PON #1

EXTRAS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One
The Promises of Nocturne

 

 

There was a deep scar on his wrist that was a constant reminder that he’d ed up.

It was jagged and the skin was raised. Around the edges was still a dark pink color and the scar itself was smooth but scaly; it was disgusting and he hated himself for it. Glaring down at his wrist, Key pulled down the sleeve of the hoodie he was wearing, unable to cope with the amount of deep loathing he’d been feeling these past couple weeks.

He sat on the bed and looked around the bedroom that he’d been using and tried to remember a time when being there was actually welcoming. But ever since he woke up in the hospital and was released into the hands of Kim Heechul there had been a tense atmosphere surrounding the house and with years of experience, Key knew when he wasn’t wanted around. There was no nice way of putting it – everybody in this house either hated or had a grudge against him.

Sighing tiredly, Key curled up on his side and clutched the blankets in his hands, wanting nothing more than to disappear from the world. It wouldn’t be so bad if Heechul would just let him leave but every time he asked if he could go there was always the same excuse of the newly appointed social worker from Child Protective Services. The sad fact remained, and he wasn’t quite ready to accept it, but he had nowhere else to go. The government wouldn’t let him go back home to his parents and apparently he wasn’t allowed to live with the Choi’s either; not that he wanted to. He wasn’t ready to face them just yet.

There was a brief knock on the door but Key didn’t bother answering; it would only be Heechul anyways. He closed his eyes and took a slow breath as Heechul entered the room.

“Are planning on staying in here all day?” Heechul asked as he set a basket of clothes on top of the dresser. He pulled open a couple drawers and began placing random pieces of folded clothes in them and when Key peeked open his eyes to see what he was doing, he scowled and rolled over to face the wall.

“Let me just go downstairs and hang out in the living room, I’m sure it will be so much better than staying in here. I can just see it now! Mir will be so pleased to see me – I’m sure he won’t leave as soon as I put one toe near him. Oh, and Donghae surely wouldn’t follow him either because I know he likes me so much. Wait, I forgot about Kibum! A silly mistake but when you’re not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter