Feelings

When in Rome, do as Romans do...

                                                   

“Kim Yong Guk[Kim because that’s JR’s name so… since they’re brothers]. So, what is my brother’s glove doing on your hand?” He asked giving you a kind of scary look.

“He gave it to me.” You said shrugging.

“Why? What are you to him?” He asked looking at you scarier than when you had punched him in the face.

“Good question.” You said thinking about it. “We’re just friends.” You said smiling reassuringly. In a second, his big hand reached for your neck and grabbed your jaw aggressively.

“You’d better be ONLY friends.” He said giving you a deadly glare, tightening the grip and making your jaw feel like it was breaking. You gripped his wrist with both your hands and tried to pull his hand away but you could hardly move it.

“I told you we were just friends.” You said kicking around, hoping to hit him.

“Oh, kitty likes to scratch.” He said laughing and tightening the grip. “For your own good, stay away from him or I’ll come back and I won’t be as gentle as I was today.” He said pushing you away and letting go. “Tell my brother and his friends I said hi.” He yelled as he was getting further away.

“I TAKE IT BACK!” You yelled throwing him a hateful look.

“Take back what?” He asked turning around and looking at you curiously.

“The apology for punching you; I don’t regret it anymore!” You said turning around and running to your room.

“Pff… what a strange kid.” He said laughing and walked to the exit.

--

You stopped in front of your room, huffing and looked behind you to see if he was chasing you. Luckily he wasn’t but the second you walked in your room, JR’s words came flying back into your head: “I was wondering earlier weather you are extremely brave or just stupid…”

“I wonder…” You said to yourself sliding against the door. “… I’m not that brave.” You answered yourself after thinking for a while and ruffled your hair in frustration. You were now thinking that your parents were right for always keeping you in the house… you just had this talent of always getting into trouble. You were interrupted by a loud bang in the door that made your heart stop for some seconds. You held your breath, thinking that it may give you away and waited silently for him to leave.

“It’s me.” Ren’s voice resounded from the other side, making you breath normally again. You stood up quickly and opened the door to see a worried Ren analyzing you carefully. “Are you alright?” He asked bursting into your room.

“I’m fine.” You said smiling reassuringly.

“Did Yong Guk do something to you?” He asked caressing your face and you shook your head in response.

“I’m fine.” You said faking a smile. “But he’s scary.” You said pouting.

“HyunA must have called him…” He growled angrily between his teeth. “That …” He continued clenching his jaws.

“What does she have to do with JR’s brother?” You asked curiously.

“Unlike JR, who is a rebel, his brother is his father’s dog… to put in nicely. He does everything his father says.” He said making a thinking grimace, trying to put it into words.

“How is that put nicely?” You asked laughing.

“You’re missing the point!” He exclaimed in frustration.

“Ok, ok, sorry.” You said laughing again. “I’m honestly just happy you’re here.” You said giggling and hugged him.

“You have to be careful… HyunA thinks you’re JR’s girlfriend.” Ren said caressing your back.

“Well, it figures since he’s so nice to me… but I don’t want any of us to get into trouble.” You said sighing. “Hey! You’re equally nice to me, what if you claim me as YOUR girlfriend?” You exclaimed enthusiastically.

“I can’t do that…” He answered surprised by your request.

“Why not?” You asked disappointed that your apparently brilliant idea was rejected so easily.

“Look, JR’s getting out only in 3 days so enjoy your trouble-free time and… try to keep it that way.” He said laughing and ruffling my hair. “I’m going back to class, see you next period.” He said leaving.

            You sat on your bed staring at the ceiling and thinking about stuff; about everything that happened, about your parents, your home, your life before this and realized you no longer regreted sneaking out that night. You managed to make friends, thing you would have never imagined in the first hours spent here. You met JR…

“JR…” You said out loud and felt your cheeks start burning, you could tell you were blushing. Everytime you thought of him, your heart started beating a bit faster. It was obvious you liked him, the innocent kind of like, the kind of crush you get in middle school. But you knew it wouldn’t lead anywhere… you were both getting out of there eventually and God knew if you were ever going to see each other. “Why does everything have to be so complicated?” You asked God and sighed. You hated being by yourself - all those hidden thoughts just kept invading your head – so you decided to try and sneak back in class, at least you could be with Ren.

            You got up and dragged your feet along the hallway when you heard a familiar voice.

“LET GO OF ME!” The husky voice yelled as the dragging sound became louder. You peaked around the corner to see JR being dragged towards the exit.

“Hey, what’s going on?!” You yelled running to him and trying to release him.

“He’s going home.” One of the guards said.

“What?” You asked confused.

“No, I’m not! I’ve got one more week!” He yelled trying desperately to release himself. “Can I at least talk to her for a second?” He asked giving them a pleading look after calming down. “Then I’ll go.”

“Fine, you’ve got one minute.” They said letting him go and backing away a few steps.

 “Look, I’ll come back, okay? Don’t worry; the guys will take care of you.” He whispered giving you an apologetic look.

“I’ll be fine…” you answered laughing bitterly, you knew you would miss him. “You don’t need to come back here for me” you said forcing a laugh again, avoiding his eyes the whole time. “It’s not like we’re a cou…” his lips crashed into yours halfway through your sentence, stealing your first kiss.

“Let’s be, then.” He said smiling sheepishly.

“Th-that was my first…” you said, your cheeks becoming bright red. He gave you a surprised look at first, then laughed and kissed you again.

“And the second, and the third, and the fourth, and the fifth…” he said kissing you repeatedly. “I could go on like this for the next 20 seconds.” He said laughing.

“You didn’t even confess…” you whispered pouting.

“Time’s up.” One of the guards said and grabbed him, dragging him towards the exit.

“I LIKE YOU! WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME?!” He yelled looking back at you.

“You said you’d go if we gave you a minute!” one of the guards said struggling to take him out.

“YEAH!” You yelled in response. “I LIKE YOU TOO!”

_______________________________________________________

Please let me know what you think about this update :D since my reviewer doesn't read them anymore, please give me your feedbacks. :D I'd really appreciate them.