The End of the Mission

Gunshots of Love

Listen to (Infinite – BTD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNUilVWFDs      

I heard Jonghyun’s breath stop beside me, and Se Kyung gasp. GD was all out shaking right now because of the sudden party crashers.

                I kept my eyes on Jaejoong, suddenly aware of why he was here. And why he was absent. Everything started to make sense.

                “Kwon Jiyong,” Jaejoong said in a husky voice as he approached us.

                “Kim Jaejoong,” GD said, currently recovering.

                Jaejoong glanced over at SHINee, at me, and at CL. But in the end ignored us for the time being.

                “I know you did it,” Jaejoong said.

                GD shrugged. “Did what?”

                “I know that you murdered my wife,” Jaejoong barked, growing angrier by the minute. “I saw the video. I saw the whole scene recorded on tape. I saw everything.” He grabbed GD by the collar of his shirt. “You bastard!” He then punched GD square in the face.

                GD fell to the ground.

                “Oppa!” CL went over to help him up.

                “I…d-don’t know what you’re talking about,” GD said.

                “One year ago….you’d called Taeyeon over to the warehouse to discuss the feud between our families. And you killed her. Right then and there, and then set the place on fire. A week prior to the murder you’d asked one of your men to break into my home and steal my watch. The one you knew I always wore. Thus, using it to frame me for murdering my wife. Something I’d never do in my life.” Jaejoong turned over to Jonghyun and said, “You deserve to know the truth, son.”

                “Dad…” Jonghyun said.

                “So? What can you prove? I wasn’t even there,” GD replied with a scoff.

                “I wasn’t finished.” Jaejoong continued. “After you murdered her and framed me, you left the warehouse and set it on fire. But what you didn’t know then was that someone else had been there in the warehouse. A homeless man had been living there, and he conveniently had a video camera with him. He’d escaped the warehouse before he could’ve been burned to death as well. He was too stunned by the whole thing to tell anybody. So he flew from the country with the tape with him. It took me a long time to track him down, and I even had to use the old rumor of smuggling to cover up what I was doing. But after seeing the video with my own eyes, I know that you’re the murderer Jiyong.”

                I jumped into the game. “Also, just a couple of weeks ago you’d come back to that same warehouse. Probably worried about someone finally figuring all of this out. And you brought CL with you to make it less suspicious.”

                GD kept his head down, contemplating on what to say to that. “God damn it…I knew I felt someone else present…” He looked up, and suddenly pulled something out from his pocket.

                No.

                “Jaejoong duck!” I yelled.

                BOOM!

                The whole room shook in fear and the girls started screaming. Jaejoong wasn’t hurt, so he took out a gun himself and shot it at GD but missed.

                “Why? Why did you have to go the extent of killing her?” Jaejoong asked. “What did she ever do to you?! Why couldn’t you’ve shot me instead?!”

                “Do you remember what’d happened during high school?” GD asked hoarsely.

                There was a flicker of something in Jaejoong’s eyes.

                “It was senior year…and SoHee was pregnant with my baby…you’d killed both her and my baby,” GD said through his gritted teeth.

                “What the are you talking about?! I never even touched Sohee!” Jaejoong argued.

                “Well someone did! I was called to an abandoned warehouse to find her dead. Same as you, Jaejoong. The star on her cheek ultimately proved it.”

                “Well I didn’t kill her. I may have hated her, and I may have been jealous that you were going to have a son before me, but I would never go to the extent of killing her. I’m not that kind of person,” Jaejoong declared.

                “Shut up. I know you did it. And I want you to feel the same pain I felt. And I’ve waited for this day…” GD suddenly shot Jonghyun in the shoulder, which sent him down. Like a ninja, he swiftly grabbed Jonghyun into a head lock and pinned the gun to Jonghyun’s head. “The day…,” GD continued, “…the day where I’ll see you again…to kill your own son right before your eyes.”

“You’re shooting the wrong person, Kwon Jiyong.”

                It was Se Kyung. She stepped out of the shadows and up to the scene. She looked different now. That expression on her face didn’t look the same. She looked evil now, in a way.

                “What are you talking about?” GD asked.

                “Huh, can’t you see?” Se Kyung scoffed. “My dad was the one who’d murdered your little Sohee.”

                Our eyes widened. “B-Bwoh?!”

                “Tis true. SS501 was never close to the amount of power TVXQ and Big Bang had back then. So, my dad Kim Hyun Joong decided to frame one person for the murder of another’s beloved.”

                “Why are you telling us this?” I asked.

                “Because I need Jonghyun to know that I never dated him because I loved him.” She looked over at him, with no pity on her face whatsoever. “I only got close to you so I could see this happen. So my dad, who’d felt so guilty about murdering a girl and her unborn baby, that he committed suicide, would get the credit he deserves.”

                She lifted up her dress and pulled out a gun from the holster on her leg. “And to get the revenge from the two men whom made him do what he did.” She held the gun towards Jaejoong and shot. He dodged it well. She shot GD and since Jonghyun had been holding him back, hit him square in the leg. He collapsed, and Jonghyun wrestled himself out of his hold, taking GD’s gun with him.

                He pointed it at Se Kyung.

                “Se Kyung…STOP this. They didn’t do anything. It was your dad’s fault for being too greedy,” he said.

                “Don’t insult my dad!” she cried. She shot and Jonghyun dodged it.

                My skills were coming back again and I knew what to do at a time like this. Creeping up behind her, I jumped on Se Kyung and wrestled the gun out of her hand. She screamed and moved around a lot as I struggled to pin her down. I jumped off of her and pointed the gun at her head.

                “Don’t talk back to him,” I said, pressing the gun against her temple.

                “Huh, think you can still win me, Lee ______?” Se Kyung looked around, and smirked.

                “You were there at the warehouse when we’d visited, were you?” I asked.

                Se Kyung looked at me. “So you saw.”

                “How could you be doing this to Jonghyun? Why did you have to hurt him like this?!” I asked.

                “Don’t act like you weren’t doing the same thing,” Se Kyung hissed.

                My eyes widened. “W-What are you talking about?”

                “Don’t act dumb, you little CIA agent.”

                I felt my heart beating faster. “H-How did you know?”

                “I have my ways,” Se Kyung replied coolly.

                “EVERYONE FREEZE!”

                They were here. The CIA was here.

                “What’s going on?” GD asked.

                “Everyone, put your hands up. Kwon Jiyong, you are arrested for first degree murder,” the CIA said as they handcuffed him. “And to you, Miss Se Kyung. We have some things to discuss about your father.” Then they took her away as well.

“Lee _____, you’re finished here,” The leader of the group said.

                Everyone turned their eyes towards me, and I suddenly felt like a traitor. SHINee had their mouths and eyes wide open, Key didn’t say anything, and Jonghyun looked like his heart had been ripped into a million pieces. He looked so broken.

                “So I was right all along…,” he said. “You are a spy.”

                “Jonghyun, no, it’s not like that,” I started to say.

                But I could see it in his eyes. No matter what I said, he’d never believe me. All I was to him now was someone who’d only used him. I was no different than Se Kyung.

Listen to (Changmin – Confession): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32p0iVtdsTY

                People from the party started to disperse and Jonghyun kept his eyes on me the whole time, thinking about god knows what.

                One of the CIA guys came over and said, “Hey ______, you want me to drive you home?”

                “I-

                Key stepped up in front of me. “It’s okay. I’ll drive her home.”

                The CIA guy nodded. “Alright then. Drive safely.”

                I didn’t want to have to face Jonghyun. I didn’t want to see his pained face and I didn’t want him to see my tears. So I followed Key outside away from the chaos and got into his car. I took out the hearing device that I’d put on before the party. It was linked to the CIA. That was how they’d known what was going on.

                “That was some party huh?” Key asked on the ride home.

                “Yeah, it was,” I replied, staring out the window.

                Key cleared his throat. “You know…I think Jonghyun knew all along about your secret identity. I just think that he didn’t want to believe it.”

                “Believe what?” I asked.

                “Believe that someone else besides Se Kyung is using him and his love.”

                I sighed. “You don’t know how guilty I feel.”

                Key scoffed. “Don’t tell me you actually fell for him.”

                I shrugged. “Maybe I did. Maybe I didn’t.”

                “Hmm…”

                Key dropped me off in front of my house and said, “Goodnight, ______.”

                “Goodnight.” I said.

                “Wait.”

                I turned around. “What?”

                “I think you’ll want this.” Key dug something out from his pocket and handed it to me.

                “What is this?” I asked.

                “A picture of Jonghyun. I have a feeling you’ll need it. After all, after tonight, things will definitely change for him in terms of his whereabouts,” Key said.

                “What does that mean?”

                “It means that you may never see him again. Same for you, little CIA agent. So hold onto that,” Key said.

                I was going to ask him more, but he’d already drove away.

                I ran up the driveway and opened the front door. Stepping inside my house, I’d never been so tired in my entire life. What an eventful night.

                “______! You’re finally home!” My mom said.

                “Yeah,” I said. “Is something wrong?”

                “It seems as if you’ve completed your mission,” she said. “Are your preferences on love the same as before?”

                “I don’t know,” I replied. “The heart is a complicated thing.”

                “Well, Principal Song wants you tomorrow. You’ll attend the ISSAA for about a week and then a new mission will probably be assigned for you. Since you’d completed your last mission so successfully, she may allow you to finally do international missions,” my mom said.

                “I-International missions?”

                “Yeah. You know, missions that aren’t in Korea. Like Japan, Thailand, or even America.”

                “Does this mean I won’t see Jonghyun again?” I asked.

                “Well, it depends. Since his dad’s back now, they might travel. Or do some businesses together. He certainly won’t be in one place for a while. Most likely he’ll still attend school. But things will change for him. Things will change for you too. If fate allows it, the two of you will see each other again.”

                I went up to my room and threw myself onto my bed. I looked at the picture of Jonghyun that Key had given me. It was just him, smiling, his brown bangs just over his eyes, and I could see SHINee in the back. I held it close to my heart, and whispered, “Please, please, fate. Let me see him again.”

                It I’d known that that night would’ve been the last time I’d see him for a long time, then maybe I would’ve done things differently.

                Like maybe telling him my true feelings for him.

A/N: if anyone's confused about what happened i posted a faq as the next chapter :)