Sungmin

Innocently

"Why are you always sad when you're here on this swing?", the voice asked.

 

Sunny doesn't like to talk to strangers but hearing his young and gentle voice, she won't leave without a response just because she doesn't know him.

 

"I always let out my sadness here. It makes me a bit better.", she replied with a small smile. She still can't see the boy though.

 

"Did something happen?", he asked as he took a seat beside her.

 

Sunny let out a soft gasp as he gaze at the boy's face. Those heartful eyes.. his charming smile.. his gentle voice.. a creation like him she's been able to meet.

 

"N-Not at all..", she stuttered as she looked away. The young girl cannot seem to stop blushing from looking at the young man in her age's face.

 

"Are you sure? Are you shy that you can't talk to me? Or is it because I'm too handsome?", he joked with a grin.

 

"He can read my thoughts?? Is he an alien or something??", she thought with open.

 

"Or... is it because.. you're crying?" his voice turn into a serious tone.

 

"So... he was just guessing, huh..?"

 

Sunny felt the other swing moved. The boy must've left her there dumbfounded. "Did he think I'm too stupid enough to cry like this? Sunny pabo! *sigh* I don't even think of him as a stranger.."

 

The girl stared at the other swing. Will she be able to meet him again?

 

"Tada!"

 

Sunny's thoughts rambled as she saw the vanilla ice cream that's in front of her. Moreover the one showing the ice cream to her was the boy she talked with. "I thought he didn't like me.."

 

"The only thing that can cheer me up is this! And I bet it can also cheer you up if you have one too!", the boy grinned as he his ice cream and sat on the other swing. The girl looked at her ice cream. Slowly opening and as she it, her emotions changed already.

 

"Delicious!!!", she shouted as she looked at the boy, smiling at her like an idiot. "I told you it will change your mood! Eat up!"

 

The two their own ice creams. Soon, after eating their ice creams, they became good friends. But Sunny assumed that this friend is a friend that she can only get once.

 

"By the way what's your name?", he asked.

 

"Soon Kyu! But you can call me Sunny!", she beamed.

 

"Is your name prettier than your face?", he mumbled. "Hm?" "A-Ah.. N-Nothing!", he waved his hands in front of her.

 

"How about you?", she asked with an innocent face.

 

"What about me?", he asked, lost in his thoughts.

 

"Your name..", she lowered her voice.

 

"A-Ah! My name! Hahaha! Su-Sungmin! My name is Sungmin!"

 

Sunny giggled at his foolishness.

 

Soon enough, silence covered them.

 

"So... we're friends?", Sungmin asked.

 

Sunny nodded happily, "Friends!"

 

"Sunny! Sunny!", her mom called.

 

"I have to go." she smiled and stood up.

 

"Will! .... Will we meet again?", he asked with puppy dog eyes.

 

"Of course!" she beamed. She held out her pinky to him. Sungmin looked at her pinky then at her. He smiled as he took it with his.

 

"You have to promise that.", he said. Sunny nodded happily.

 

They parted ways but both of them gaze at each other before they disappeared in sight.