Stay like this

Innocently

Sungmin's POV

It has been a month since I last saw Sunny. I needed to talk to her but the catch-up at school since I enrolled late was pretty damn long enough that it took a month, I never even realised that until now.

 

I went to the playground to check if she's there but unfortunately, it's like the swing hasn't even been touched yet. I turned away to leave when something caught my eyes. Sunny's father. He was digging on the ground at the garden beside the playground. I don't know why but why does it seem like he just cried now?

 

I walked towards him and asked, "Are you alright, sir?" His head slowly turned towards me. I flinched when he gave me a dirty look. I knew that her dad doesn't like me.

 

"What do you want?", he gave me a bad eye. Now this is like worse than one of those horror movies 'cause his glares are making me dig my own grave.

 

"I wanted to ask if Sunny is at home? Is it okay if I visit her?", I asked politely. The shakiness of my voice is kinda embarassing.

 

He took a step forward as he eyed me carefully, "I never liked you from the start so don't expect that I'll welcome you with open arms to meet my daughter, especially right now." Okay, that left me puzzled. What did he mean by that?

 

He walked away while I was left there dumbfounded about what he said. Does that mean we can't be together anymore? No.. I don't want that. As much as I want to see her right now, I don't want to stop seeing her. She's one of a kind. Just like what her friends said, a fragile girl.

 

-

 

I went to her house without anyone knowing. I rubbed my legs because her house was like in a middle of nowhere and I didn't even took a taxi here.

 

I hid behind the bushes as I waited for her to go outside. But I never knew it took a while... I checked my watch: two hours have passed, my legs are receiving cramps and I think a goat just me when I was drowsy for a second. Suddenly, I heard a sound that clearly reads 'the door' in my mind and my eyes quickly opened wide enough that I saw Sunny just walked out from the door.

 

"S-Sunny!", I called in a not so loud tone of mine. "Sungmin? Wha-..What are you doing here?", she looked astonished. She checked from behind and I can see that she doesn't want her dad to know about this.

 

"Come", she held my hand and we went miles away from her house until we reached the bridge. "If my dad knew that you came to see me then he'll be very coss.

 

"Is there something you want to tell me?", I asked as I held her hands. We look like couples right now but I didn't mind at all.

 

Our eyes were locked for a moment until she broke the silence. "H-Huh?? What do you mean??" I sighed. I thought we were friends..

End of Sungmin's POV

 

"I enrolled in your school and I found out that those I became friends with was your friends. They told me you dropped out and left without a word with them. Is there a reason why you left, Sunny?", he asked with a small smile.

 

Sunny wanted to escape. Not just because she doesn't want to tell the truth, but because she just didn't want him to see her cry. Sunny tried to turn around to walk away when Sungmin did something she could never forget: He pulled her into a hug. Sunny was bewildered at the position that she doesn't even know how to react.

 

"Don't move," he ordered, "There's something bothering you and even though you won't tell me, in the mean time, throw all your suffers away and stay like this."

 

Sunny softened at what he said. A tear fell from her cheek and then more came out. She loved this feeling. It seems that everything had stopped and they were the only ones left in this world. Now she was thinking clearly that she doesn't want to leave him.