For That Moment Only

Chrome Hearts: A Collection of One-Shots and Drabbles

For That Moment Only
genre: romace || humor || family

I was running towards the train station with my phone in hand. Bom was texting me like mad, saying that the practice dinner will start in exactly 30 minutes and if I didn't arrive there in time, she will throw the main course at me the minute I step inside thefancy hotel-restaurant. I didn't want to have sticky hair so I rushed my feet to run as fast as they can even if I feel like my stilletoes were threatening to snap any minute now.

I bought my ticket, rushed to the train and got inside. I sighed and plopped myself down, taking whipping out my phone and texting Bom that I was already on the way. If only my car hadn't broke down at the last minute, I should have been there by now.

I put my phone back on my purse and took out a compact to check my make-up. It was Bom's practice dinner for her upcoming wedding the next day and guess what? I am the maid-of-honor! Of course, that would be a little too obvious because not only am I her best friend, but I am also her cousin. She wants everything to be perfect even if it was just practice, so she told me, Chaerin and Minzy that she didn't want to see adidas anywhere near the restaurant. She wanted us to be very (semi) formal about this, and me and Minzy were totally fine with it... but the case with Chaerin was different though. Bom made it especially clear to her that she didn't want to see chains, leather, spikes or metal on her dress. Sure that girl had a knack for fassion, but Bom wants her to step out of her usual edginess and switch to something with more class.

Of course, there's also the "no heavy make-up rule". The reason why I needed to check myself is if my face was okay and if my make-up hadn't started to melt from all the running I did. So far, my make-up was intact. It was simple and almost unnoticeable, spare the cherry red lips.

Satisfied, I closed my compact and returned it to my purse and waited for what seemed like forever inside the train. My mind started to trail off towards Bom's upcoming wedding to her boyfriend of 3 years, Choi Seunghyun. She's a lucky woman and she just caught the biggest bait in the sea... not that I can't say the same for Seunghyun. They're like the perfect match for each other! Plus it's also funny because Bom's hair is cherry red while Seunghyun's is torquise blue. They're both aliens and totally wierd, but any guy who can stand Bom's childish ways, huge apetite for corn and constant outbursts is the perfect guy for her.

Come to think of it I am so jealous now. Among our group of friends I was always the one who wanted to get married first , yet I am the one who ha been single for approximately 6 years now! Unbelievable? Believe it! Bom is getting married, Chaerin is engaged while Minzy has been with her boyfriend for almost 2 years now. Aigoo... I feel like an ajhumma.

I let out a heavy sigh and blew on the stray hair that fell in front of my mouth. Maybe I should just be a nun? I think it'll suit me well... aigoo, maybe I really should.

"Sister Sandara..." I muttered rolling the name I made for myself on my tongue. "I think that sounds okay."

Okay I know that I'm talking to myself, but my voice was low and no one could probably hear me.

Although I get the feeling...

I roamed my eyes around the train and caught sight of a really cute guy standing just at the doors of the train. He was wearing a casual white tee, stone washed blue jeans and red and white adidas high-tops. He has a great sense of style and his charisma was oozing off his aura and what is this? His looking right at me? But that's impossible! I'm not even wearing too much make-up.

My hopes were starting to shoot up when I heard a giggle right beside me. I turned and saw a girl wearing short shorts that could pass out for underwear and tight fighting blouse that curved all the way down to show off her junk cleavage. Her boots were thigh high and made of shiny black leather putting my silver strappy stilettos to shame. If only I weren't going with Bom's formality I can top the girl off any time when it came to fashion sense... but  her body was voluptous, unlike mine who still need the help of enhancers(that I'm not wearing now, because I was in a hurry) just to look y. Hell the girl sitting beside me looked like she's a e, heavy make-up and all... not to mention the way she crosses her arms under her chest to push her s up more as she giggled to an untold joke her friend told her.

I sighed and turned to him again, maybe he really was looking at her. I took a risk and looked up to his head, surprisingly I had met his eyes. Meaning, he really was looking at me... or maybe he was just glancing at the girl beside the hot and y woman he was looking at.

He smirked and put on his sunglasses. Who the hell wears sunglasses inside a train anyway!?

I scrunched my eyebrows in question and turned away. I didn't want to bother anymore because he was probably just one of those ignorant playboys who likes to take girls home so they can wrestle in his bed.

I looked outside the window and watched the buildings that we passed by on the overhead rails. Somehow I can't take my mind off the dude that stood there at the doors. It was irksome because my curiousity was tugging on me to at least turn my head to sneak one peak. Guess what? I did take one peak... and when I did, his head was turned to me. I can't see where he was looking though because of the sunglasses he wore.

Satisfied, I turned away to ignore him and go back to contemplating about being a nun when I could still feel eyes on me. I ignored it up until the next stop. Some people went out and more people flooded in, with one guy standing in between him and me, completely being the barricade of my dear insanity.

The train went off again and I hoped that the human barricade would get rid of the feeling, but still none!

Slowly, but carefully, I turned to him yet again sure that he won't catch me because of the man in between us.

Talk about scary, because I saw him peeking through the man's shoulder just to look at me. He smiled when he caught me staring and oh my gosh might I say, that I melted when he did. I still wasn't sure so I turned my head to the girl next to me only to find an ajhumma sitting there! Then I realized the girl must've gotten off on the last stop.

I turned back to him and his smile grew wider. My heart was beating like crazy and I prayed to every gods and godesses that I knew that he would just dispers into thin air, but no! He was still there! Solid and still smirking like hell.

I turned away this time, making sure not to look ever again until my stop came. I scurried out of my seat and rushed out of the train when someone grabbed my arm when I was already near the escalator.

I turned around and to my horror saw him with a huge grin on his face! I tried to shake his hand off, but his grip was so tight that it was chafing my well moisturized skin. My heart was beating rapidly and I started to panic. Did he want my money? What if he want to me? No, no, no, no, no... I need to get out of this sitch quick.

"Before you do anything rash, I am not going to kill you, yo, kidnap you or any of the worst case scenarios you are thinking of." He stated, surprisising me greatly.

I gawked at him. I wanted to ask him what he wanted from me but the words won't come out. They were caught in my throat, making me feel quesy all of a sudden.

As if to answer my unvoiced out question he said, "Your zipper was open the whole time."

My mouth opened to say something, but no sound came out. What did he say? My zipper was open the whole time? But I was wearing a dress how can there be a zipper?

He grinned and arched his eyebrows up quickly. It was then that I felt the cold wind brushing against my back.

The heat rushed up to my face when realiztion hit me. The zipper at the back of my silver dress was hanging open!

I quickly ran towards the nearest post and fixed my zipper behind it. I heard someone laughing from a distance and of course it didn't take me a second to guess who it was. I whirled on my heels to scream at him for laughing at me (and maybe thank him after) but I already saw his retreating back.

I shook my head and decided to just brush him off and run off to my next stop. The hotel!

Once I was out the station I hauled the next taxi and got on. I ordered him to take me to the hotel where Bom was holding the practice dinner and take me he did.

I got there in time (not to mention still fabulous) for Bom to start the dinner.

"Finally my maid of honor arrives!" She exclaimed throwing herself at me. She pulled me towards the table where close friends were seated and left me there as she entertained other guests. Chaerin and Minzy was there with their counter parts.

"Unnie!" Minzy exclaimed, patting the empty seat next to her.

"Hi Minzy-ah... what's going on here?" I asked, turning towards Chaerin and her fiance Seungri bickering about something.

"Seungri wants a practice dinner right before their wedding but Chaerin doesn't want to go through the hassle of it." Daesung explained.

I chuckled at how the two manages to fight over the little things. They were always like that even before they even started dating. But of course, it would always end up with Chaerin winning in the end and Seungri saying sorry for bringing the topic up, then they would kiss and make up. Yes I was envious. While Bom and Seunghyun talked to the guests, Minzy and Daesung were busy playing Tap Tap Revenge 3 on Daesung's iPad while Seungri was trying to win back Chaerin. It's funny cause now that I think about it, their counterparts had always been best friends with each other. Believe it or not Seungri was actually the one who introduced Daesung and Seunghyun to us. He and Chaerin were childhood friends and since Chaerin was one of our best friends, we hung out and well... he introduced us to his own group. Each one of us instantly clicked after that. They actually hoped that their other friend Youngbae would make a move on me, but didn't. He tried once, but I only saw him as a brother to think about him more than that.

"We're gonna start any minute now." Bom informed us as she and Seunghyun came to our table.

Seunghyun was talking on the phone obviously frustrated. He ended the call and stuffed it into his pocket before turning to Bom.

"Well?" She asked.

"He's coming down right now." He replied pulling out a seat in our table.

"What happened to him hyung?" Seungri asked as Bom also took a seat beside Seunghyun.

"He said he had jet lag, that's why he fell asleep. He doesn't have soomething to wear also. I told him to go to our hotel room and borrow your clothes."

Seungri nodded his head knowingly at Seunghyun. I wonder who they're talking about? Must be the best man. You know it's wierd because I thought the best man would either be Daesung or Youngbae. We've been hanging out long enough for me to think that, but then again, Seunghyun knows a lot of people.

Youngbae approached our table mometarily to ask, "So are you guys ready?"

Bom looked up to him and smiled. "Nae. How's that song going?"

He smiled, turning his eyes into tiny crescents. "It's going great. I'm gonna go play now" He informed before going to the piano at one corner of the restaurant. "Oh Dara, you look great."

I gave him a slight smile for a thank you. WHen I turned to my friends I saw the huge grins on their faces. "What?" I asked innocently.

"Are you sure you don't want to hook up with Youngbae? I mean there is still a chance you know. He's still single." Bom informed.

"Nae. Plus he's quite a catch don't you think Dara? Handsome, nice voice, sweet, rich, nice toned body..."

I cut off Chaerin. I know Youngbae must be perfect, but I really don't see him more than a brother.

Seungri snickered. "You know noona likes pretty boys."

I shot Seungri a glare and threw the table napkin at him. "Shut up."

The table boomed with laughter. They seriously think that I need a boyfriend. Aigoo... they really need to lay off on my relationship status.

While they were busy laughing at me for some reason, Seunghyun suddenly stood from his chair with a screech. "Finally my best man is here!" He exclaimed leaving the table and going towards the door to greet someone.

I turned my head to see who he was but all I could see was the back of Seunghyun's head covering his face. I shrugged and decided I would meet him in when he sits down anyway so I went back to my friends.

"Hyung!" Seungri exclaimed standing from the seat when the best man and groom returned to our seats. Now this time I looked up to see them exchanging handshakes.

My jaw dropped to the ground when I saw his baby-like face. My eyes were probably as wide as saucers, because I seriously can not believe the sight in front of me! It was the dude from the train!

After exchanging handshakes with his friends, he glanced at me and the look of surprise was evident on his face. Yeah well, he's not the only one who was surprised.

He stared at me for a few seconds before a smirk formed on his lips followed by an audible chuckle. Seunghyun noticed he wasn't paying attention anymore and looked to where his eyes was on. I looked away and stared at my lap, trying to avoid his stare as the color started to rush up to my cheeks.

He sat down on the empty seat beside me, so I didn't dare move a single muscle.

Seunghyun sat back down beside Bom and introduced him.

"This is my best friend Jiyong. He's been studying in the states for college, that's why you haven't met him yet, plus he's managing his family's business there." He explained.

"Nice to meet you oppa. I'm Minzy." Minzy greeted reaching across the table to give him a handshake.

"I'm Chaerin." Chaerin introduced also reaching to shake his hand. "So are you here only for Seunghyun's wedding or are you gonna stay here for good?" She asked, starting up a conversation.

"Only here for the wedding. Though I have a one-month vacation." He explained. I could seriously hear the amusement in his voice.

My eyes were still glued to my lap. I seriously can not move my eyes. I could feel him boring holes into me, but I wasn't so sure because I didn't want to meet his intense gaze.

"Omo! Jiyong, this is Dara. She's my maid of honor."

Damn you Bom! Now I have to look up.

I slowly lifted my eyes from my lap and gave Jiyong a forced smile. The grin on his face made me want to strangle him so much, but I couldn't so I just glared. He returned the glare with an amused smile, staring me down. The air started to tense and our friends could obviously feel it around us.

"Have you guys met?" Daesung asked, observing the clear lightning that shot from my eyes.

Without taking my eyes off him I replied, "Actually no."

He smirked and neared his face to mine. "What do you mean no? Don't you remember the 'cold wind' that brought us together?" He asked emphasizing the cold wind part. "Are you sure your zipper is in tact?"

"Hyung! What are you talking about!? Don't tell me you've had a one-night stand with Dara-noo- Ow!"

"Shut up Seungri." Chaerin scolded. She had just slapped the backk of her fiance's head and I must say it was not just a light slap.

"Dara what's going on?" Bom asked.

I sighed and broke away from our stare game while he gave a sgn of victory annoyingly. "I met him earlier at the train statio. There was an incident of- "

"The zipper of her dress was hanging open as she walked around. I could see the strappy laces of her bra." He cut off.

I shot him a deathly glare, but didn't say anything because it was the whole truth. Seungri was about to comment but the glare Chaerin sent him made him clamp his mouth shut.

Bom turned to me with an arched eyebrow. "You are so careless why did you forget to zipper your dress?"

She's right. I was careless, but it was her fault! I was up all night trying to review some of the documents given to me. I only got 2 hours of sleep, so I decided to catch a quick nap after lunch... but I fell asleep and when I woke up I only had 40 minutes left before the dinner starts. The hotel was far from my house so I needed to hurry up. I was putting on my dress, and was halfway throught the zipper when Bom called and told me to get there as soon as possible. I decided to wear my heels first before my dress, but after I finished putting on the straps of my shoes Bom called again. I was such in a hurry that I forgot my zipper was half-open and because of all the running I did, it must've slid back down.

I didn't answer. Instead I kept quiet and drank the glass of water provided for us.

The dinner had started and Jiyong was all up in his annoying me, but I found out that he actually has a funny personality. Yes I admit, I sorta admire him, but I was still sour because he laughed at my ordeal earlier that day.

After the dinner Seunghyun left with the boys for a bachelor party. We also decided to leave when I saw a piece of paper under the plate that Jiyong had ate at. Curious, I took it and unfolded the paper. I chuckled realizing that it was for me.

Dara, here's my number. Make sure to call or text me when you get it.

000-XXXX-XX

Jiyong

I took out my phone saved his number on my phonebook and texted him immediately.

To: Kwon Jiyong

I got your note.

"Unnie, let's go. The boys are waiting." Minzy called out.

"I thought they were having a bachelor party?" I asked.

"They were supposed to, but Chaerin didn't want Seungri around with some strippers." Bom joked hooking her arm with mine. "So Dara... what do you think of Jiyong? He's cute don't you think?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows.

I slid my arm off hers and grabbed my bag. "He's cute, but I'm still sour."

Bom chuckled and faked a gasp. "Could it be? Our ssantokki is not going to be a nun after all!"

I swatted her arm lightly and got out of the restaurant first. We went to Bom's hotel room to change clothes (she had brought them in, and yes they were new) and when we went out of the hotel, the boys were already waiting for us. Seungri was whining at Chaerin, but she just ignored him and talked to Daesung- who had his arms around Minzy, while Bom constantly apologized to Seunghyun about ruining his bachelor party. Seunghyun reassured his future wife that he'd rather spend his last night as a non married man with the love of his life than with a bunch of s. Youngbae was not around becausehe had to work as a DJ at night, so basically everyone had pairs.

I was getting envious all over again.

"I got your text." A familiar voice had said from no where, making me jump in my place. I turned to meet Jiyong's face, that had a sincere smile on it. I nodded and gave a slight smile to acknowledge his pressence before oogling and getting jealous over my friends.

"Makes you envious huh?" He asked.

I scoffed. "What makes you say that?"

"Well... judging by the fact that there's no pair of strong arms around your shoulder's right now, you are probably single... and by the way you look at the ring in Bom's hand gives off the idea that you want to get married too, but can't seem to find the perfect man."

He hit the bull'seye. How could someone whom I just met know that much about me?

"You're girlfriend is lucky to have you. You seem to know a lot about girls." I said, turning to him.

He chuckled and shoved his hands on his pockets. "I don't have a girlfriend. It's been 6 years now."

My eyes widened. Just like me!

"But I still have fun and mess around every now and then." He winked at me and gave me a mischievous grin.

I cocked an eyebrow. "And you haven't found a perfect girl in any of the girls you messed around with?"

He laughed dryly and didn't reply. A wave of silence ensued upon us and it wasn't until Seunghyun called us out that the silence broke.

We joined the group and was met by grinning faces. "Getting comfortable with each other huh?" Bom teased nudging me on the rib.

"Don't get your hopes up. He's only here for a month." I told her.

Yes, he was here for a month but I never expected it to be the best month of my life.

***

"Ready!?" Bom asked turning her back towards us. She was gonna throw the boquet towards us. The garter was already thrown earlier but I was on the bathroom re-doing my make-up that time. I asked who caught the garter, but hell they wouldn't tell me who. Suspiciously when it was time for throwing the boquet, Chaerin and Minzy ppushed me towards the front and ordered the other girls to back-up. Bom threw the boquet unusually low, so it landed on my hands.

They made me sit on the chair immediately and revealed the guy who was gonna put the garter up on my leg. My jaw dropped when Jiyong emerged from the crowd with the garter on his hand. I looked away when he kneeled in fron of me and started to slide the garter up my right leg. Everyone was screaming "higher!" and with every demand I felt like my face got redder and redder.

Despite the crowd's request, Jiyong stopped two inches at my knee and stood up earning dissapointed moans from the crowd. He smiled at me and gave me a wink before leaving the scene.

I approached him after that when I saw him out on the hotel's veranda. "Why did you stop there?" I asked.

He turned to me and smiled. "You seem like a girl who deserves respect, don't you think?"

I smiled back at him and we started talking as the party went on inside. I felt comfortable around him, like I can tell him about my life. He probably felt the same because I found out that he'd met Seunghyun when they were in middle school when he accidentally tripped him on the hall. THey fought after that, but in the end became the best of friends up until they graduated high school and he needed to go abroad to study for college. They hadn't lost touch though, because Seunghyun would constantly pay him a visit whenever he's in the country.

"Hyung, Seunghyun-hyung is looking for you." Daesung interupted.

Jiyong clicked his tongue and asked me if he can go ahead. I said yes so he left with Daesung, who was asking him questions.

The next few days after that were wonderful. I was surprised to go out of my office building when I saw him waiting for me with his white bentley. My office mates were cooing at how handsome he was, asking me if he was my boyfriend or if I even knew him. I said he was just a friend, nothing more. He took me to a lot of places that day... this continued on for  two weeks. Sometimes he would even stop by for lunch. I was touched reallly, but the bitter part of all this was he would call at ungodly hours of the night just because he can't sleep.

It was all fun really. I loved hanging out with him, and I guess I enjoyed his company... a lot. Our friends seem to also love the fact that we're getting along well too. Why wouldn't they right? I mean seriously, we're all friends.

Well next week he's gonna go back abroad and god knows how long I won't be able to see him again. So I admit, I had a little something towards him, but I won''t give him the satisfaction of telling him. Okay that might be the reason why I've been single for 6 years.

***

I stared at the documents in front of me and re-read them again for the nth time. It's really frustrating because I had no idea what I was exactly doing. My boss just walked in on my office and put down this big pile of documents that I needed to review for the other branches of this company.

My nose was burried in piles of paper when I heard the door to my office open. I looked up and saw my co-worker Hyesun pop her head in with a smile on her face.

"Please don't tell me there are more documents?" I asked putting down the one I was holding.

"Ani... it's just...." I never heard what Hyesun was saying after that because my phone started to ring like crazy. I checked the caller ID and my brows immediately shot up.

"Uh... Jiyong?"

"Go out of your office." He said.

"Mwo?"

"Just do it." He commanded, ending the call before I could even answer.

I turned to Hyesun and the smile on her face was still there. "What's going on?" I asked standing from my desk. I approached the door and swung it open after Hyesung stepped aside to let me through. I was really surprised to see a bunch of people I didn't know, wearing black suits holding up cue card with arrows that pointed towards the elevator.

"What the hell is going on?" I mumbled following where the arrows were pointing. It led me to the windows/walls of the building. I looked down and saw a few more people in suits at the bottom of the building. They were each holding out cue cards, but this time, bigger. I noticed the road was somehow closed, so that they could take it all up.

I cocked my eyebrows suspiciously, then my phone rang. I knew who it was, so I didn't bother to check the caller ID.

"You know what that is?" Jiyong asked on the other line.

"People?" I remarked sarcastically.

He chuckled and ended the call leaving me hanging. I kept my eyes on the people down at the street and noticed my friends were also there. In a matter of seconds the people flipped their cue cards and compressed together to form the words, "SANDARA PARK WILL YOU BE MY GIRL?"

My eyes widened in total shock. My co-workers all rushed to the window to see what was going on. Some started to squeal in delight, some started to groan in envy. I  was too shocked to move a muscle. I could see Bom and Seunghyun giving me a thumbs up from under there.

"So will you?"

My whole body became ice. He was behind me. My co-workers were cooing at how handsome he was... and he wanted me to be his girl!

With every inch of my being, I turned to face him. He was wearing a big smile on his face and was holding out a single long-stemmed white rose on his hand.

"Jiyong..." I trailed off looking for my words. I feel like this is all coming from a soap opera. I can't believe this really is happening to me.

He took one step closer and took my hand in his. "I'll say this again... Sandara Park, will you be my girl?"

I beamed. Without even thinking I threw myself at him. "Nae!"

He chuckled and then leaned down to kiss me in front of so many people. It was blissful, yes... and believe it or not after that whole ordeal, my boss fired me because my boyfriend cause traffic jam and because the people in the office stopped working. Didn't matter. Jiyong wanted me to quit because he wanted me to come with him. I didn't. I told him I could wait as long as he calls and communicates with me.

3 weeks in the states and he couldn't take it so he went back home and decided to manage a branch of their family business here. Pabo right? But it was sweet... I didn't reject his idea of me moving in with him. After a year of being together he proposed and said he wanted to start a family with me! Isn't that nice? I even married before Minzy did! But Daesung proposed on the day of our wedding, stealing the limelight for a moment.

***

"Eomma!"

Seomi's voice echoed through the whole room. She ran up to me and jumped in my arms, while her dad was tailing behind her. I chuckled and gave her a light peck on the cheeks.

"How was your playdate with Hyoji?" I asked setting her down.

"It was great! Her babysitter made us cookies. Auntie Bom wanted to help, but she ended up making a big mess in the kitchen. Uncle Seunghyun pulled her out and said not to ruin our..."

I smiled and nodded at the words that came out of my daughter's mouth. She was so innocent and cute!

Jiyong approached me and gave me a kiss on the temple. "How are you?" He asked, moving his hand to my stomach.

I smiled. "I'm great."

"Eomma, I hope my baby sister will come out soon so I can take him to my and Hyoji's playdate." She smiled and turned to my womb. "You will like the cookies Sunye makes! They're delicious!"

Jiyong chuckled and tightened his grip around me. He leaned in my ear to whisper. "When are you telling her that she's having a little brother?"

I chuckled and turned to him. "Let's just let her find out arasso? I'm sure she'll love him the same way."

He laughed and gave me a kiss on the lips. My family. It's nice don't you think?


A/N: I no proof-read, but I hope you guys enjoyed it. There were still a lot more meat and conflicts in between, but I got juiced out and decided to leave them alone in case I'll turn this into a chapter story. Anyways, the next chapter will probably be a drabble... if not then you're up for another long one-shot.