Into Your World

Into Your World

Chanyeol slammed his hands down on his alarm clock. He sighed and sat up.

“So early...” his deep voice muttered. He perked up when he realized what the day was; graduation.

He quickly put on the shirt and tie his mom had laid out in front of him the night before. He styled his hair and winked at himself in the mirror before running downstairs.

A car honked and Chanyeol quickly put on his shoes.

“Chanyeol-ah! Come on!” he heard his friends yell.

“Mom! I'm leaving! I'll see you after!” he yelled.

“You're not gonna eat?” she asked from the kitchen.

“I'll eat out!”

“Okay, sweetie!”

He ran out of the house and greeted Suho with their handshake. He got in the car and sat next to Baekhyun.

“Well you look spiffy today,” the older commented.

Chanyeol grinned. “I try.”

 

As Chanyeol walked up on stage to collect his diploma, the cheers were louder than ever.

He waved to the crowd and blew kisses.

The second he walked out of the building, his mom attacked him in a hug.

“My son is all grown up,” she cried.

“Mom, you say that every year...”

“How does it feel man?! You're finally a college student!” Kris said with a smile.

“It feels...good,” the younger grinned. He felt free. Like an adult. He was ready to face those adult challenges he's always heard about.

“Let's go celebrate!” Lu Han smiled.

Chanyeol looked at his mom for permission, even though he knew the answer.

“Go ahead, have fun. But not too much fun.”

The boys cheered and they got in Suho's car and drove off.

 

They stood in line at the club but had a little trouble getting in.

“He does not look over 21,” the security guy said.

“I'm 22!” Lu Han explained.

“You look 12.”

“Oh my God, here's my ID!”

The guard checked it and glanced at Lu Han face a couple times.

“Fine, go in.”

“Assa!”

Chanyeol had no problem getting in. His height was definitely an advantage at times like these, even though his face looked so young and pure.

 

The second they got in, like they always do, they went to the bar first and ordered drinks. Chanyeol has never lasted twenty minutes in a club completely sober. He always loved the way alcohol would intoxicate him and make him forget his identity, even if it was only for a night. Among his friends, he was definitely the most craziest partier and the heaviest drinker despite being the youngest.

Chanyeol took his drink and sat down as the rest of the crew went off on their own. The fact that he was no longer a high school student started to sink in. College is the building blocks of his future. If he continued to act like this forever, who knows where'd he end up by the time he was 30.

He drank his drink all in one shot and winced as the alcohol burned his throat. He never really got used to the feeling. He turned around and saw Suho grinding with some girl. He chuckled at his hyung.

The rest of the crew were lounging on the couches with girls hanging all over them. Baekhyun seemed incredibly satisfied as some girl started to give him a .

Is this really how I want to spend the rest of my life?

 

A girly voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Hey cutie, wanna dance?”

Chanyeol eyed her from head to toe and he couldn't deny that the girl was definitely smoking hot.

In that split second, Chanyeol made the decision that he would change his habits, way of life and that this night would be his last time partying.

He smirked and grabbed the girls hand after downing another drink.

 

Chanyeol woke up the next morning with a humongous headache. He turned over and saw the sleeping face of the girl he met last night.

Oh God, please don't tell me we did it...

He looked down and he was fully clothed, so was she. He sighed in relief and looked around. He was at Lu Han's apartment and the guys were all sprawled out on the living room floor.

Chanyeol groaned as he sat up. His head was spinning. This was definitely the worst hangover he had ever had. Not wanting to wake the others up, he quietly stood up and left the apartment. Thank God his house wasn't that far or else he would've passed out in the middle of the sidewalk.

He entered his house and froze to hear any signs of his parents being home. When it was dead silent for a couple of seconds he ran upstairs and took the longest shower he had ever taken, took some medicine and collapsed on his bed.

 

A week passed and Chanyeol was ready for the college life. He wasn't exactly the best at English, so he decided to take a summer English class. He did want to own a business one day and move to America. That type of lifestyle was always appealing to him.

As he was browsing for some books at the bookstore in the mall, his phone rang.

“Ayo wassup, Baekhyun hyung?” he answered.

“Yeolo! We're going to your favorite tonight!”

“The one with the hot bartender?!”

“You know it. You in?”

Chanyeol wanted to yell, 'Hell yeah I'm in!' but he refrained.

“I can't...I have class tomorrow.”

“Class? But it's summer,” Baekhyun said.

“I'm taking a class to help me prepare for college.”

“Oooookay...I'll see you later then.”

“See you hyung.”

He hung up his phone and sighed. This was definitely going to be one of the hardest things Chanyeol will ever try to accomplish.

 

The next day, Chanyeol walked into the small classroom and sat down in the desk by the window.

Students started piling in until almost all of the desks were gone.

A girl with long black hair, with bangs covering her eyes walked in. She hugged her books to her chest as she searched for an empty desk. The only one left was the one beside Chanyeol. She hurriedly rushed to the desk before someone else could take it.

 

The teacher walked into the room and told the students to write a paragraph introduction about themselves the best they can in the English that they knew. Chanyeol reached into his pocket to get his pen but felt nothing. He had a mini heart attack and checked all of his pockets but it wasn't there.

He face-palmed and sighed. With a pained expression he leaned over and asked, “Hey, can I borrow a pen? Only for today I promise!”

She nodded, without making any eye contact and reached into her bag and handed him a hello kitty pen.

He smiled at it. “Cute. Thank you.”

She finally looked up and gave him a small smile. “You're welcome.”

 

The second they met eyes, it like felt time had stopped for Chanyeol.

Her face was pale, and her eyes were big and round. If only they weren't hidden behind glasses. She looked so different from the tanned girls with heavy make-up that he was used to seeing everyday. She had definitely caught his attention.

He noticed that she was taking more than one summer class and she seemed very quiet and reserved. That's when he got the perfect idea.

 

Once the very boring class was over, Chanyeol stood up and stretched. He heard a couple of girls murmur about how cute he was but he ignored them.

“Here's your pen!” he said happily to the girl he still didn't know the name of.

She grabbed it but he wouldn't let go. They played a game of tug of war for a couple of seconds before Chanyeol leaned down with a playful expression.

“What's your name?” he asked.

“Jang Eunbi...”

“So miss Jang Eunbi, are you free?”

She seemed shock at his question. “I have class.”

“How about tonight?”

“I have to study.”

“Perfect! I have to study too! Let's study together! Where do you study?”

“The library by the park.”

“I'll see you there then!” he gave her a wink and left the classroom leaving Eunbi completely confused.

 

Once six rolled around, Chanyeol got out of his bed while playing video games, grabbed his English book and left.

“Where are you going?” his dad asked while watching a soccer game on TV.

“I'm going to the library to study,” he told him.

His dad practically spit out his drink.

“What?!”

“Why are you so surprised?”

“Normally you'd tell me that you're going to a party with your friends. So I know you're not lying. Is a girl involved?”

“No...”

“Now you're lying,” his dad chuckled.

“See you dad.”

 

Chanyeol opened the door to the library and looked around for Eunbi, but he couldn't find her. Desperate, he walked up to the librarian at the front desk. She was extremely old and looked like she was ready murder something as she threw the returned books in a pile.

“Uh, excuse me.”

She looked up with a glower.

“Have you by any chance seen a girl about this tall, with long black hair and glasses?”

She pointed towards the back with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh, thank you,” he said as he bowed to the elder.

 

He weaved through the tall book shelves before reaching a section in the library with empty tables. His heart skipped a beat when he spotted her. She was the only one there.

Before he knew it, he strode over to her with a large grin plastered to his face.

He sat down in front of her and she looked up with a shocked expression.

“What? You thought I wouldn't come? I think you can really help me,” he said, resting his chin on his hands.

“Help you? With what?”

“My life.”

“What?!”

“Are you happy with the way you live?” he asked.

Eunbi thought about it. “Yes, I'm happy with the way I live...”

“You see, you're the exact opposite of me. I want to change my way of life. I don't want to party anymore. I want to learn how to study and stay home. I want to enjoy life without downing a glass of beer and have a girl on my arm 24/7.”

“What makes you think I can help you with that?”

“Because you're exactly what I want to be.”

“You can't expect one person to change your way of life. And maybe living that way is who you are and you can't change it.”

“Maybe...just maybe but I can't go on without trying.”

Chanyeol gave her a pleading look with those big eyes of his. She simply couldn't resist.

She sighed. “Okay. But how do I help you? Like what am I supposed to do?”

He grinned and Eunbi could feel her face getting hot.

 

The next couple of weeks, Chanyeol was practically attached to Eunbi's hip. When she was in class, he'd wait outside her classroom while studying. He observed her everyday life and he noticed that it was also very easy-going despite have so much schoolwork. It was a steady life, something that he wanted.

As the days went on, he started to develop a strong liking to the girl. He caught some of her habits that he found absolutely adorable. The way her tongue would slowly become visible while she was writing a long paper. Or how her face would become totally blank while she was deep in thought. Or the way her eyes would form perfect crescent moons when Chanyeol said something totally ridiculous that made her laugh. And her laugh. Oh God her laugh. It made him feel so happy. Not even the best beer in the world could make him feel the way he felt when he would hear her laughter.

Honestly, he was tired of studying. He actually missed his buddies and wanted to have a thrill. But Eunbi gave him tremendous strength. Whenever he was about to throw his books and give up, he'd look at Eunbi studying seriously and he would gain that motivation. She would never know the impact she had on Chanyeol everyday.

They ate together. Studied together. Walked together but they haven't actually hung out together before.

 

On a nice Friday evening, Chanyeol was tired of studying so he closed his book and sighed.

Eunbi looked up. “You're done?”

“Yeah, totally done.”

“You can leave, I just have one more paragraph and I'm done.”

“No way. It's ten. Who knows what could happen to you at this hour.”

“Awh, is Chanyeol worried about me?” Eunbi joked. She got extremely comfortable around him over the weeks. She realized that he was just a dorky guy with nothing to do.

“Of course I am.”

Eunbi just shook her head and continued to work.

 

Chanyeol put his head on the table and stared at her while she was working.

“Stop staring, I can't concentrate,” she told him.

“I have a question.”

“Hmm...”

“What do you do for fun? For the time I've known you, you haven't done anything fun...”

“For fun? I read fiction books if that's what you mean....” she said.

Chanyeol gawked at her.

She laughed. “I'm just kidding. I do read sometimes but when I do want to have fun I go out with my best friend and we go shopping and catch a movie. But she moved away for college so I don't have anyone to go out with.”

“Hello!” Chanyeol said and pointed to his face. “I'm here!”

“But you're a guy.”

“SO?!”

She just shrugged and started to gather her stuff together.

 

As Chanyeol was walking her home he suddenly stopped. She looked up at him with a puzzled expression.

“What is it?”

“It's official.”

“What is?”

“Tomorrow, we're going to go catch a movie. I'm curious. I want to have fun with you.” Honestly, I have fun with you every waking minute I'm with you.

“B-but...”

“I don't care what you say! We're going! Meet me at the park at 6, okay?!” he yelled as he ran towards the direction of his house.

“O-okay...”

Eunbi turned and started to walk into her apartment building when she heard Chanyeol's yelling. “It's a date!”

 

At three, Chanyeol left his house to go to a cafe for lunch with his crew.

“Chanyeolie! It feels like it's been ages since we've seen you!” Suho said.

“It's been awhile,” he smiled, happy to see his friends.

Kris grinned and ordered some food.

They ate together happily like the old days. It was until Lu Han spoke up that made Chanyeol a little nervous.

“So we still on for clubbing tonight?” he asked.

“Yeah, I'm so ready to dance,” Baekhyun said and made motions with his arms.

“You're coming with us right?” Suho asked, looking at Chanyeol.

“I don't know...I have plans.”

“Come on man! You've been bailing every night we go out! What's up?” Lu Han asked.

“Is it a girl?” Kris wiggled his eyebrows.

“Is it a pretty girl?” Baekhyun nudged him.

“Maybe...”

“Oh! I wonder who this girl is that's got our Chanyeolo totally whipped!” Lu Han clapped.

“I'm not whipped!”

“Sure...you haven't been going out with us at all. Come on Chanyeol. Just one drink. We miss you. One drink won't hurt,” Kris said.

“I can't. I have to meet up with her soon and-”

“Chanyeol! Have you forgotten us or something? Did she plant a chip in your brain forcing you to forget us? We've been your friends for a long time,” Suho said.

Chanyeol looked up and he started to feel bad for suddenly leaving them.

“Okay, one drink...”

“Yeah!” they cheered and left.

 

Chanyeol sat at the bar waiting for time to pass with a glass of alcohol in his hand. He hadn't taken one sip. He was waiting for the clock to hit 5:45 so he could get the hell out of there. He suddenly felt uncomfortable sitting at a bar.

“What are you doing? Come over here!” Baekhyun called him over.

He sighed and walked over to them. Placing himself in the only seat available, which was between two girls wearing shorts way too tight for them.

Lu Han made a funny joke causing everyone to fall into a fit of laughter. Chanyeol added to it by saying another witty remark. He started to get into the feel again as he sipped his drink and joked with his friends as the girls played with his hair. Time had flew by and he didn't even notice.

 

Kris nudged him. “Hey, when were you supposed to meet with your girl?”

“6, why?”

“Dude..it's 8:30..”

“What?!” Chanyeol looked at his watch and cursed out loud. He ran out of the bar and towards the park.

He realized that it had been raining before because the streets were wet and there were fresh puddles of water.

And there she was, sitting on a bench, wearing a pretty summer dress. Knowing Eunbi, it probably took her hours to pick out.

She spotted Chanyeol and stood up to walk over to him.

Despite being drenched, she still looked beautiful.

“I'm sor-” his apology was cut off with a slap.

“You've been drinking. I can smell it. I knew you wouldn't be able to change. I knew you'd go back to how you were! You shouldn't have even tried and got me into this! Now all I am is hurt and-”

 

Chanyeol cut her off by grabbing her face and kissing her hard on the lips.

He pulled away and whispered against her lips, “I love you. I love you. I ing love you! Be patient with me. I'm trying. I really am! Yes, I was out with my friends, but I'm not drunk, am I? I'm still here, aren't I? Please, I really am trying.”

Eunbi stared into his eyes and she could see the sincerity in his words.

She leaned up and kissed him. “Walk me home you butthole. I'm cold.”

He smiled and took her hand.

They walked to her apartment and she let him inside for the first time. Chanyeol waited on the couch for her as she changed into dry clothes. She walked out with sweatpants and a t-shirt with a towel slung over her shoulder.

Chanyeol stood up and started drying her hair with the towel.

“I'm so happy you let me into your world, Eunbi,” he said with his deep, husky voice and leaned down to kiss her.

She pulled away as she started to run her hands up and down his torso.

“Me too. And you know what we do in my world?” she asked in a seductive voice.

Chanyeol gulped.

“We...study,” she whispered in his ear.

He groaned. “Aw, come on!”

 

=======================

I'm so tempted to start an EXO fic now guys....what do you think readers? Should I? LOL.