Three to Go

Beside Her

 

Eunmi had walked back into the school to find Taemin. He was taking way too long just to get something out of his locker.

 

"Yah!" She heard from around the corner. "in' idols all have their in' noses in the air, don't you?!" She turned the corner and saw the same big guy from yesterday with his 2 friends surrounding Taemin.

 

"Maybe I should fix that nose for you," Baehyul said menacingly as he grabbed Taemin's collar and lifted his fist, preparing to punch him.

 

Baehyul looked around in surprise when his wrist was grabbed and pulled back. His eyes got wider when he saw that Eunmi was the one holding him. She glanced at Taemin. "Damn, I can't leave you alone for a second without someone all over you." She had a small smile on her face when she'd said it, but the smile didn't reach her eyes at all.

 

"You're a fan of his, too?" Baehyul sneered at her. Eunmi didn't bother to answer him, instead she punched him. Taemin saw blood spurt from his nose. He let go of Taemin's collar as he grabbed his face with that hand since Eunmi was still holding his other wrist.

 

Taemin saw Chisoo and Jiwoong moving in on Eunmi and was about to grab her and run, but before he could do anything, Eunmi was swinging her leg around and kicked Chisoo in the chest and then turned to Jiwoong and punched him across the cheek with her free hand and then kicked him where it can really inflict damage on a man.

 

She was still holding Baehyul's wrist and turned back to him once his friends were taken care of and just looked at him. It was kind of scary because her eyes were flat and cold, bearing no resemblance to the bright-eyed look Taemin was used to.

 

"I told you I don't like bullies, didn't I? You didn't take me seriously, did you?" Eunmi pursed her lips and shook her head in mock pity. "I'll be nice this time since you don't know me," she said with a smirk. "Don't let me catch you bullying anybody again," she was no longer smirking, "especially not my dongsaeng," she nodded in Taemin's direction. "I catch you again and you'll get a helluva lot worse than this." She leaned in until she was nose to bloody nose with Baehyul. "I can promise you that."

 

She finally released Baehyul's wrist and started walking away. "Let's go, dongsaeng," she said over her shoulder. Taemin glanced at Baehyul, Chisoo, and Jiwoong for a second before he rushed to catch up with her.