters i'm using here in this lousy story of mine, because some of them are really exist, such as Amber herself. This is only to fit the storyline i have in mind about this fic.

Please feel free to read, advice and criticize, i hope you could enjoy reading it and hopefuly liking it, because it will makes me feel really happy, hehe, anyway, enough for today. the Lousy and Desperate Writer out! 

PS: its really easy to follow right? can anyone read my mind? ^___^ ... please dont kill me .___.