The real world

When in Rome, do as Romans do...

            You turned around and saw the old witch chasing everyone away and helping Kai up.

“What are you all looking at?! To your rooms!” She yelled and everyone complied.

“Kim Jong Hyun!” She yelled and everyone stopped to look at JR.

“What?” He growled angrily and turned around glaring.

“Did you do this?!” She asked walking to him.

“No.” He answered on a neutral tone. “He hit his head to the lockers himself.” He added shrugging.

“I know you did it.” She said on a threatening tone. “But I will look on the security cameras just to confirm. Then, two days of solitary confinement and a week of detention awaits you.” She said walking away.

“What?!” You yelled outraged. “This is absurd! You should see what that boy, Kai, did to him!” You said pointing to Doyun. “How come HE is the one getting punished?!” You asked pointing to JR.

“I don’t recall asking you anything, young lady.” She said turning her back to you. You opened your mouth to protest again but a large hand covered it, preventing any other words from coming out. You looked around angrily and saw JR.

“He’s her son.” A cute blonde girl said. “There’s no use.” She said on a low voice.

“This is SO unfair!” You said stomping the ground.

“Welcome to the real world.” A blonde guy answered.

“Then why did you interfere?!” You yelled at JR – ignoring the blonde guy – giving him an angry look and clenching your fists. “Now you’re in trouble!”

“I was wondering earlier weather you are extremely brave or just stupid… I know now.” He said and left.

“I’m Ren.” The blonde girl said reaching her hand.

“Nice to meet you.” You said telling her your name. “But isn’t Ren an unusual name…”

“He’s a male.” The other blonde guy cut you off. You blushed hard and shook your head. So, there were only two girls in the school, except for you.

“O-of course he is. I knew that.” You said trying not to offend him.

“Don’t worry; he always gets mistaken by JR’s girlfriend.” He said waving his hand in a “don’t bother” manner.

“I’m sorry.” You said bowing.

“Don’t mention it, I get that a lot.” He said smiling cutely. “He is Baekho, by the way.” He said pointing to the big, blonde guy. You tilted your head and waved your hand friendlily, smiling.

“For your own good, try to stay out of trouble.” Baekho said patting your back.

“What are you doing?!” JR yelled from the end of the hallway and the guys left quickly.

“Bye!” Ren said waving cheerfully. You found yourself waving back unconsciously, mesmerized by his cuteness.

“Ya! Doyun… where are the recordings kept?” You asked becoming serious.

“Um… in the principal’s room…” He said making a worries expression. “Please don’t tell me…”

“We’re gonna steal them!” You said raising your fist in the air, making the hwaiting sign.

“We?!” He asked in shock.

“Yes WE. I need help.”

“Why don’t you just take Baekho’s advice? Leave him…”

“I owe him.” You said turning serious. “Plus, what if he thought the same when helping me? What if he said why not just let her get hit?” You asked glaring at him for thinking like that.

“I’m sorry I didn’t to anything.” He said lowering his eyes to the ground.

“That’s not what I meant. I’m just saying you too should be grateful.” You said escaping a sigh.

“I’m sorry but I don’t want to get in trouble. I won’t help you.” He said and left, leaving you alone in the middle of the hallway. You sighed in annoyance and headed towards the class, dragging your feet as you walked. As you stoop in, you noticed the only empty seat was next to JR. You went up to him and smiled.

“Can I sit here?” You asked tilting your head to get a better glimpse of his face.

“Do what you want.” He said looking out the window. You shrugged and sat. The whole class was looking at you with shocked expressions and their jaws dropped. You frowned and raised an eyebrow suspiciously, unable to understand the cause of their reaction.

“So…”

“Hey, swap places with me.” A low feminine voice cut you off before you even started. You looked up to see a beautiful red-haired girl staring, no, actually glaring, down at you.

“Uhm.. o~” you were ready to sit up when you felt JR’s hand grabbing your wrist and holding you into place. You gave him a confused look but he didn’t turn his head to look at you. “I’m sorry, but I’ll have to decline your offer.” You said giving her a regretful look, shrugging and turning back to your notebook.

“I didn’t ask if you wanted to.” She said taking your notebook and throwing it to the other end of the classroom. “Now go fetch, .” She said giving you a superior smile. You were ready to stand and go, only to notice JR’s grip on your wrist tighten as he looked at her from the corner of his eye. You opened your mouth but before any sounds could come out he let go of your wrist and stood up from his chair. He made his way sluggishly through the room and brought your notebook back. Before sitting back, he placed the notebook in front of you, giving the girl a death glare.

“She is not going anywhere.” He said on a threatening tone and sat back.

“What is she to you?!” The girl asked making an annoyed expression and slamming her hands on the desk, in front of you.

“You wanna get slapped?” JR replied, when he heard her voice rise.

            She made a shocked expression, opening disgracefully.

“HOW DARE YOU?!” She yelled raising her hand, ready to slap JR but his deadly glare stopped her halfway. He stood up and was ready to grab her hair when you shoved him into the wall. He turned around angrily and grabbed your neck, tightening his grip gradually.

“Just because I did you a favor… don’t take me for a fool.” He said pushing you away aggressively. You were feeling bad for crossing the line but he wasn’t right either.

“A man should never raise his hand to a woman.” You said giving him a serious look. “That if you ARE a MAN.” You said obviously getting on his nerves. He his lips in annoyance and grinned devilishly.

“What? You want me to prove you just how manly I am?”

“A doesn’t make you a real man.” You said still glaring at him. He laughed and leaned towards your ear. You turned your head away thinking he wanted to kiss you and he whispered.

“If you don’t shut up right now, I’ll have to hit you.” He said on a threatening tone. That was when you realized he wasn’t the guy you thought he was.

You turned your face towards his, only a few inches separating you and whispered back: “I’m not afraid of you.” He looked at you with wide eyes that suddenly turned threatening.

“Well, you should.” He said falling back on the chair.

“You can actually take the seat.” You told the girl and reached for your notebook, preparing to leave when JR grabbed your wrist again, pulling you towards the desk.

“You’re sitting here.” He said giving you a threatening look. You pulled your hand forcefully and took your notebook, clenching your jaws. “Didn’t you hear me?!” He yelled losing his composure.

“I did, I just chose not to.” You answered and walked to the back of the classroom.

“You can’t leave.” He growled standing up and slamming his chair to the wall as he did so.

“Watch me.” You answered sitting in the empty place.

            The whole class was looking at you stunned. You sunk your eyes in your notebook and tried to ignore the chills you got from their intense stares. In some seconds, the guy next to you stood up and you looked at him confused to see JR standing next to your desk. Remember when you said you were not afraid of him? You lied… big time. He was scary and the look on his face made your blood freeze but you had to play this role to the end. You looked up at him, raising your eyebrow and giving him a questioning look. He sat next to you and didn’t say anything during the whole class but it was fine because you didn’t feel like conversing either.