PON #4

EXTRAS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four
The Promises of Nocturne

 

 

The library was barren for a Tuesday evening with empty tables scattered through the vast area of books. There a couple college students studying near the computer desks and an elderly couple searching through the large text aisle with the help of the librarian. With rain pounding against the roof and giving off a very comfortable and quiet atmosphere, Heechul decided that now was a perfect time to speak with Key and Kibum about how things were going to start changing at home. After the therapy session, Key seemed to be in a slightly better mood than usual.

Heechul looked around to see where Kibum had wandered off to. He’d brought the two of them here to do school work but Kibum had abandoned it the moment he opened the first book; lately he just seemed too distracted to focus on homework. It was good that he was homeschooled and had some leeway so there wasn’t really any due dates for the homework, whereas Key, who was pouring over texts books and concentrating on some literature essay, was only on home bound and still had to get his assignments done by the end of each week. But since Kibum was nowhere to be found Heechul decided he would start with Key instead.

Reaching over, he slowly tugged the notebook away and slid it over so that he could see what Key was writing. He read it silently for a moment, well aware that Key was watching him closely, and was pleasantly surprised that it was so well written.

“This is very good,” He commented, moving to the next paragraph. “You’re taking advanced literature, right? That’s all the Shakespeare plays, isn’t it?”

Key shrugged and held his hand back for his notebook when Heechul finished what he’d written so far. “It’s not anything spectacular,” He said modestly.

“I think it is. You’re smart and you’re taking advantage of the education offered to you. Have you thought about when you want to start attending school? I know you’re probably not ready but I just wanted to let you know the school board agreed to extend the home bound period until January so you don’t have to go back until second semester,” Heechul informed him lightly, not wanting to make a big deal out of it. Clearly Key was in no state to be in school just yet but he was hopeful that if therapy worked out then he’d get Key back for the second half of the school year.

By the look on Key’s face school just wasn’t an option right now.

“It’s alright, you don’t have to think about it anytime soon,” He said hurriedly, not wanting to give him any reason to stress. “There is something I want you to think about in the meantime, though.”

“What is it?” Key asked quietly, pulling over a new textbook and flipping it open. “If this is about answer the phone when Minho and Mrs. Choi call I already told you that I don’t want to talk to them.”

Heechul smiled lightly but shook his head no. He wasn’t going to bug Key about the Choi family for now. He felt bad for that family but there wasn’t anything he could do to help. If Key didn’t feel comfortable talking to them and fixing that relationship that was on him. There were more pressing matters to deal with at present.

“Remember how I told you that I was going to talk to the boys about the way everyone has been acting? Well, I wanted to talk to you first – well you and Kibum but I don’t know where he went – about this. I thought it might be a good idea for us all to start spending more time together. So I’ve decided that I’m going to start limiting room time. Everyone will have to hang out in the living room together, talk and cope together,” He explained slowly, watching Key closely for a reaction.

Key smirked and shook his head. “Well good luck with that. In case you hadn’t noticed I’m not the one being a stubborn ; that would be your two sons who want nothing to do with me. And just for the record I have been trying to talk to them but Donghae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter