Banmal Song

Still In Love

 

Seohyun was waiting patiently for Yonghwa to arrive inside the backstage while the make-up artist was putting on her make-up.

Will he ditch me? No, definitely not. Yonghwa is not rude. He is… he is… she sighed after seeing the Yonghwa yesterday she didn’t know how to describe him anymore but she can’t do anything about that because it’s her fault.

“Okay, were done” the make-up artist left leaving her alone in the backstage.

She sat down at an empty chair and took her phone from the table. She was thinking if she would call him just in case he forgot that there’s something up for today even though she already texted her. Suddenly, the door opened revealing the man that she was waiting for. She placed her phone back on the table.

“Yong, you’re a bit late.” Seohyun really tried to speak in banmal and in a more cheerful way but it made no change.

“Waeyo? Did the show started?” he asked sarcastically while looking at her with those cold eyes.

Seohyun’s smile vanished once again. Her heart can’t help but ache with his coldness.

She just forced a smile “I mean, the make-up artist already left so----” she was cut off.

“Arasseo.” He answered to cut her off. He does not want to hear her voice any longer and he does not want to have a conversation with her especially not before the show it will just ruin his mood.

Then he looked around looking for a vacant seat and the available one was only beside her. He rolled his eyes and sat beside her. He does not have a choice this time.

Seohyun smiled a little knowing that she could have a little chance to talk to him with this close distance.

“Yong, what do you think is the reason behind this reunion?” she started a conversation trying her best to be confident and friendly.

“I don’t know.” He answered coldly and senselessly without turning his gaze at her.

Her confidence level dropped a little.

“Ah, I think it’s a good thing. I really missed talk shows, these past few weeks I’ve been really busy for recording and pictorial.” She said with a smile.

“Is that so?” he raised his eyebrow.

“Yeah, how about you? Honestly, I missed hanging out with you.” she smiled. She’s starting to feel more confident because he is responding to her.

“I’m doing great.” He smirked without responding to the last few words.

Miss hanging out?… with me? Tsk.

“Ah.” Seohyun’s heart sank.

Why is he so cold?!?! Can’t he talk to me in a more polite way??? Tears were threatening to fall again but it stopped when Yonghwa stood up. Seohyun felt a little hope.

He smirked “When did you become so talkative?” he said right in front of her with a tone of insult.

Seohyun understood what he is trying to say.

Why do you need to be like this???

She finally stood up.

“Why? Isn’t this what you want before, that I’ll talk to you. That I’ll talk to you comfortably? What is the problem with that?” she muttered to him with pain. Tears were already in the merge of falling but she will not let that happen especially not in front of him.

He chuckled sarcastically “That was before. Now, I don’t think that’s still what I want.” He smiled and looked at her but she looked away. “Why? Aren’t you staring at me so hard when we hosted before?” he leaned closer to her face.

Seohyun pushed her away and looked at him “Yah! Why are you being like this?!? Are you happy to see me look like a fool just to get your attention? Huh? Are you happy? Are you happy to make me suffer?” the tears that she was holding back finally reached its limitation. The tears flowing from her eyes were unstoppable it just flowed, flowed and flowed.

He felt a little pain seeing her tears but he put his self first “Suffer? I also suffer. I also suffer when you rejected me. Rejection? I have no problem with that but rejection after making you feel loved and special. That’s the thing that I can’t understand.” He shook his head and look away from her. He can’t stand seeing those tears but he also don’t want to be kind to her after what she have done.

“I know! It’s my fault! I’m insensitive. I’m useless. I’m nothing because I hurt you! But why do you think I’m acting this way? You know I’m naturally calm and quiet. But why am I suddenly acting this way? Jung Yonghwa, why am I like this???” She raised her voice to him for the very first time her face was already red and wet from tears her eyes were puffy and red too but she didn’t care she wants to express her feelings, she wants to clear everything and she wants to reconcile with him. Friendship that’s enough for her even it would hurt for a little while as long as the ‘old’ Jung Yonghwa will come back.

Yonghwa felt a guilty because of those tears. He can’t believe that this is happening. He wanted to wipe those tears away and embrace her tightly but his pride is overcoming him “Yeah, why are you acting this way?” he answered as calm as he could.

“Because… because… because…” Seohyun can’t take all this drama. Her heart was in deep pain already she wants rest she’s tired and hurt.

She walked out of the room and went inside the restroom and washed her face. She was still crying though her face is already wet.

“Because I love you…” she whispered to herself while tears were still flowing from her eyes.

Meanwhile, Yonghwa closed his eyes and sat down on a chair.

Jung Yonghwa you’re such a jerk! Why did you make her cry?!? It’s so obvious that… that… Aish!

“That she loves me? That’s ridiculous. I also thought of that before but what happened? You got rejected and now I’m trying my best to avoid her and to be rude to hide…” He continued his thoughts by talking to himself silently.

Now, tears already flow from his eyes.

Jerk!

He sat down at the couch with all those stuff on his mind when suddenly he heard the banmal song played.

Huh???

Then he saw a cell phone on the table beside him, he recognized it was Seohyun’s phone.

Her ringtone… is… Our Banmal Song…

A smile was formed on his face then he stood up and walked towards the door…

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Everyone :h So, here's an update. Sorry if it took me more than a week to update. Hmm, will Yong finally reconcile with Hyun? :) Please leave your comments guys. :)

 

Anyways, thanks for reading and leaving your comments for my story. I love you all <3

 

 

KimNaYoung~