memory

an eye for love

 

He had just replaced his hospital clothes with a white t-shirt and jeans, the woman was still checking around the room when he asked, “she hadn’t came yet?”. The woman didn’t answer a word. They were out from the room with the nurse and the doctor waiting for them. A car was stopped in front of the door and they got into the car. The car was off the hospital when a pair of eyes were watching from distance.

The woman led him to his room. She led him to sit on his own bed. “we’ve arrived, joonmyeon.” She told him. he swept his bed with his hand. “wait for a minute, I will unpack your goods.” The woman left him alone in his room.

He stood and walked to his drawers, he counted his steps.  He counted his drawers and opened the third. He took out a pair of gloves and put it on his chest. “sorry.” He whispered. “even your scent is left here” he crushed the gloves before threw it in the empty space. He turned his back and he couldn’t find his direction. He walked and stopped when his feet kicked a door, he walked to the other side and stopped when his feet kicked his table. It happened for times until he swept all the things on his table and drawers. The woman came when his room was completely messed up. “joonmyeona, what’s wrong? you can’t be like this.” She ran at her in a second. “omma, I don’t want to live any longer, I’ve lost my whole life. God is too unfair. Why all of these should happen to me, what have I done wrong?” he cried sharply. “joonmyeon. Joonmyeon. No, you’re not, you still have me. please, joonmyeon, don’t think about ending your life because of her.” The woman cried while holding him tightly.

Days passed.                                                                         

A guy was walking slowly on the path, the wind blew his thin shirt. His head was stuck. “omma, is he blind?” a kid whispered to his mom when he passed the guy. “ssh..” his mom pulled the kid’s hand. The guy stopped for a while before turned his head to the source of voice. His foot was sweeping the path before he turned at the end of the path and walked to the bench shaded by the tree. He sat with his right foot on his left. He pulled out his ipod out from his pocket and plugged the earphone into his ears.

너의세상으러…..”

Memories were passing his mind. The world used to be more beautiful with colors, joy, and her. He was drown in his own mind when the music suddenly stopped, he accidently dropped his ipod. He was about to bow, when a hand handed his ipod to him. “thank you…” he thanked to the person he couldn’t see when he suddenly feel the same comforting hand touched his hand. No answer. He could hear steps were going farther when he stood and called her name, “sooyuna…” the steps stopped. “sooyuna, is it you? please, answer me” he pledged  and still no answer. He could hear the person was about to approach him when another voice came from distance. “sooyun, what are you doing? Let’s go!” a guy shouted her name. he felt a sharp cold breeze was sweeping his heart, it was her. Suddenly he heard the steps were moving farther in a second. He couldn’t feel his feet on the ground, the other voice, shouted her name, made her left him. or was it his own self that made her left. “I love you and I don’t know how to get away from you, but you teach me how…” that memory came back to his mind.

He laid on his bed, memories were passing his mind, until it stopped with a guy’s voice shouted her name. sooyun, are you happy now? Have you found your happiness without me? He was questioning, he was searching for answers and he found none, the more he tried to find some, the more his heart ached. Should I leave without you? I think I can pass this, I think this will be easy, to know that you’re happy without me, but I can’t. his hand was trembling.

He tried to close his eyes. Her face was passing his mind, her smiles were pulling him closer, her tears hurt him more.

He stood and rushing to the door with his foot bumped all the things inside the room before he could reach the door. He passed the living room and went out of his house. The moon was shining above him. slowly he walked on the path, his hand swept the wall along the path.