Session Gone Wrong

EXTRAS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum sat on the large, cushiony chair across the ebony desk staring at his hands. He fiddled his fingers and played with the hem of his shirt, looking anywhere but Jia. As his eyes wandered over to the old clock on the wall, Jia leaned forward on the desk and watched him expectantly.

“Why do you keep checking the time, Kibum? Are you that eager to get out of here?” She asked him. Kibum glanced over at her, slightly narrowing his eyes. He wasn’t particularly fond of Jia and did not like having to attend sessions so often. Why Mir loved coming so much was going to forever be a mystery to him.

“I just want to go home with hyung,” Kibum told her stiffly, crossing his arms and slouching in the chair.

“You want to go home or do you just want to see Heechul?” Jia inquired psychologically. Kibum didn’t answer, instead just narrowed his eyes even more to glare at the wall. Jia sighed and then sat up straighter in her chair. “Why is it so important that Heechul is constantly by your side, Kibum? What are you so scared of? Heechul made it very clear to you that he’s not going anywhere, he’s not going to abandon you like your parents did.”

Kibum stiffened and turned his head to look at her, only the angry look in his eyes was replaced by something else; fear. But even so, he still didn’t speak and so Jia continued on.

“You doubt their love for you because you’re scared. You don’t want to relive those months where you were completely alone. But what if, Kibum, what if by chance Heechul wasn’t out there after a session? What would you do?” She asked him.

“He wouldn’t! Hyung promised that he’d always be out there when we’re done,” Kibum said anxiously; hearing her talk like that made him feel nervous and his heart beat sporadically.

“But what if he wasn’t?” Jia pressed on. Kibum shook his head no and quickly stood up from his seat, making his way towards the door. Jia sighed softly and swiftly followed him out; this wasn’t going to be easy.

When Kibum pushed through the doors to the lobby, the first thing that he saw was that Heechul was not waiting there like he’d promised. Kibum looked around wildly, fear boiling up inside of him, wondering where the hell Heechul was and why he wasn’t there. Maybe – Maybe he’s in the car? Kibum thought desperately, rushing over to the window to check outside; but the car was gone as well.

Heechul was gone.

Kibum was alone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter