Three

Stars and Scars

 

                I don’t like to drink.  I remember everything the day afterwards.  Everything.

                I flirted with a lot of guys, made out with some dude named Yixing, nearly puked into the kitchen sink but held it in, avoided Luhan at all costs.  It was really quite an experience.  Quite a sickening experience.

                I awoke thinking someone was stabbing me in the head, but I couldn’t make sense of it, what with the shooting pains coming back repeatedly, and wouldn’t that mean that I should be dead already?  Anyway, it eventually all came back to me and I looked around the room, my vision a swirl of things.  I was in Jongin’s room, having fallen asleep in his bed after I had felt adequately disgusted with myself.  But where was Jongin?

                Wanting to return to my sleeping state, I pulled the covers over my head, but it was impossible.  I was wide awake and my head hurt like a .  I sniffed at the comforter.  There was Jongin’s familiar scent, but what was this cologne that also seemed familiar?

                I sighed and got out of the bed, stumbling down the hall to find him so he could feed me some breakfast.  The house was quiet and empty, the remnants of the night before nowhere to be found.  Jongin has a gift for cleaning up and getting people out of his house in a flash.  I wandered around, poking my head into a couple of rooms and walking down the stairs before I caught that strange scent again.  I froze at the sudden recognition.  That’s Joonmyun’s cologne.  Slowly, I searched around downstairs for Jongin until I hit the living room, and oh Jesus, I think I just about went blind.

                “Holy ing , cover your damn bodies.  I think I’m going to throw up.”

                Jongin and Joonmyun had apparently decided it was a grand idea to cuddle on the sofa—my favorite bouncy sofa— after they had done god knows what on it.  They didn’t even seem embarrassed as they put their clothes back on, giggling at each other.  Good lord, I don’t even know how they managed to hook up so quickly.

                “How’d you sleep?” Jongin asked, his arm looping around Joonmyun’s waist as they sat on the sofa that I never dared to touch ever again.

                I grimaced.  “Good, I guess.  But now I’m questioning whether or not your bed is sanitary.”  I eyed Joonmyun, who bit his lip to hold in his laughter.  I was thoroughly disgusted.

                “We didn’t do much up there, but we might have to clean this sofa…” Jongin said as he examined whether they had stained it or not, Jesus.

                “That’s great and all, but I would really appreciate a nice cup of coffee, Jongie.”

                Jongin stared at me.  “Make it yourself.”

                “But it only tastes good when you make it.”  I used the good ol’ pout on him.  “Please?”

                He sighed and made his way into the kitchen.

                “So,” Joonmyun said as we followed him, “how was Luhan?”

                I jumped out of my skin.  “What?  What about him?”

                “Did you guys, you know…”  He waggled his eyebrows.

                I tried to laugh it off, but it came out a nervous snort.  “No.”

                “Why not?  I think you two would be cute together,” Jongin said as he started brewing the coffee.  I nearly slapped the suggestive grin off his face.

                Creepy Luhan.  Creepy Luhan.  Creepy Luhan.  He’s still creepy Luhan.

                “I think you two should off.”

 

                The damn bastards invited him again the next week.

                “You know, I think you’re throwing these parties a little too frequently, Jong.”  I jumped as he experimented with my hair, pulling it this way and that.  “Ow, what the , man?  This is a house party, not ing prom.”

                He stepped back and examined his work, eventually letting out an amused laugh.  “You look like a douche.”

                I looked in the mirror and frowned.  “This is exactly the same hairstyle I had last week.”  I had no idea why I had agreed to let him dress me.

                “Fine.  A hot douche.  Don’t get anything on my shirt.”

                “I didn’t ask for you to lend it to me,” I grumbled, running a hand through my tousled tresses.  I must admit, Jongin had good taste; I looked good.

                Joonmyun entered the room, sipping a glass of water.  “Damn, I’d tap that.”  Jongin narrowed his eyes at him, and he smiled innocently in return.

                “I think,” Jongin said, putting his hands on my shoulders, “Luhan will fall head over heels for you.”

                Creepy Luhan.  Still creepy Luhan.

 

                I don’t know how he did it, but he did it.  He got hotter.  He opted for a navy blue dress shirt, and, again, it fit him so snugly I melted into a puddle of goop as I stared at his lean muscles beneath the thin material.

                “H—Hey,” I said, greeting him with a wave.  Here we go again.

                Luhan looked up from the magazine he was flipping through.  “Hey.”  It would take me a while to get used to that smile.

                Clearing my throat, I sat beside him, drying my clammy hands on my jeans.  My arm accidentally brushed against his and I slid back nervously, choking out a “sorry.”  He tried to react quickly and put that damn smile back on his face, but I saw it.  I saw him flinch.

 

                “Hey, Luhan?” I asked once my mind was sufficiently clouded with the effects of a few drinks.  “What happened to you?”

                He seemed startled at my sudden question, and he blinked at me blankly for a second.  “What do you mean?”

                “You’re, like,” I unsuccessfully tried to stop slurring, “happy and .  You used to look so angry at the world all the time.”  I slung an arm around his shoulder, and there it was again.  That flinch.  Okay, he doesn’t like being touched.  I retracted and stared at him, waiting for an answer.

                He stayed silent for a while before saying, “I got better.”  He promptly stood up and walked away, his shoulders tense.

 

                I didn’t mean to follow him home.  I probably wasn’t even sober enough to be walking outside so late at night, but I waved off the thought that I was becoming the creepy one.  Crouching behind bushes on the sidewalk, I watched as the light in his room and he sat down on his bed.  He was so still I thought he had fallen asleep, but he started shaking and he put his face in his hands.  He was crying.

 

 

--

This is a horrible chapter what am I doing omg.  >___<