Chapter 6

Never Almost Had You

I was expecting boss to shout at me when I entered the store. But she didn't. She came forth and grabbed me by the shoulders, "Oh my, are you okay dear?"

I swear she's the best boss ever.

After reassuring her and the rest that I'm fine, Boss continued to rant about how bastard that customer was. Apparently, he returned to the cafe after giving up on chasing us and made alot of noise. Jinki, who continued the performance on his own, had to stop because of the arguement between boss and the customer.

Many customers left as a result and boss kept apologising to him and offered to waive off his bill and compensate, on my behalf, for his laundry expenses. In the end, he finally, but somewhat unwillingly, accepted it and left.

"I'm so sorry..." I apologised for causing so much trouble that day but everyone seemed to be on my side. They were relieved that he didn't hurt me. And they praised Jonghyun for being the hero. Hyoyeon kept going on about how cool Jonghyun was when he punched the man. I swear I sensed a little jealousy coming from Jinki. "I would have done that too you know. I just wasn't as fast," Jinki explained, indirectly directed at Hyoyeon.

By the time we left, it was near midnight. Jonghyun offered to walk me home but I rejected. Hyoyeon stays just a few streets away from me so we could accompany each other home like we usually do. I don't see that it was necessary. But Jinki offered too, "It's late and not safe, let us send you girls back."

Hyoyeon turned to look at me, waiting for me to make a decision. I know she wants me to say yes. I shrugged and smiled, giving her the "okay fine go ahead" sign. "How nice!" she said cheerfully to the guys.

On our way home, Hyoyeon and Jinki were too engrossed talking to each other to even realise that I exist. Well, he and I to be exact. Both of us just listened and laughed along to their conversation without speaking much. As we reached the junction that Hyoyeon and I usually part, Jinki suggested that he will walk Hyoyeon back while Jonghyun can walk me back. I can take care of myself, I thought to myself. I was starting to get a little annoyed as I imagined the awkwardness I have to face for the next 5 minutes when the two of us are left on our own again. Before I could say anything, Hyoyeon and Jinki bidded us goodbye and headed towards the opposite side of the street.

"They seem like a great couple don't you think?" Jonghyun and I said at the same time as we began to walk towards my house.

We both burst out laughing at the coincidence. "Yeah they sure do," I laughed, "but she refuses to admit it. Even the blind can tell that she likes him."

"Really? He doesn't admit it too but it's just too obvious isn't it? Maybe we should make them admit it," he joked.

The next 5 minutes passed faster than I thought. It wasn't as bad as I imagined. We joked and talked about how each of us knew Hyoyeon and Jinki and how amusing this two were being too blind to see that they are in love with each other. I also found out that he is a year younger than I am. He started addressing me noona. He's the first. I don't have a younger brother and I didn't have many guy friends, none that were younger. Back in the States, people don't really care who is older or younger either.

Noona. The word noona feels so distant yet close to me when he says it.

Soon enough, we were at my doorstep. "Thank you for walking me home" I started, "and earlier today. And for everything."

"No problem. Anytime!" he replied with a smile. A beautiful smile that warms my heart and make me feel secure somehow.

I waved goodbye and turned to walk up the stairs to my unit at the rooftop. As I reached the last step, I turned back to see him still standing there watching me. Then, he cooly waved and walked away.

"Ya! Unnie! Is that your boyfriend?" a voice suddenly spoke behind me, scaring the soul out of my body. I swear my soul flew out of my body for a second.

"Oh my god you scared me!" I screamed and whacked Krystal with my bag while she just laughed. "What are you doing out here so late?"

"I just came back after the movies with my friends. I was just on my way up when I saw you and your boyfriend walking over," she explained.

"No, he isn't my boyfriend!" I defended as I stomped into the house. I could feel the heat in my cheeks. I am not blushing, am I? I tried to hide my face away from Krystal to avoid more misunderstanding about me and Jonghyun.

"Really? He's pretty cute," she commented. I could sense some excitement in her words.

Yeah. He is.

_________________________________

OMG GUYS! JONGSICA OTP IS ALIVE AGAIN ON 120501!!!
/spazz/ /fangirls/ /dies/
Words can't describe how happy I am to see them interacting again! Strangers no more! :')