Sorrows

Innocently

Sunny stiffened about the shocking news. Making no sound at all with her eyes popped out of its sockets. No wonder her doctor called her parents immediately about the results. But she never knew that one check up reveals to them that she has been living with a weak heart. Especially when they got informed that her time was this year.

Sunny was just wearing a smile before she found out the results. On the way home, her straight face didn't change. When her parents look at her, even though they wanted to comfort her so badly, no words came out from their mouth.

Sunny went inside the house first and went directly to her room. Her weeps were silent but her parents already knew how much she's suffering with a bucket full of tears without listening to the girl's door.

"My heart is breaking into pices with those soft sobs, yeobo..", her mother sniffed.

"How could a precious angel have a weak heart...?", the father wailed.

"Never in her life she had ever do wrong to make such a terrible mistake!", the mother broke down on her knees.

The father ran up to her and pulled her in a comfort hug as she spoke in a soft voice, "She's our one and only child. I can't bear to lose her just like that!"

 

-

 

Her parents informed her school that she has no more intentions of going to school anymore. The principal and the other teachers got worried because Sunny was an honor student and a unique one indeed but with their question, they left without the reason why they decided to stop Sunny from going to school.

 

-

 

Sunny's friends began to visit her almost everyday at her house even though it will take hours to get there. But Sunny never dared to show herself to anyone, not even her closest friends in middle school or in high school.

Yes, Sunny is already in her high school year. A High School Junior. One more year and she will be senior but it seems that she won't be able to see any of her friends as a High School Senior. It's a pain how everything will just be a handful of ash to her. Because they planned that all their goals in life will be working together even until they get old. Her friends didn't mind that and she didn't mind at all either. What has she done to make it all completely useless?

 

-

 

Sunny asked her parents if she can go to the playground, where she always let out her sorrow secretly but despite her condition right now, it seems that she  has to visit the playground almost like everyday.

Her parents nodded with a smile which Sunny didn't smile back. Her father sighed as he missed the smiling Sunny he always see before because right now, with a weak heart, that straight face was sticker than a gum to her face.

She walked plainly until she reached to her favorite swing spot. She made a small smile and said to herself, "Nothing would change even if I stayed the same." But she is becoming lonelier and lonelier even though her parents always find ways to cheer her up. "Atleast I won't be sadder if I stayed with them more, I have to respect God's plan for me."

She stared at the ground, long enough that someone approached her. The sun shone through her forehead and it made her hard enough to look at the figure standing in front of her. "Why are you always sad when you're here on this swing?", the voice asked.