Chapter 20

If you asked me to

 

Jaejoong closed his fist as he was leaving the shop. He then drove away. He just proposed to Hyemi but she, too, let him down. She just left him without explaining things and worse; without responding. He was thwarted that two girls rejected his proposal. Mica and Minji was confused as they saw Hyemi leaving hurriedly and Jaejoong feeling disappointed as he walked out of the shop.

 

“Oh. I thought you wouldn’t show up your face.” Yunho said as Jaejoong took his seat. He was just silent.

“You know you’re quite a surprise these days. First you left Tiffany’s show and then showing up later in a drunken state. You were saying ridiculous things and even mocking Seunghyun. And then the next day, we saw you going out with Hyemi. Are you changing your heart now?” Yoochun also said.

“You made a scene that night; with you being drunk and Hyemi chasing you out. You were like straight out of the movie." Junsu uttered. But Jaejoong was still silent as he eats his food.

“Hyung is not in the mood today.” Changmin just retorted as Jaejoong was feeling cold to them again. “Oh Tiffany’s here.”

They all looked at Jaejoong who was suddenly tensed upon hearing it. Tiffany, without knowing what they have just talked about, joined them in the table. She was also surprised upon seeing Jaejoong with them. “Oh annyeong Jae oppa. I didn’t know you’re here.” Jaejoong ignored her just like what he did to the others.

“By the way Tiff, what’s your plan now?” Changmin uttered so as to avoid the tension between Jaejoong and Tiffany.  “Oh. I will move to New York to be trained. I will have a musical to do there so I will be quite busy. I guess I won’t see you as often as now.”

“When are you going to leave?” Junsu suddenly asked. “So that we’ll have a farewell party for you.”

“I’m already packed. I will leave tomorrow.” Tiffany said which shocked all of them especially Jaejoong. “That’s what I want to say over lunch so that I can say my proper goodbye.”

“Tomorrow already? It’s too soon.” Yunho voiced out. “You should have informed as earlier.”

“I’m sorry. I just find out about it this morning.” Tiffany answered. “They said I have to practice early so that I would be prepared. They said I wasn’t still smooth with my keys so I have to be trained more.”

“If that the case then we should celebrate this evening.” Yoochun blurted out which the others agreed into.

“We can do it at our favorite bar.” Yunho also expressed. “Are you coming Jae?” All of their attention was then focused on him; waiting for his reply.

“You go. I have a meeting to attend early in the morning.” Jaejoong spoke as he ate his food.

“Hyung, you should go. We should have a send-off party for her.” Changmin retorted. “I told you I’m not going. What’s the big deal any way? You’ll have some fun even without me. Just invite Seunghyun. I know she’s more thrilled of that.” Just as he finished talking he stood up and walked away.

“What’s with hyung? I don’t get him.” Changmin said as he shook his head. “Just let him. Maybe he’s not feeling well.” Yoochun just said. Tiffany was feeling down and guilty by what Jaejoong said. She values him and he’s close to his heart that’s why she’s sad this is happening to them.

 

“Unnie! Eomma is in the hospital.” Jiyeon cried over the phone. “Bwoh?!” Hyemi hanged up and got her purse. “I’m sorry Jaejoong but I have to leave.”

She then rushed to the hospital and went inside her mother’s room. “Eomma.” Hyemi hugged her mother tightly. “What happened?”

“She fainted. She hasn’t been eating lately ever since you…” Mr. Lee then trailed off.

“I’m sorry eomma. I shouldn’t have done that.” Hyemi was in tears as she hugged her again. “I’m sorry if I ran away and didn’t talk to you.”

“It’s okay my dear. We should be the one who would say sorry. We’re sorry for rushing into that decision. I was just fascinated of the idea of you getting married and I thought Jaejoong was an eligible guy. I’m very sorry my dear.” Mrs. Lee also said in tears. “Don’t worry we’ll cancel it. I will call Mrs. Kim and postpone everything. I will explain that I don’t want to push you into a marriage you didn’t want in the first place.”

“Honey, they’ll come by. We should tell it to them once they got here.” Mr. Lee also spoke. “We value your happiness more, Hyemi. I’m sure the Kims will understand.”

“Oh eomma. Appa.” Hyemi then hugged her parents.

 

Hyemi wasn’t feeling extremely happy by the news her parents told her. If it happened before, she would be in a celebratory mood. But now she’s not up for it; she knew she would be disappointing many people because of her selfish act. More now that Jaejoong proposed to her. She was then weighing every option. If she was very sure before of not giving in the idea of fixed marriage; now she is very confused about the matter. She knew that with her situation, she would let down many people that are very keen about the idea. But her happiness and future is in stake so she’s making her mind up. She was sitting on the corner thinking about things.

All of a sudden, Mr. and Mrs. Kim arrived and her parents told them about their decision of cancelling the marriage.

“I’m sorry for breaking up the plan. I wouldn’t want to let the children suffer because of us being selfish.” Mrs. Lee said which sadden the Kim couple.

“We don’t want to sacrifice our daughter’s happiness.” Mr. Lee also chided in.

“If that’s the case then, we have nothing to do but too agree with you.” Mr. Kim said with a sad tone. Mrs. Lee was in tears upon hearing the bad news. “I’m sad we can’t be part of your family. I was really hoping and praying for everything to turn out well.” She was then hugging Mrs. Lee. “I was hoping for Hyemi to be our daughter.”

Hyemi heard all of it and felt guilty by it. It broke her heart looking at them.

“I’m taking it back. I will marry Jaejoong.” She said as she stood up which stunned all of them especially her parents.

“Hyemi, are you sure?” Her mother asked with shocked looked on her face.

“I’m sure about it.” She replied with strong-willed.

 

Will the wedding push through? Will Jaejoong and Hyemi give this marriage a shot? Find out next chapter. ^^

, your COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED. Khamsamnida!