Courage

When in Rome, do as Romans do...

 

Two weeks before:

 “Please mom;” you whined, “I’ve been good, you know it, I never go out so please, just this once I want to go to a party.” You said almost crying. You were always made fun of in school because of your parents. They never let you go out later than six pm and parties were out of question. The most popular guy in school had invited you to his party; the whole school was going to be there except for the nerds and the delinquents and if you weren’t going to be there, then you were going to be an outcast for the next two years of high school.

“No.” Your mother replied firmly, reading the newspaper.

“Mom, I’ve had straight A’s since the beginning of high school. I’ve also been the perfect child and this is all I’m asking for!” You yelled crying in frustration.

“I’VE ALREADY TOLD YOU NO!” She yelled in reply, giving you a deadly glare. “YOU WANNA BECOME A ?! Whose credit do you think it is that you are such a good child?” She yelled throwing the newspaper away.

“If you wanted a prisoner, you should have bought a fish, not make a kid.” You harshly said running to your room and closing the door. You were sick of being everybody’s fool just because your parents were control freaks so you decided to sneak out of the house and run to the party. Said and done, two hours later, you put on a dress you had borrowed from one of your friends and walked to the party.

            The party was interrupted before it had even started, by the police; right when two guys were fighting because they were drunk and you were trying to stop the fight. They announced in public that some worried parents had call and announced their underage daughter was missing.

            They took you back home and your parents decided that such behavior should definitely be punished so they signed you up in a reform school, saying that if you thought that was imprisonment, you should learn the actual meaning of the word and that if you act like a delinquent that was the place you belonged to.

--

            You got dressed and went towards the classroom. On the way you saw the guy from earlier looking inside his locker. You looked at him and saw the same pained expression on his face.

            You peeked into his locker to see all his notebooks ripped and crumpled. He closed the locker’s door, which was painted in red and covered in bad words. You heard laughter as he closed the locker and looked along the hallway to see a group of guys laughing at him. You walked up to the boy and gave him one of your notebooks, smiling. He smiled back and shook his head, denying your offer.

“Please…” You said frowning sadly; you felt so sorry for him that you felt your heart actually breaking. He accepted the notebook and left. “Wait.” You said running after him. “Hi I’m Lee …” You said saying your name and reaching your hand. “Nice to meet you.” You said flashing him a smile.

“It’s better if you don’t talk to me…” He said giving you a sad smile.

“What do you mean?” You asked, giving him a confused look.

“Just, leave me alone, okay?” He said walking to the classroom, leaving you behind. You searched your backpack and found a pack of wet wipes. You took one out and started cleaning the boy’s locker door.

In half an hour, it was cleaner than the others so you decided you could clean the inside too, since you still had time since detention. You opened it and tried to save the less crumpled pieces of paper, then threw the others away. You smiled happily when you were finished and closed the locker’s door.

By the time you finished the bell rang again and the boy had just gotten out of the classroom when you were trying to sneak away from his locker. He ran up to the locker and looked at it in surprise, then gave you a shocked look.

“D-did you…?” He asked opening the door and looking in too.

“No…” You said shrugging trying to suppress a pleased smile.

“…thank you…” He said smiling sadly. “But…”

“Look, I want to be your friend no matter what, okay… Do~yun?” You said reading the tag on his uniform. “So let’s do it over again: Hi, my name is Lee…” You were interrupted by a loud bang. You twitched and looked behind Doyun to see a big guy, dressed in the same black uniform, looking at him with a threatening look on his face. The guy grabbed him by the collar and turned him around, then pushed him on the floor.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” You yelled running up to him and shoving him into the lockers, then kneeling next to Doyun. “Are you okay?”

“Get up.” The guy said kicking Doyun’s legs and he was ready to comply when you stood up and shoved him again.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for reading the story! I know it may not be the best so far but I promise I'll work hard to make it better as it goes!