Bubblegum Icecream

Chrome Hearts: A Collection of One-Shots and Drabbles

Bubblegum Icecream
genre: fluff || romance

Bom was walking along the park waiting for my best friend Dara. They were supposed to go to the mall  today and had planned to meet in the park that was just near their apartment.

She knows why she's late... she didn't come home tonight so Bom guessed Dara spent her night at her boyfriend, Jiyong's place. Considering the time right now, she figured they were doing one of their *clears throat* "sessions.

Bom sat down on a nearby bench that provided great shade. She threw her head back to look up at the sky. The sun was starting to scorch, so she figured it was already around 9 AM.

"Ssantokki, don't make me wait any longer..."  She muttered, closing her eyes. It was near summer so the air is starting to get humid, making her sweat under the shade of the giant tree.

Bom sat still for about 2 minutes when she heard the familiar catchy jingle of an ice cream stand. Her eyes snapped open and looked for the stall.

She stood from the bench and walked over there. It was hot after all, so she might as well buy something that will cool her head off.

"One scoop of bubblegum icecream please." She requested.

Bubblegum was her favorite ice cream flavor. She knew some people think it's not really nice, but she loved how it smelled. She's been buying bubblegum icecream every saturday at this icecream shop just near the building she wroked at. Call her obssessed, because she is.

He gave her, her bubblegum ice cream and she gave him the money. Having her treat, she walked away and went back to the bench she sat in earlier. She stopped on her tracks when she saw a dude sitting there with his eyes closed as he listened to his MP3 player.

Bom's eyes travelled to the icecream in her hand and back to him/

His hair was the exact same color as her bubblegum icecream!

She giggled at the thought and walked there, sitting casually beside him with a smile on her face. To be honest, this guy was cute. He had nice features and a nice frame, but she doubted he would talk to her though.

A small chuckle came from him, arousing her curiousity. She looked towards his direction and saw he was staring at the ice cream in herhand.

He took off his earphones and sat straight setting his attention towards her. "I used that ice cream for inspiration to color my hair."

Her eyes widened. Not because he just told her that he inspred his hair from his favorite ice cream color, but because a guy that looked like someone from a magzine cover, was talking to her.

"I- I..." She stuttered, clearing so that she could let the words out. "I think you're hair is nice." She voiced out.

He smiled and reach his hand out towards her. "I'm Seunghyun, but you can call me TOP."

She looked down at his hand and shyly took it. "Bom."

He laughed again and turned to the sky. "You like bubblegum flavored ice cream?" He asked.

She nodded her head, still confused. "It's my favorite."

"I figured." He replied.

Awkward silence eveloped them because she didn't want to do anymore talking. She looked ahead and continued eating her ice cream in silence. She was already half done when she had this urge to turn her head and check on him.

She wanted to stop herself, but her head was moving on its own accord.

Bom's heart skipped a beat when she met his eyes, only just inches away from hers. She could feel his hot breath on her jaw. It looked like he was going to kiss her, making Bom's heart run wild.

Surprised she was when she felt his hand prressed on her cheek as he wipped off some ice cream that strayed away from .

The color rushed to her cheeks and she almost dropped the ice cream in her hand. She looked down on her lap and muttered, "Kamsa..."

He smiled and was about to open his mouth to say something when Dara and Jiyong arrived.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting Bommie." Dara apologized.

Bom looked up and saw her best friend standing beside her boyfriend. "He's coming with us?" She asked.

Dara shook her head. "Ani... he's just here to meet Seunghyun."

Bom's head immediately turned to Seunghyun.

"I guess you two have met?" Jiyong asked, noting the fact that they were talking earlier.

"Nae." Seunghyun answered.

"We gotta go now Jiyong. I'll see you later." Dara kissed her boyfriend goodbye and left with Bom.

Bom waved goodbye to Seunghyun when they were already far from them.

"I told you she'd be here." Jiyong said once the girls were out of ear shot.

Seunghyun smiled as he watched Bom's retreating figure. "Thaks for that info. You know, she was eating bubblegum ice cream when I said hi."

Jiyong just laughed.

Seunghyun had been crushing on Bom for a while now. He'd seen her coming out of the cafe near her workplace with bubblegum ice cream. There was actually this one time when she tripped and accidentally smeared her ice cream on his shirt. She didn't remember it, but he could play back the scene in his mind in high quality.


A/N: So I haven't proof-read this story (heck I don't think I proofread short one-shots xD), but a picture I found in 9gag gave me an idea. I was like, "what the hell?" when I saw it... then I thought I'll just make a one-shot while I still have internet. So here it is! I hope you enjoyed it xD

Will update my other stories sometime later. I'm really busy right now~~