Chapter 18

If you asked me to

 

They waited for his reply but it didn’t come up. The girls were then saddened by it so Hyemi made them feel better.

“Come on! Let’s go to the zoo!” Hyemi said as she grabbed her bag and some snacks.

“But uncle Jaejoong isn’t coming.” Lauren said with less enthusiasm.

“He might be doing something that’s why he hasn’t read our message. Maybe he might decide to come once he has free time.” Hyemi comforted them, which, was a success.

“Kaja!!” Hyemi happily said as they went out the apartment.

 

The girls were happy throughout the time. They were fascinated with the animals that they see. They were having a break when they thought of Jaejoong again.

“Auntie, is Uncle Jaejoong coming?” Lauren suddenly asked after drinking her juice.

“Uhm… I don’t know about it baby. Don’t worry; we’ll call him later after we eat okay?” Hyemi said as she avoids the topic. She knew Jaejoong won’t come.

“I hope uncle will come.” Dayoung sadly said.

 

They just finished eating when a waiter suddenly went towards them.

“Here are ice creams for you.” He said as he gave it to them.

“Excuse me but we didn’t order it. Maybe you got it wrong.” Hyemi said as she politely gives it back.

“I’m very sure about it ma’am. That guy bought it for you.” He then gestured at the person sitting a few tables away from them.

“Jaejoong-sshi?” Hyemi mumbled upon seeing him. “Uncle Jaejoong!!!” Dayoung and Lauren screamed in surprise. Jaejoong stood from his seat and went towards them.

“I’m sorry. I know I’m late.” He then smiled at them. “I hope you’re not yet done looking around.”

“No. We’ll go to the birds and the monkeys.” Lauren happily said.  “Let’s go uncle Jaejoong!!” Dayoung also said as they tagged him along.

 

Throughout the period, Jaejoong was laughing and talking with the girls as if nothing happened to him. He’s hiding it while Hyemi has an idea already.

“Maybe he’s suffering a lot right now.”Hyemi thought to herself as she observes Jaejoong with Lauren and Dayoung as they look at the monkeys. She then snapped off from her thoughts when they called her.

“Auntie!! Look at the monkey. It looks like Uncle Mir.” Dayoung laughed while she gestures the monkey. Hyemi then went towards them and also joined in with their laugh.

 

“Uncle Jaejoong. Let’s eat outside.” Lauren said while they leave the zoo. “We’ll go to McDonalds later. You should come.” Dayoung also invited.

“Maybe Uncle Jaejoong has to do something. It’s okay that he accompanied us here. He has already treated you with an ice cream.” Hyemi thwarted them which saddened the two. Jaejoong saw this and agreed with Lauren and Dayoung.

“It’s okay. I have nothing to do today. I’ll go with you.” Jaejoong said which lighted the girls’ mood. He then smiled in assurance to Hyemi.

“Let’s go to McDonalds. I’m feeling hungry from strolling around the zoo.” Jaejoong said as they went on their way.

 

They were in McDonalds when Hyemi noticed many people were looking at them. She was waiting in her line when an old lady talked to her. “Your daughters are really pretty. No wonder. They got it from their parents.”

Hyemi then smiled at her. “Khamsamnida eomonim.” “Your husband and you look familiar to me. Are you, by any chance a celebrity?” The other old lady said.

“No eomonim. We’re not married.” Hyemi said as she blushed. “They’re my nieces.”

“Oh! I thought they’re your children. Don’t worry your boyfriend and I will have babies as beautiful as you two.” The old lady assumed again. “Anniyo eomonim. We’re not like that also. He’s just a friend.” Hyemi explained again.

“Oh too bad. You, two, really suits each other. I hope you get married soon.” The old lady said in which Hyemi just smiled at.

“But you really look familiar.” The other old lady joined the conversation again. “Ah! You’re the chef that made my grand daughter’s wedding cake. It was delicious.”

“Oh khamsamnida eomonim. I’m glad you liked it. Yea, I’m the Chef from Sweet Escape.” Hyemi gratefully said.

“How about your friend? What does he do for a living?” She asked again. “He’s the President of Kim Corp.” Hyemi replied.

“Kim Corp!?! He’s rich. What are rich kids doing here in McDonalds?!” The old lady shrieked. “Eomonim. We’re just the same. We, too, like eating here.” Hyemi smiled which delighted the old ladies. “Aigoo. I wish to have a daughter-in-law like you. You’re very sweet and nice.”

“Khamsamnida eomonim.” Hyemi bowed gratefully.

 

Phrases like “What an adoring family!!”, “Their kids looked like them.”, “I wish to have a family like theirs.” and “They really suit each other. Match made in heaven.” were heard throughout the entire dinner. Hyemi had nothing to do but felt embarrassed and awkward. Jaejoong, on the other hand, just smiled at the people who say that.

“Did you have a great time?” He suddenly asked Dayoung and Lauren. The two nodded their head in response. They were still enjoying their ice creams. “I’m glad you’ve had a great time.” Jaejoong smiled at them.

“Thank you for making them happy. I’m sorry if we’ve disturbed you.” Hyemi suddenly said. “It’s okay.” Jaejoong replied.

“By the way, thanks for last night. I’m so sorry if I did something rude.” He said as if he was quite ashamed.

“It’s okay. You’ve done nothing wrong. I just drove you home, that’s all. You were sleeping the entire time.” Hyemi lied for she doesn’t want to remind him what happened. Jaejoong couldn’t help but be grateful with Hyemi. Being with them lessens his pain for he forgets what has been hurting him.

“Kaja.” Hyemi said and they all stood up and went on. They were walking towards Hyemi’s car when they saw someone familiar.

 

Who do you think was that? Is it one of their families? Sunghyun? Tiffany? Or Siwon? Find out next chapter! ^^

, your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!