secret

an eye for love

 

“omma. I know you’re crying now. Omma, I’m afraid-“ he hadn’t finished his sentence when she held his hand. The girl stood at the corner of the room was crying in silence, she couldn’t feel her feet on the ground. “omma, don’t tell her about this. I don’t want to be a burden for her“  he hadn’t finished his sentence when she turned her head at the girl who was holding her tears behind her hands now. “I don’t want to hold her with me like this.” His blank eyes were wondering.  “she- she- she loves you, joonmyeon.” The woman was holding his hand tighter. “that’s why I don’t want to hold her with me, she can find other guy who love her and can see her beauty” he paused. “omma, please. Tell her that I will marry other girl, tell her to stop loving me and find other happiness-“ he paused when his body was trembling. The woman turned her head at the girl. “tell her to be happy without me”.

The girl stood with the energy left in her body, she felt the ground was spinning under her when she heard his sentences. “babo.” She was approaching him who was searching the source of voice he had just heard. “how can I be happy without you.” she talked right in front of him. the woman was walking to the other side of the room, leaving them. He stayed still. “why do you think you will be a burden for me, huh?” she rose her voice. “I won’t stop loving you” the tears were rolling down her cheek with her sentences.

He turned his head at her with his blank eyes. “you won’t find any happiness with a blind guy.” He talked sharply.  “I don’t need any happiness with you.” she was about to hold his hand when he refused hers. “you’ll  also stop though.” She talked more sharply. “joonmyeon, please, don’t do this to me. don’t push me away from you” she couldn’t hold her tears any longer. The fact that he wanted to push her away from him was even more bitter for her. “leave me alone.” He rose his voice. “if you don’t love me, just tell me, I will go then, but don’t push me like this, just tell me if you don’t love me-“ she hadn’t finished her sentence when he talked sharply, “ I love you no more.”. she was shocked to hear his sentence. “joonmyeon. I-i-“ she left while holding her tears.

The woman was rushing into the room, “what are you doing to her, joonmyeon?” she asked him. “I won’t forgive my self to make her cry, omma. But, it was the only thing I could do to make her happy.” He finished his sentence when she hugged him, “how about you, my son? Will you be happy without her?”she burst into tears. “as long as she’s happy, I will try to be happy” he talked between his hesitation. “you’ll break two hearts with this, my son.”. “omma, I love her. I love her. I don’t want to lose her. Omma, I just want to see her happy” he was trembling in her hug. “she will comeback if she really loves you, and I’m sure she will” she hugged him tighter.

The doctor was out from the room when she entered. She could see the woman was standing next to him, with a plate of meal in her hand. She walked slowly to her and asked for the plate. The woman nodded and moved slowly outside.

She took a spoonful to feed him. she was about to take another spoonful when he started to talk, “why you still comeback?”. She was startled that he realized her appearance. “pretend that you don’t know me, pretend that I’m not sooyun that you hate, pretend-“ she hadn’t finished her sentence when he held his hand and swept the plate off her hand in a second. Both of them was startled when the plate was dropped on the floor. “you can’t even do that, joonmyeon. What have I done wrong to you that you can’t forgive me like this ?” she paused. ” At least let me be unknown to you, and you can’t. joonmyeona, I love you and I don’t know how to get away from you, but you teach me how… I will try to disappear from your life if that what you want” she left him. he couldn’t believe how deep was she hurt, but it wasn’t what he wanted. “sooyuna, sooyuna” he was trying to grab her in the empty space when he fell from his bed and her mom was rushing into the room, “OhMyLord! What happened joonmyeon?” she was about to lift him up when he held her hand, “omma, please stop her for me, omma, I don’t want to lose her” he chattered with his lips trembling. The woman stood and called the nurse right before she ran to the elevator.

The woman entered the room right after he was back to his bed. She couldn’t stand on watching his son watching for her. “sorry, joonmyeona, I can’t find her.” She hugged him. “omma, she is badly hurt because of me, I didn’t mean to hurt her heart more, but, I could see nothing, even her heart, omma.”. She swept her son’s hair. “joonmyeon. I’m sorry I can’t bring her back.”