Chapter 19

If you asked me to

 

“Oh! Jae!” Yunho said when he saw them. “Hi Hyemi.”

“Annyeong. Yunho-sshi.” Hyemi greeted back. Yunho then saw Dayoung and Lauren.

“Oh greet your uncle Yunho.” The two obliged which earned a smile from him. “I told Yoona unnie about you and she wants to catch up with you sometime along with Donghae oppa and the children.”

“I will. Thanks for telling.” Yunho replied. Yoochun, Changmin, Junsu and Tiffany also appeared.

“Oh! Hyung! Hyemi!” Changmin said with a startled expression. “Where did you go?”

“At the zoo.” Jaejoong replied as he avoids looking at Tiffany. “Dayoung and Lauren wanted to see Jaejoong-sshi so I asked him to come with us.” Hyemi also replied.

“You told us you were sick that’s why you can’t come. Turn out you had another plan.” Yoochun teased.

“So where are you going now?” Junsu asked. “We’re about to head home. The kids are tired and it’s their sleep time already. My brother will scold me if I let them sleep late.” Hyemi said. All of a sudden, Dayoung and Lauren yawned.

“Aunt Hyemi, let’s go home.” Lauren said as she tugged on her side.

“We’ll go now. It was nice seeing you.” Hyemi then smiled at them. “I’ll accompany you.” Jaejoong also said as he carried Dayoung who was already sleepy.

“Its okay, Jaejoong-sshi. You can now hang out with your friends. It was nice enough that you went out with us.” Hyemi replied.

“No, it’s okay. I insist.” Jaejoong said as he still took hold of Dayoung who is now asleep.

“You can go now. Jae can hang out with us some other time.” Yunho said. Hyemi nodded and they went along.

“How did they know each other?” Tiffany curiously asked. “How did you know Hyemi?”

“It’s a long story Tiff. We’ll just tell you some other time.” Changmin said. “Kaja.”

Tiffany still looked at the retreating back of the two and was curious about everything.

 

“You live here now?” Jaejoong asked as he parked Hyemi’s car beside the pastry shop. “I’m living here actually. My parents just talked me into staying back home but now I moved back. So that I’ll be much closer to my work.” She then went out and carried Dayoung who was sleeping. Jaejoong also carried Lauren and followed Hyemi.

“Where shall we put them?” Jaejoong asked as they enter Hyemi’s home. “In my room.” Hyemi then opened the door to her room and placed Dayoung on the bed. Jaejoong also followed.

“You’re sleeping with them?” He suddenly asked them. “Yep, my bed is too big for me so I always ask them to sleep with me in my bed.” Hyemi smiled at the sleeping kids and pulled a blanket over them.

“Thank you for driving us here. How would you go home now?” Hyemi said in concern.

“My driver was following us. I asked him to bring my car.” Jaejoong said and then there was a silence between the two.

“I guess I have to go now. Thank you again for last night.” Jaejoong said as he walked towards the door.

“It’s okay. I’m glad you didn’t get a hangover.” Hyemi smiled as she walked him out.

“Take Care. Annyeong.” Hyemi waved goodbye. Jaejoong nodded his head and went inside the car.

 

The next day Jiyeon and Yoona went to Hyemi’s loft to fetch Dayoung and Lauren.

“Eomma!!” The both girls screamed upon seeing her. Yoona happily hugged her children. “I miss you a lot my babies.”

“They were just gone for overnight, unnie.” Jiyeon said as she also enters.

“You don’t know the feeling because you’re not yet a mother.” Yoona then sat on the chair with her children. “Did you have a great time my babies?”

“Yes, we did. We had so much fun at the zoo.” Dayoung sweetly said to her. “Uncle Jaejoong also came with us.” Lauren chided. Jiyeon and Yoona were surprised with the sudden news.

“You? You? You went out with Jaejoong oppa?” Jiyeon said with shock. Hyemi nodded her head. “The children forced me to do so. You know how I can’t resist them. They pleaded for him to come.”

“Why did you do that?” Yoona said to her daughters. “Uncle Jaejoong promised to treat us to an ice cream.” Lauren replied as she smiled at Jiyeon.

“Don’t do that again especially your Aunt Hyemi isn’t comfortable with it.” Yoona reprimanded her daughters. Dayoung and Lauren nodded their head.

“It’s okay unnie. It’s no big deal.” Hyemi said in assurance.  Jiyeon then secretly winked at Dayoung and Lauren which in turn giggled at her.

 

That afternoon Hyemi had an unexpected guest. “Chef Hyemi, the handsome guy is back again. He’s waiting for you outside.” Inna said as she entered the pastry.

“Bwoh? Who?” Mica asked in curiosity. “Jaejoong?” Minji also said. “Wait here.” Hyemi then went out and saw Jaejoong waiting and was sitting at the same spot he was before.

“Oh Jaejoong-sshi. What brought you here?” Hyemi said as she sat in front of him.

“I want to talk to you. Can we speak in a private?” Jaejoong said as he looked around the shop. Hyemi noticed he was uneasy. “Sure, let’s go to my office.”

“Inna, tell Mica and Minji I’m at my office.” Hyemi said which Inna nodded in return and smiled at Jaejoong. They then went inside the office. Hyemi sat on the sofa in front of her desk and let Jaejoong sat beside her too.

“So what do you want to tell me?” Hyemi said with a smile. She, too, was anxious just by looking at Jaejoong who was tensed.

“I want to tell you something important. I hope you’ll think about it hard. I don’t want to disappoint them anymore. I know this is out of blue but…” Jaejoong then took a small box out of his pocket and showed the ring to her. “Will you marry me please?”

“Jaejoong-sshi…” Hyemi said with shocked expression on her face. She still can’t believe what Jaejoong had done. “Why did you? I mean are you serious?”

Jaejoong nodded his head. Hyemi was stressed out by this. “What should I do? What should I do?”

All of a sudden her phone rang. She wants to ignore it at first but it kept on ringing and ringing. She then hurriedly picked it up.

“Bwoh!?!” She then hang up and grabbed her purse. “I’m sorry Jaejoong but I have to leave.”

Jaejoong was then dumbfounded as Hyemi left.

 

Why did Hyemi leave him? Will she accept Jaejoong’s proposal? Is Jaejoong serious about it? Find out next chapter. ^^

, your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!