Just passed away

Innocently

Sunny's POV

We're now sitting at the bricks of the bridge after the incident a while ago. My heart won't stop beating after that incident. If this continues then my heart will grow weaker. This is worse than an athlete running around for 6 hours without a bottle of water since I'm also burning up. But I have thought for a while when we were being close to each other... should I trust him?

"So.. why were you crying?", he asked. My heart stopped when I heard his gentle voice. He must be pleading me to answer that question because I have not been answering him honestly. It doesn't look like we're friends enough that we're doubting each other.

"Kyumin.. just passed away this morning..," Sungmin's eyes popped out of its sockets as he leaned closer to the full story, "The last time you left, I didn't pay attention to Kyumin at all. Even if I was outside, I didn't notice that Kyumin wanted my attention while I was thinking of... something else..", she continued when she remembered that she was thinking if she could trust Sungmin.

"I didn't know that he was beginning to get sick when I wasn't paying attention to him. As soon as I woke up this morning, his breath stopped just in time when I saw him lying lifelessly in front of the door. I can't forgive myself that I didn't took care of him. He was so young and he died because of me!", I cried.

Sungmin muttered something that caught my attention. "What?", I choked. "Uhmm... when I saw your father earlier at the park, is it somewhat connected to Kyumin..?"

My breath began to stop as I remember dad carrying Kyumin's coffin to the park. What dad didn't know was that I collapsed right after he was out of sight and stayed home, unconcious. I thought it was the time I was going with Kyumin also.

I nodded to him as I stared at the ground with disbelief when my heart fluttered as I felt him patting my back like there was an angel beside me.

Sungmin's POV

Poor Sunny. I know how it feels when your only pet suddenly died. But I was wondering, what was the thought that kept her attention from Kyumin?

Suddenly, my phone rang and as I checked the caller ID, it was my uncle. I took a glance at Sunny as I stared at my phone again until she spoke. "Kwaenchanha. I don't want you to get in trouble.", she made a soft smile.

I gave her an are-you-sure look and she nodded in response. I whispered to her ear with a smile before making my leave. "Don't worry. I'm sure he forgives you from up there."