Join

When in Rome, do as Romans do...

 

            After the door closed, you removed his hand from over your mouth and crawled out. He did the same and you could finally see his face, light up by the moonlight. It was JR.

“What are you doing here?” He asked wide-eyed, seeing your face.

“I’m not talking to you.” You answered turning away from him.

“The janitor locked the door; we can’t get out through there.” He said pulling you back. You turned around and showed him the key, giving him a superior look. “How did you get that?!” He asked amazed by your breaking-in skills.

“None of your business.” You said unlocking the door.

“We can’t get out now, the janitor’s still in the hallway.” He said just when you were preparing to open the door.

“I guess you’re right…” You said and slid against the door.

            An awkward silence was settled between you two after he sat down so you decided to break the ice since he didn’t look like he was planning on talking soon.

“That girl from today…” You said, almost whispering and he raised his eyes to look at you. He had the most beautiful eyes you had ever seen; eyes that made your heart stop for a second. “… is she, um, your girlfriend?” You asked looking away.

“I thought you weren’t talking to me.” He said letting a mischievous smile spread across his lips.

“I was just trying to converse…” You said wrapping your arms around yourself and closing your eyes. The dark scared you and the principal’s office was pitch black. Your body was shaking uncontrollably at any sound you couldn’t explain.

“She’s not.” He said moving closer to you and sitting with his back against the door, so close that his shoulder was touching yours, giving you a sense of relief. “And you can’t defy me like that again.” He said giving you a quick look from the corner of his eye.

“I can do whatever I want, you’re not my boss.” You said moving away from him. He grabbed your wrist and moved his face closer to yours giving you a threatening look.

“I’m not kidding.” You couldn’t look him in the eye, so you took advantage of the darkness in the room and the fact that he couldn’t see you well and looked down. Your eyes were already adapted to the darkness and you could see his chest rising slowly as he breathed in, move that you found fascinating. The tight shirt highlighted his toned chest perfectly making you want to touch it. Not that you were some kind of ual freak but you were curious how it felt.

“I’m talking to you.” He said lifting your chin slowly. His touch snapped you out of the trance his chest had pull you in and you jumped back when your faces almost touched.

“W-what are you doing?!” You yelled pushing him away.

“Nothing, I was trying to make you look at me when I was talking to you.” He said calmly.

“I think the janitor left already so I’m going to go.” You said standing up and placing your hand on the doorknob.

“You didn’t tell me what you were doing here.” He said grabbing your hand preventing you from leaving and standing up.

“Getting even.” You said and opened the door slowly, running to your room after making sure the “sector was clear”.

            You walked back to your room and got changed back into your pajamas then went straight to sleep. In the morning you went to class and the moment you laid eyes on JR, your heart stopped for some seconds. You sunk your eyes into the floor and hurried to enter the classroom and sat at one of the desks. You were looking for your notebooks in your bags when a loud slamming on your desk caused your head to shot up and see Kai.

“Hello, baby.” He said raising his eyebrows. You didn’t look at him and instead just tried following Baekho’s advice and stay out of trouble so you ignored him. “Listen missy, you’re going to pay for what JR did to me, big time so expect me by your room anytime.” He said giving you the chills and making your body shake uncontrollably.

“It wasn’t my fault, I didn’t do anything.” You said turning your face away.

“I didn’t…” He was interrupted by JR who collapsed in the chair next to you and gave him a death glare.

“We’ll talk later.” He said giving you a threatening look.

“I don’t think so.” JR said pushing his chair back and putting his feet on the desk. Wasn’t he afraid what people would think if he always protected you like that? “Is he bothering you again?” He asked and you turned away from him to hide your teary eyes. “If you join us, my band that is, he’ll never dare touching you.” He said softly giving you a feeling of relief. “Do you want to join?” He asked and you nodded quickly. “Then you have to pass a test to prove me. You only have to punch someone in the face. Can you do that?” He asked turning you around. You nodded again and he did so too. “Then who will we punch? Eenie, meenie, miney, mo.” He said stopping his finger at Doyun. “Him. Punch him and I’ll let you in.”

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hello, fantastic readers! Question:

What would you do?

 

 

                                                                XOXO, Andreea C:.