The Gunshot of Love

Gunshots of Love

Listen to (Infinite – BTD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSAbUzmh46g       

Later that night, my mom had sent me to the supermarket to pick up some groceries. I was walking out of the neighborhood when I suddenly felt something over my mouth. And before I could even react, my vision turned black.


 

                When I woke up I felt myself being slapped in the face.

                “Argg,” I said as my head was slapped to the side.

                “It’s about time you woke up.”

                That voice…was so familiar…

                And then it hit me:

                Se Kyung.

                She was back alright. And she looked as intimidating as ever. Her hair was dyed pitch black; she had extensive eye liner on, was dressed all in leather, and resembled a cat ready pounce on her prey: me.

                I looked around, and realized that I was in some dark room. I was tied to a metal pole and a single light bulb lit the place. I also saw a couple of other men piled by what looked like a door.

                “So how have you been, Lee ______?” Se Kyung asked me.

                I didn’t respond. The answer was obvious.

                “Hm…haven’t changed a bit…,” Se Kyung mumbled.

                “Why are you doing this? What have I ever done to you?” I asked.

                “Ha, great question!” Se Kyung exclaimed. “At first, I’d thought that myself: what have you done to me? You’d never laid a single finger on me, and yet I feel this tension whenever you’re mentioned.

                “And then one day, while I was resting in my prison cell, it’d hit me: if it hadn’t been for you, I would’ve succeeded.”

                I raised a brow. “Succeeded?”

                “Yes. If it wasn’t for you barging in and saving the day, if it wasn’t for you winning the other half of Jonghyun’s heart, I would’ve managed to kill both Kim Jaejoong and Kwon Jiyoung. But no. I had to get caught and sent to jail. I couldn’t just let myself sit there while Jonghyun and you still had chances to be with one another.” Se Kyung smirked.

                Suddenly one of her men came over and said, “He’s here. Shall we bring him in?”

                Se Kyung looked over at me mysteriously. “Yes, you shall.”

                Out from the dark shadows, Se Kyung’s henchmen dragged Jonghyun in, throwing him onto the ground.

                “Jonghyun!” I cried. “Are you okay?”

                “______?” Jonghyun looked around. “W-What are you-

                “Good. Now that the both of you are here, I can get started,” Se Kyung said.

                I swallowed hard. “Get started on what?”

                “Aww. Look. CIA secret agent Lee ______ is scared.” Se Kyung made a face of fake pity.

                “I’m not scared,” I stated.

                “Sure you’re not.” Se Kyung rolled her eyes and pulled something out of her leather jacket.

                A gun.

And she pointed it at me.

                “Scared now?”

                Instead of focusing on the gun pointed at me, I was figuring out how to undo the bonds on my hands.

                Se Kyung lost her patience with me and shot.

                It slightly grazed the top of my arm. I felt pain go throughout me but ignored it.

                “Se Kyung, why are you doing this?!” Jonghyun asked, turning to face her.

                “You’d always been an annoying one Kim Jonghyun. You and her both. Now, Lee ______, I want you to feel the pain that I’d felt when I had to witness my father’s death. Except this time, I shall kill someone who means so much more to you than your father himself.”

                She pointed the gun at Jonghyun.

                “Kim Jonghyun.”

                Jonghyun scoffed. “Se Kyung, do you really think you can kill me? I’m not that weak little boy you’d met five months ago.”

                “Oh, I know what I’m up against,” Se Kyung said. “But I do know your weakness.”

                Jonghyun raised a brow. “Weakness?”

                Se Kyung shot me again, this time through the shoulder.

                “!” I cried out in pain.

                “Oh so you think ______’s my weakness?” Jonghyun asked. “Well then you’re wrong. If anything, she’s the last person on Earth that I’d give a about.”

                “You’re all talk Kim Jonghyun,” Se Kyung barked. “Why won’t you prove it then?” She walked over and handed him the gun. “Shoot her.”

                Jonghyun’s eyes widened. “What?”

                “You heard me,” Se Kyung snapped. “Shoot her.”

                Jonghyun fiddled with the gun in his hands, not saying anything.

                “Huh,” Se Kyung scoffed. “I knew it. You dirty little wimp.”

                Se Kyung was pulling out another gun when Jonghyun swiftly shot me. This time it hit me on my other shoulder.

Listen to (Big Bang – Hallelujah): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TISeJgwF9NI

No One’s POV:

                “Please ______, just hold on…” Jonghyun felt his heart break at what he’d just done. But he had no choice. It was the only way to set up for what was coming up next.

                Then, while Se Kyung was still in shock, Jonghyun took a perfect shot at the bonds on your hands, freeing you from the ropes.

                “Run ______! Run!” Jonghyun cried.

                You were way ahead of him. Some guys were blocking the door and you kicked them out of the way. You heard gunshots and realized that Jonghyun was shooting some of the henchmen, while dodging Se Kyung’s bullets at the same time.

                You didn’t want to leave him behind, but you knew that he could take care of himself. So you pushed open the doors of the warehouse and ran out into the moonlight. Soon you heard some footsteps catch up to you and felt a hand slip into yours. And as you looked at him running beside you, Jonghyun seemed to look more beautiful than ever.

                You looked behind you and saw a bunch of big men in black catch up to the both of you. You looked ahead and saw even more men and Se Kyung strutting in front of them. And that was when you knew:

                That you weren’t going to make it.

                Se Kyung wasn’t going to stop. You were surrounded, cornered. You looked at Jonghyun and saw blood. He’d get even more injured if he strived to protect you. You didn’t want him to get hurt.

                And he doesn’t even love you anyways. It’d be best for the everyone…

                You loosened your grip on Jonghyun’s hand, as the 2 of you got surrounded by Se Kyung and her henchmen.

                “There’s no escape now, Lee ______.” Se Kyung turned to Jonghyun. “And there’s no use protecting her anymore.”

                “Don’t think that I won’t.” Jonghyun tightened his grip onto your hand and stood in front of you. “Go ahead, shoot.”

                Se Kyung smirked and shot his arm.

                He showed no signs of pain.

                Se Kyung shot his other arm.

                Still no signs of pain.

                Se Kyung sighed and said, “You really are stubborn, you know. But, if you want it like this, I might as well make it quick.” She aimed her gun straight at Jonghyun’s heart and said, “Goodbye, Kim Jonghyun.”

Listen to (Taeyeon - Like a Star):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FGzGkBlv2g               

You couldn’t just stand there and watch him die, to watch him die protecting you made your heart break even more. You were losing so much blood from Se Kyung’s earlier shots, but you used all of your strength to pull yourself in front of Jonghyun just as Se Kyung pulled the trigger. You were hugging onto him with all your might, digging your face into his chest as you felt the bullets hit your back with bursts of pain. You were starting to black out, and it started getting harder to breathe. Somewhere in the distance, you heard Se Kyung faintly say, “I knew you were going to do that, Lee ______.”

 

                Your body started falling limp and you couldn’t stand anymore. You collapsed on top of Jonghyun and fell to the ground. In the distance, you heard police sirens.

                “______!” Jonghyun cried. “______! ______!”

                He cupped the back of your head, resting it on his lap. “______, please open your eyes, please, for me,” he said through his tears.

                Somehow, you’d heard him, and you used all of the energy you had left to slowly open your eyes. Jonghyun felt his heart relax a bit, and said, “Pabo. Why did you do that huh? Why couldn’t you just let me protect you? Why couldn’t you just…” Jonghyun was out of breath. The tears just wouldn’t stop coming out.

                “It…was…a gunshot of love…,” you said breathlessly. “…for you…to be happy.”

                “How can I be happy if you’re not here with me ______?!” Jonghyun cried.

                “But…you-

                “Do you know how much I love you ______? Do you know how long I’ve waited to finally have you in my arms? I love you, so much…to the point of wanting to cry because I know that I can’t have you. I may not show it like I used to…but you are still the only one who can make me smile in a heartbeat. And even though sometimes I try to suppress it, I still end up smiling because of you anyways. Whenever I see you with some other guy, when I saw you kissing Key…my heart hurt more than anything…if only…if only I hadn’t been such a bastard when you came back…if only I’d…” Jonghyun let his tears fall, holding your hand tightly with a sudden feeling of realization. “…If only I’d said this sooner. And if you keep your eyes open ______, then I’ll never be a bastard to you again…never…”

                You cupped Jonghyun’s face with your hand, wiping his tears away. You used all your might to give him a small grin and said, “I love you too, Kim Jonghyun…”

                “No! Don’t say your goodbyes! If you love me, if you really do love me, then don’t do this to me. ______, please…don’t…” Jonghyun held your hand and pressed it to his forehead, praying that you’ll be okay. He couldn’t lose you like this…

                He just couldn’t.

                But before the both of you knew it, you felt your breaths getting shorter and shorter, and as the police sirens got its loudest, your eyes closed.

A/N: don't worry, it's not over yet :) and remember i have a new story out! :D

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/40274/i-found-you-in-my-suitcase-korean-romance-shinee-taemin